Got Rear ended today

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Thank God you, and your wife are OK. Chit happens, and the good news about Mamma put's the car wreck into perspective.
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
We are glad you're ok. So, so glad your wife got the good news.

We moved from Galveston about 2 1/2 years ago. We do not miss Houston traffic.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
thank you guys for the comments.The guy didnt want to call the police but i Did i didnt want any trouble with his insurance not paying. its going to need a quarter panel, trunk, tail light, and bumper plus some minor little parts .. last rapair ended up being like 12k in total. Lets see how this one goes and how much i get for the diminished value.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
it is
We are glad you're ok. So, so glad your wife got the good news.

We moved from Galveston about 2 1/2 years ago. We do not miss Houston traffic.
yea specially right now with all the construction going on. On the brighter side yes we are so happy, and blessed my wife is doing alot better emotionally.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
thank you guys for the comments.The guy didnt want to call the police but i Did i didnt want any trouble with his insurance not paying. its going to need a quarter panel, trunk, tail light, and bumper plus some minor little parts .. last rapair ended up being like 12k in total. Lets see how this one goes and how much i get for the diminished value.
And they probably would. First thing they would ask is if there was a report. Followed by, I didn’t hit his Mustang.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
it is

yea specially right now with all the construction going on. On the brighter side yes we are so happy, and blessed my wife is doing alot better emotionally.
Yes, I-45 was more or less a permanent mess when we left town.

Again, so glad for the good news. God is great!

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT

yes on i45 and 646 they are doing a mess just to swap ttaffic from a over pass to a under pass to me its the same thing but hey im by no means a expert on highways ..

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
And they probably would. First thing they would ask is if there was a report. Followed by, I didn’t hit his Mustang.
yes sir thats why a police report is better maybe he got a ticket i dont know but it was his fault after all.. the only bad thing is im going to have 2 accidents reported on my vin. i was planning on keeping this car but now i dont know.. last repair was only replacing parts now they are going to Cut and weld the quarter panel. the shop i took it the first time did an amazing job i am confident they will do it again but im just not to happy with the car being repaired like that. But who knows if i dont get good money out of the diminish value ill just keep modding im pretty sure ill forget about it when having fun with it

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Glad you're okay. Were you stopped at the time? I'm not picturing how his trailer got the back of your car unless you were stopped and he was turning.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
yes on i45 and 646 they are doing a mess just to swap ttaffic from a over pass to a under pass to me its the same thing but hey im by no means a expert on highways ..
I'm convinced that all highways in Texas were designed by Aggies... :clap:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
But who knows if i dont get good money out of the diminish value ill just keep modding im pretty sure ill forget about it when having fun with it
If you would be willing to keep it without diminished value, I'd say keep it regardless. Whatever diminished value you get is how much less its worth NOW because of the repair. Even if you get true diminished value, you break even if you sell it now. The longer you keep it the LESS the repair reduces its value. So, for example, if you kept it until an unrepaired car is worth what you got for diminished value, yours would still be worth more than zero. The difference is all profit plus whatever returns you got on the investment of the diminished value amount..

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

lol it still is!

I got my first rock chip on that highway last weekend.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
yes sir thats why a police report is better maybe he got a ticket i dont know but it was his fault after all.. the only bad thing is im going to have 2 accidents reported on my vin. i was planning on keeping this car but now i dont know.. last repair was only replacing parts now they are going to Cut and weld the quarter panel. the shop i took it the first time did an amazing job i am confident they will do it again but im just not to happy with the car being repaired like that. But who knows if i dont get good money out of the diminish value ill just keep modding im pretty sure ill forget about it when having fun with it
Which body shop do you use?