Goodbye to Ford...2018 Mustang Gt ownership

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
I had a similar experience with Dodge around here. Sold a gorgeous Ram, and bought my Mustang. Love it, and Ill never go back to anything Chrysler.

I think it all depends on your local dealers. All cars will have problems, but its really frustrating when the dealers brush you off, or tell you there is nothing they can do.

So I don't blame ya...
Sponsored

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Let’s be honest guys, Mustangs age like milk. Right now, I have AC compressor failure, possibly evaporator too. One of the keys fobs is not recognized by the proximity sensor for keyless entry for no obvious reason. There’s an on going rattle fest in the interior and I noticed my rear bumper gaps are growing :)) mind you the car has under20k miles. I’ve had Nissan, Mazda, BMW and Mercedes and by far the true build quality of Ford has been the lowest among all of them. The initial perceived quality was good when it was new, but it deteriorates very quickly
Yeah the AC thing is something to look out for, mine (2016) was dying but luckily acted like new when it was inspected on trade in 😂

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Put me down as one. I just got mine back from the dealership. This is the last month of bumper to bumper warranty coverage. I thought I would try to get this fixed. Nope. They replaced the passenger door handle (and painted it very poorly I might add). They replaced the JR3Z 15604 B Kit? Alarm/Keyless Lock and it is still doing it. They had my car for 2 weeks and parked it where birds shit on it for two weeks straight apparently and it's not fixed.

51674901048_1e72758d29_o.jpg
51682486530_8609cbdf98_o.jpg
I would tell the dealership that the paint job and bird poop is not acceptable. Be a constant, respectful thorn in their side. If no response, say something like "I would really hate to get on social media and tell others the poor service I've had, I know you really care about the customer at this dealership, but I'm not being taken care of properly, you need to get it done quickly and professionally" No yelling or cuss words. Just firm, serious talk.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I just did the complete opposite...traded my 16 SCAT Charger for a 21 GT premium PP. First Ford...wanted a 6MT with a V8. Not many options really.

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Ahh brutal! I have the same spec Mustang same year. My transmission shifted clunky when I first bought it. Bought it used at 18000 km. Ford reflashed it and it’s been buttery smooth since. (Now at 50000km)
Sponsored