Sponsored

Got rear ended today

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I've owned the car for over 2 years, been on 2 race tracks and never an issue. Stop at a light coming home tonight and a young girl rear ends me in her parents SUV. She said her brakes weren't working well. She just gouged my bumper cover and rear valance with the license plate bracket on her car.
We didn't call the police, just took pictures and exchanged info. I took pics of her DL, her bumper and mine. I told her flat out that I was taking the car back to Ford to be repaired and would send them the invoice to pay. I want the car put back to original, not just "buffed out". Just sucks.
mustang.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
How I feel.
MyScratchMeme.jpg

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Love Tap ...

From a Camaro or Challenger I bet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will be ok. ;)

Could have been worse.

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I would suggest you get a repair estimate and then get the money from the family first...if not, you may be stuck with the bill.
Thats what I meant. I would send them the estimate, not invoice. Typing faster than I'm thinking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
From a Camaro or Challenger I bet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will be ok. ;)

Could have been worse.
From some Chevy SUV, Traverse maybe. Yes, its a love tap but we all get heartbroken over the first one. :brokenheart:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Love Tap..

From some Chevy SUV, Traverse maybe. Yes, its a love tap but we all get heartbroken over the first one. :brokenheart:
Got one a few months ago in traffic while driving my Ford Flex, the driver that hit me turned out to be a former co-worker. She was very embrassed, don't know if she recognized me but I asked her if she was ok, she said yes and I
told her not to worry about the damage. She was grateful and I jumped in my car
and drove off. My wife was shaken by the incident but understood that I gave a
former co-worker a break. Karma will take care of the rest someday. ;)

Last edited:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I've owned the car for over 2 years, been on 2 race tracks and never an issue. Stop at a light coming home tonight and a young girl rear ends me in her parents SUV. She said her brakes weren't working well. She just gouged my bumper cover and rear valance with the license plate bracket on her car.
We didn't call the police, just took pictures and exchanged info. I took pics of her DL, her bumper and mine. I told her flat out that I was taking the car back to Ford to be repaired and would send them the invoice to pay. I want the car put back to original, not just "buffed out". Just sucks.
I was texting.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Not sure which is worse though - I have a car on the road that does not have working brakes or completely driving blinde

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Personally, I would always call the cops. It isn't enough that you have pictures of the cars separated. If you took the picture while her car was still touching yours, it's a different story. If you don't have this pic, all she has to do is deny it. But that's just my 02. I've learned people aren't always honest and respectable after they leave the scene.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Personally, I would always call the cops. It isn't enough that you have pictures of the cars separated. If you took the picture while her car was still touching yours, it's a different story. If you don't have this pic, all she has to do is deny it. But that's just my 02. I've learned people aren't always honest and respectable after they leave the scene.
This has been my experience too. I have been in 2 accidents where the people were very nice at the scene and clearly admitted fault, but then I get a call from my insurance company saying the other party is denying fault. The police report has always proven my innocence though.

I also now have 2 dash cams(front and rear) to squash this shit immediately instead of waiting for the police report to be mailed 2 weeks later.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That's easily $1k in repair work.

If it's a good shop - they will have to remove the bumper cover and repair it.

The black lower valence is not repairable - so that part alone from Ford is close to $200.

Not sure if your back up sensors or anything behind the cover is damaged.

How's your tail lights and trunk lid alignment?

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
So far everything looks aligned ok. She knocked me forward a couple of feet so I don't have any pics of the cars touching. I do have a webcam and even though its pointing forward it clearly shows me being hit from behind.
Not sure about calling the cops but I am calling my insurance company today and just made an appointment with Ford to have it looked at.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it just me, I do not see any damage
Sponsored