Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Just make her drive. See if she can keep the car quiet and drive it like she wants you too. Make sure you sit in the passenger seat and flinch at every shift or car that get's too close to you.

And no. I don't use that mode unless there is rain. And I only do it then because I run M/T drag radials in the rear.

My wife used to hate my car because it was loud and I drove it fast. Now she's just like "huh, you hit 160? Didn't seem that fast", all while reading her book.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
This is what's called a backseat driver.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If my GF tried any of that shit with me, I would kick her to the curb.. she knew what she was getting when she met me.. I made sure of it. :like:

OP
OP

SensesFail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stavy
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a PP1 10R80 AE
Just make her drive. See if she can keep the car quiet and drive it like she wants you too. Make sure you sit in the passenger seat and flinch at every shift or car that get's too close to you.

And no. I don't use that mode unless there is rain. And I only do it then because I run M/T drag radials in the rear.

My wife used to hate my car because it was loud and I drove it fast. Now she's just like "huh, you hit 160? Didn't seem that fast", all while reading her book.
Ironically she RIPS it in the driver seat. This post was 99% for lighthearted fun on the subject. I'd say I drive "normally" with her 4/5 days of the week we're in the same car

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Just make her drive.
This is never gonna happen in any car I own. Only time my wife drove the Merc, she ended up crying.

My car, my way. Or the highway. The only time she can tell me something is if I'm being objectively stupid or taking useless risks.

She must respect you for what you are, as I'm sure you do in her regards for what she cares about.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
This is never gonna happen in any car I own. Only time my wife drove the Merc, she ended up crying.

My car, my way. Or the highway. The only time she can tell me something is if I'm being objectively stupid or taking useless risks.

She must respect you for what you are, as I'm sure you do in her regards for what she cares about.
Agreed, but I do get a kick out of letting my wife drive the car. They both just look so good!

Flip side of that is that my wife is the only person I will let drive my car. She knows what it's capable of and is the only person who won't abuse the 650whp it can produce :). Still trying to get her to take a rip at the drag strip though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SensesFail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stavy
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a PP1 10R80 AE

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
My wife prefers Normal mode, but she can't actually tell the difference between that and Sports+ unless I drive aggressively – which I typically don't do when she's in the car. Every now and then she'll be in the mood to go a little faster, but the car scares her a little most of the time. And mainly because it's new and it cost some money, so she doesn't want anything to happen to it.

She does NOT like Track mode, but only because it's too loud for her. On mine, Track mode doesn't feel that different either unless I drive more aggressively. Just tooling around town at "normal" throttle, you can't really tell much difference between the modes unless you're paying attention.

I've never tried Snow mode, so I have no idea what that feels like. I can't imagine switching to that versus Normal, which is smooth enough even in stop and go traffic that it's a comfortable ride.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I am in my later 40's and my gf is a younger millennial. She cant drive a manual transmission, so i never have to have that conversation about driving that car lol

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Possibly a 'stupid question', but the 'mild-mannered-ness' of the Wet/Snow mode, is everyone referring to automatic transmissions?, or does this pertain to the manual as well (via throttle 'interaction')...thanks.
Sponsored