good to see so many preorders

ecoboyboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
White EB auto
I'm 63 and have always wanted a Mustang. This will be a daily drive not a weekend polisher, and 300hp is plenty for road use, so I ordered a white ecoboost auto early march 2014.
My dealer phoned me today and confirmed December delivery. Getting excited.
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I'm 63 and have always wanted a Mustang. This will be a daily drive not a weekend polisher, and 300hp is plenty for road use, so I ordered a white ecoboost auto early march 2014.
My dealer phoned me today and confirmed December delivery. Getting excited.
Wow! Seems completely contrary to all the other info. Good luck! I am resigned to the wait now... Just dissapointed

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ordered Nov 2014. Haven't been contacted by the dealer just yet. When I placed my order they only had 1 other. I could contact them but dont think I am ready for the bad news. I'm hoping I will get an email soon advising the ETA written on the contract of 01/12/2015 remains. If it gets pushed back to June/July 2016 - I could technically wait but it would be hard not to go look at something like the new Ranger coming out or something completely different.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Just spoke with my dealer and he has given me an estimated delivery of February 2016, my car is also likely to come as a 2016 build car. As I was higher up the priority list my order is coming earlier.

The dealer has to make calls to some customers detailing a August/September.

This date may change though obviously.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Just spoke with my dealer and he has given me an estimated delivery of February 2016, my car is also likely to come as a 2016 build car. As I was higher up the priority list my order is coming earlier.

The dealer has to make calls to some customers detailing a August/September.

This date may change though obviously.
Bloody hell i ordered almost a month earlier and mine is may. Ford aus you are terrible!!

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
There are dealers getting allocation for December, in fact I would think that all would, however it will be very limited.

I'd suggest anyone who is questioning their ETA to ask their dealers to check the bulletin that came out last week.

Before anyone asks - no I haven't seen it, but my dealer was able to tell me my eta of February.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
There are dealers getting allocation for December, in fact I would think that all would, however it will be very limited.

I'd suggest anyone who is questioning their ETA to ask their dealers to check the bulletin that came out last week.

Before anyone asks - no I haven't seen it, but my dealer was able to tell me my eta of February.
My dealer has lost my Everest order on the basis of this. Well ford may have lost my suv order as I am so annoyed with how badly they have handled this

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Really disappointing to hear the bad news from so many members about the reported extended delivery delays!

I hope he is correct. But I had a call from my dealer this week to confirm a December 2015 delivery . I ordered quite early, so I am near the top of their list of 30 orders.:headbang:

Later than the original estimate of November, but a lot sooner than some of the outrageous guestimations!!! :(

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Really disappointing to hear the bad news from so many members about the reported extended delivery delays!

I hope he is correct. But I had a call from my dealer this week to confirm a December 2015 delivery . I ordered quite early, so I am near the top of their list of 30 orders.:headbang:

Later than the original estimate of November, but a lot sooner than some of the outrageous guestimations!!! :(
When did you order your Mustang Rob?
I put down a deposit in December and was told today that ETA will be June 2016!!!

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
While there are some people who have been informed of a delay in the delivery -but we don't know the real reason or cause of these delays. why not put some pressure on Ford AU by posting on their FB page. Ask the hard questions and make them respond.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
My dealer said flat rock is only pumping out 200 RHD cars a month as well during our conversation today

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I had a chat with my dealer yesterday, he received some info last week but was too p'd off to inform his buyers as he knows the dealers will take the heat for something which they have no control over.

I'm looking at April to June next year, no biggie for me.

He told me he has suggested to the Ford Australia Mustang rep that Ford Australia should send a personal email to all those who have stumped up the deposit for a Mustang and apologise for the situation.

So far, I haven't heard of anyone cancelling which says a lot about the loyalty of the buyers - Ford should take notice of that goodwill.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in for the long haul, just hoping that my old rattling Jeep can last another year. My god they are expensive to maintain, especially when a major problem arises.

Am seriously considering picking up a Fiesta ST to tide me over until the Mustang arrives. Depreciation/trade in value is the only thing that's stopping me. They look like a whole lot of fun to drive.

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've contacted my dealer so just waiting to hear back. If Dec/Jan - I'll hold tight. If its June/July there is a good chance I won't hold out that long and might go something like the new Ford Ranger/Triton/Everest instead - totally different I know but my lease on current car runs out December so I can handle something/no car for a month or so but buying something for just 6 months. Nope, not today Ford.
Sponsored