OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Funny you say that. Was reading the article looked over at my better half. She didn't even look and said no before I opened my mouth. Apparently I have "want to buy a car" face
Hahaha my wife said the same but i went an placed a deposit anyway, she loves the SRT and will forgive me if i traded it for a better one.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
any more updates on this issue today?
Nope I am locked in for early May apparently. I expect a lot of phone calls being made currently. If someone who ordered 2 yrs ago is delivered in April I can't see anyone getting cars in December

Meanwhile I have decided to spend the delay saving and discussing supercharger a with Herrod and mustangmotorsports. I want a somewhat sleeper... No bodywork just a supercharger :) some velgen wheels and corsa pipes

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Nope I am locked in for early May apparently. I expect a lot of phone calls being made currently. If someone who ordered 2 yrs ago is delivered in April I can't see anyone getting cars in December

Meanwhile I have decided to spend the delay saving and discussing supercharger a with Herrod and mustangmotorsports. I want a somewhat sleeper... No bodywork just a supercharger :) some velgen wheels and corsa pipes
Sounds like some great mods, last time I spoke to my dealer they said their were no changes. I hope that call doesn't come though, if it is a widespread thing maybe someone should talk to a news outlet to put more pressure on FoMoCo. It's not something I would usually recommended, but it would have a negative impact on the brand for their new global range of cars.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee

Sorry to say at least for a few years the Mustang will not be a sleeper lol 90% of people wouldnt know how much power a base car has and will just see a Mustang which equals fast :headbang:

Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Got in touch with my dealer today. He advised that at this point in time he is still expecting a December delivery for my car.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Got in touch with my dealer today. He advised that at this point in time he is still expecting a December delivery for my car.
When did you order? This is quite interesting as some dealers have been advised and some haven't. Seems really strange.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
So my dealer just called apologizing profusely and said he received news today my order has been pushed back April, so time you orded seems to mean sweet FA. I am pretty pissed right now, it means by the time my car is delivered it would have been preordered for well over 2 years, might as well cancel and order a 2016 built car seeing as they are an August delivery
Can anyone confirm they ordered before nadojay? Give it is apparently going in order of preorder unless a crap tonne of cars were ordered before you I don't know how anyone is getting a car pre-xmas

Sponsored

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
When did you order? This is quite interesting as some dealers have been advised and some haven't. Seems really strange.
I agree Melbnut. Definitely seems like different information/views across the dealer network. I wonder if detailed allocation information has only gone out to certain dealers?

I ordered and put down a deposit in early October 2014. Also then made sure that there were no special conditions associated with my contract in April. From memory I was the 11th Mustang order the dealer group had taken (dealer has 3 locations).

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
So my dealer just called apologizing profusely and said he received news today my order has been pushed back April, so time you orded seems to mean sweet FA. I am pretty pissed right now, it means by the time my car is delivered it would have been preordered for well over 2 years, might as well cancel and order a 2016 built car seeing as they are an August delivery
Nadojay, did your dealer give you any explanation for why your delivery date has been pushed back? Assuming based on your order date that you were first in line at your dealer?

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
No he just said all their orders have been pushed back and they are expecting all the cars to arrive at the same time. 2 of the orders have now been cancelled and redorded to get 2016 built cars with expected delivery by August

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
This is worrying...

Why is it that certain dealers are saying delivery is pushed back, and some are still saying on track...

Is there a chance that certain dealers DO have a December allocation, but are putting employee/friends/family orders before general customers?
Sponsored