Sponsored

Goodbye Mustang community

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
So on Black Friday me and a friend were on the freeway, it was raining hard. I was in the middle lane and an old Buick travelling next to me on the fast lane went into my lane but the driver corrected it BUT the correction caused the driver to lose control and hit me on the drivers side door, we spun and ended up colliding head on with the center divide and all the airbags deployed, then we rolled all the way back. There were 2 witnesses and the driver was a very old lady who didnt seem to care that she almost killed 2 people.
I do not think i will be going back to a Mustang only because I kind of want something a little more roomy but still has good power...possibly a dodge charger RT or a ford explorer.

I havent been as active on these forums as I used to be but it was still great being part of the mustang community especially being a part of the s550 community these past 3+ years. Thank you guys and be safe.
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Holy sh*t, good to hear you weren't seriously hurt or worse. As for picking something else, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But h*ll, yours was barely a year old? Wow that sucks.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yup got it december 8, 2018...registration was coming up too so on a good note, i wont have to pay that $500 registration.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
$500.00 registration?!?!?!? D*MN, that's high!!!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Thank God you guys were all ok. I smashed my first 5.0 that way on the highway and was completely destroyed and looked like a banana. Was light rain and spun it into a guard rail hitting it twice. That car was totally stripped with roll up windows and no radio. I just could not bring myself to replace it with the same car so the solution was to buy it fully loaded. Kept that one for 18 years.

In your case I would tend to agree in getting something else though. I had accident forgiveness and got all my money back on the car so I moved up in price. If your a car guy, variety is the spice of life. If you do go Charger get the 392 if you can, but I would totoally understand getting out of the performance car market as there is a world of cars out there.

Enjoy...

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
$500.00 registration?!?!?!? D*MN, that's high!!!
Will be more expensive next year too since we got a new tax in place. For us Mustang owners its about $100 more. $200 if a gt350.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Since ive never been involved in a crash in my 16 years of driving....i am not sure what I'm supposed to do. The crash was not my fault and my car is for sure totalled. I had a loan on that car but was in negative equity (I did have GAP) on the car. Ive been in contact with the insurance company and the body shop will assess the damages by monday but I am really hoping that I'm not gonna get lowballed. Will they just pay that car off and that's it? What about my passenger, she was shooken up pretty bad and had some issues? I'm not really sure what to expect and i am hoping i am handling this the right way, I'm pretty much just doing everything the insurance company is telling me.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
What about my passenger, she was shooken up pretty bad and had some issues.

That changes things and I’m hoping nothing serious. So do what you have to do even if it now involves a lawyer. If the girl is future wife possible then buy a proper car this time. Don’t ask me how I know... :wink:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
With the Gap insurance they will put you back to right for sure, passenger may get $10,000 for hospital bills ect.
I have hydro-planed 2 ponies, I still drive a mustang as they are reliable and safe. Chalk it up to lesson learned.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Since ive never been involved in a crash in my 16 years of driving....i am not sure what I'm supposed to do. The crash was not my fault and my car is for sure totalled. I had a loan on that car but was in negative equity (I did have GAP) on the car. Ive been in contact with the insurance company and the body shop will assess the damages by monday but I am really hoping that I'm not gonna get lowballed. Will they just pay that car off and that's it? What about my passenger, she was shooken up pretty bad and had some issues? I'm not really sure what to expect and i am hoping i am handling this the right way, I'm pretty much just doing everything the insurance company is telling me.
Keep doing what the insurance is telling you, especially if the accident was properly documented with the other drive at fault. Make sure to go in for doctors visits and get properly treated (you and your passenger) as you can always get the other person's insurance to pay it, either through your insurance chasing them or getting a lawyer if you want to make sure you're not stuck with anything at all.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
you didnt say, are you in contact with your insurance company or theirs? Big diference. Make sure its YOUR insurance company you are trusting.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
you didnt say, are you in contact with your insurance company or theirs? Big diference. Make sure its YOUR insurance company you are trusting.
Yup my insurance....but the lady has liberty mutual as well.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
So on Black Friday me and a friend were on the freeway, it was raining hard. I was in the middle lane and an old Buick travelling next to me on the fast lane went into my lane but the driver corrected it BUT the correction caused the driver to lose control and hit me on the drivers side door, we spun and ended up colliding head on with the center divide and all the airbags deployed, then we rolled all the way back. There were 2 witnesses and the driver was a very old lady who didnt seem to care that she almost killed 2 people.
I do not think i will be going back to a Mustang only because I kind of want something a little more roomy but still has good power...possibly a dodge charger RT or a ford explorer.

I havent been as active on these forums as I used to be but it was still great being part of the mustang community especially being a part of the s550 community these past 3+ years. Thank you guys and be safe.
Adios, my friend Glad you are in one piece and you settle on a vehicle that serves your purposes.