Ghost Cam

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone you know of offer a tune with a ghost cam idle for an automatic 2020?
Seems like it could be turned off when the car is in gear but still sound nice and lumpy in park or neutral.
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Seems like it could be turned off when the car is in gear but still sound nice and lumpy in park or neutral.
I’m not sure any tuners offer what you’re describing. I’m also not sure it’s realistically possible to do it how you want. With some *really* creative configuration of the distance tables it might be possible, but I bet you’d have a hard time finding a tuner that wants to invest that much experimentation (that might not work) into a novelty.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've read some people who have it on their manual cars, have greatly reduced gas mileage. I think the company doing ghost cams is called Bama Performance. I don't know if they do them for the 2020.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Any tuner can do a ghost cam tune. Your gas mileage will not be effected while driving. When you are idling you will be using more fuel. Ghost cam tunes can be used on automatic or manual transmission. It will ghost cam idle and as soon as you give it any gas it returns to normal

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
How do you like your ghost cam?

Any tuner can do a ghost cam tune. Your gas mileage will not be effected while driving. When you are idling you will be using more fuel. Ghost cam tunes can be used on automatic or manual transmission. It will ghost cam idle and as soon as you give it any gas it returns to normal

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
How do you like your ghost cam?
The quality of the ghost cam idle depends on the tuner. I had one from bama on a almost stock 2015 and it would die at every stoplight. Same car with a tune from Lund ran a lot better. They make it ghost cam idle by controlling where the cams are at idle. If they have them in the wrong spot they will not work well

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The ghost cam tune is available through Lund Racing. It will only work at idle when the car is at operating temperature. It's also a novelty tune which means they will not chase any issues with drivability on it. When you purchase a Lund Racing tune you'll get the custom tune with the non cammed idle and an additional tune when you request it for the cammed idle. So if you want to flash back to the non cammed idle you can at any point with the device.

We're Lund Racings largest and longest lasting dealer. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

OP
OP
awhitegt86

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
The ghost cam tune is available through Lund Racing. It will only work at idle when the car is at operating temperature. It's also a novelty tune which means they will not chase any issues with drivability on it. When you purchase a Lund Racing tune you'll get the custom tune with the non cammed idle and an additional tune when you request it for the cammed idle. So if you want to flash back to the non cammed idle you can at any point with the device.

We're Lund Racings largest and longest lasting dealer. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.
Thanks for your answer and I will contact LP when I'm ready to purchase.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Mine drives fine. Off idle to almost 2k it has some surge now and then. At low speeds I’m usually a gear lower than on the other tube, like at 20 I’d go to 4th and 25 to 5th, with the ghost cam tune I’m at 20 in 3rd and 25 in 4th. I only really notice it at work because I have a couple of miles to drive on base and the speed limit is 25.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
OIP.Y0Jn7Jizp9o3i3epxnRAlAHaE0?pid=ImgDet&dpr=1.jpg

I ask because I am surrounded by morons in MB and BMW with those furiously annoying burble tunes.
Don't be that ass hat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Cam chop is from the old days before variable timing when a big cam ran like shit below a certain rpm. Looks and sounds cool. Irony being that those old cams were very big tradeoff (meaning you scream up top but it destroys your low end).

Now that we have variable timing, we get the best of both worlds. We get wider overlap at lower rpms which aids low end and then it can close and overlap more to breath better up top and aid higher power.

Forcing the VCT to remain very overlapped is about the same as if someone upgraded to carbon ceramic brakes and said "Can you make my brakes squeal like high performance iron brakes?"

It's like saying "I know the engineers worked very hard to get rid of the tramlining on my giant front wheel setup, but can you please make the front tramline?"

It's like saying "I know these newer pumps run whisper quiet, but can you please make mine scream really loudly at idle so I can sound like the old school guys who's pumps were louder than the radio?"

It's like saying "I know I can fit 1000 hp under the OEM hood, but can you please replace it with a ginormous cowl hood that blocks 50% of my front vision?"

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
@Angrey lol!

I did my own ghost cam tune, drove it about 15 minutes, smiled and said “that was cool” then put t back like it was.
I think any of us who had Lund tuned did the same thing.

My first build was a 99 GT 2V that had "stage 3" N/A cams and loped crazy....it was cool. That car was puny compared to what we have now.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
My old Firebird with a little 236/239 @.050 .600/.611 111 had a nice chop. Not like the boat with a 278/286 @.050, .718/.721 though. Whenever I get to missing a little bit of a lope I throw the GC tune in. Run it for about a week then go back to the regular tune.

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
OrtizPerformance also offers those different novelties. Havent used them and not a fan of those things but they offer them.
Sponsored