Girlfriend mode toggle?

SensesFail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stavy
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a PP1 10R80 AE
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
Sponsored

UncleSams_SVT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I will drive in wet/snow mode when I am in heavy traffic or trying to get 300 miles out of a tank of gas; but the wife enjoys sport mode and looks at me funny when we drive it any other way.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My wife loves the sound of my car… it’s loud. She does not like when I will all of a sudden put all the ponies to ground. Now give her a beer or two and then she starts asking "when are we gonna go fast?” Lol. I also had to put in roll bar, fixed back racing seats and 5 point harnesses so she would feel safe riding with me. 🤣

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Dude...just saying that if she's like that now, it will be worse later. I've been married for 24 years and I take it out of track mode and usually put it in sport or normal...unless she has a headache and then quiet. I just replaced the OEM "sub" with a pair of 12s...and that shit has to be way low. In fact, got the comment last night...I didn't miss the bass at all!

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not even when it's raining do I use that nonsense setting. I use sport+ during rain since track mode disables traction control. I like to be at least a little responsible. Can't speak on snow (FL)

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Dump her. If she's like this now, later in life will be worse. There is no other solution.

Don't get it wrong, but either you are a real hooligan driver or she's one of these woman who pass all their life screaming at the husband to make him their little pet.

Dodge this bullet and go on. She doesn't appreciate your real self.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I usually break them in the first day, i pull no punches about anything i like. You either like what im into and come along how i like, or you get to go back into the pond.

There's a different bus every 15 minutes

My current one who's been around, about a year, gets giddy over drifting the car or shifting hard.

To answer the op's question, no... I am intrigued on using it now, after someone mentioning the mpg thing lol

OP
OP

SensesFail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stavy
Vehicle(s)
2019 401a PP1 10R80 AE
I usually break them in the first day, i pull no punches about anything i like. You either like what im into and come along how i like, or you get to go back into the pond.

There's a different bus every 15 minutes

My current one who's been around, about a year, gets giddy over drifting the car or shifting hard.

To answer the op's question, no... I am intrigued on using it now, after someone mentioning the mpg thing lol
The MPG is a definitely a huge noticeable difference, when I'm lazy I stretch a quarter tank for a few extra days in that mode

Sponsored

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I use Wet/Snow mode 90% of the time, primarily because I like the relaxed driving experience, with the ability to open her up whenever I feel like it.

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Does anyone else sometimes drive in the wet/snow mode with their significant other in the car? For some reason at times she can find my car "loud" and "scary" when I'm "driving 120 miles an hour in a school zone." Whatever that means.

When we're in a light driving mood, she sometimes wants the vibe of a Corolla so I turn the active exhaust to quiet and turn on wet/snow mode to cut power and harsh shifting. Only sometimes though depending on her mood. Does anyone else use wet/snow mode the way I do?
Sounds like you need a new girlfriend.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
So what I would recommend if you want to keep the car quiet and still be responsive since I know the wet/snow mode cuts pedal position power is run the car in drag mode as I have found that to be by far the smoothest mode for driving (if none of you believe me try this as I had a harsh shift condition that did not happen in drag mode before I had it resolved) and run the exhaust in quiet mode or normal. This way you have complete control of pedal position/power and control the exhaust to whatever you see fit for her, however, if it's my car I'll have it in what I want and drive how I want and they can drive themselves in theirs if they don't like it :cwl: :rockon:

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
OP I don't want to imagine your life several years from now. If you don't plan on keeping the mustang or not planning on driving fast cars in the future, nothing to worry about.

If you plan on keeping your mustang etc, yeah you need a new GF or you can go buy a Model 3 base model lol. You can stop giving her rides in it which is another option and just get a second car.
Sponsored