Sponsored

Driveability issues with ghost cam??

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
Wondering if anyone is runnig the lund cammed idle tune and what are your thoughts? Is it worth driving around town with it. without stalling all over the place?? Also wondering if its the same tune lund sends u for your mods with the addition of the cammed idle. Will it be the same as the regular flex fuel tune power whise?
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I have had it for a few days now. No issues at all with stalling but......

sometimes it "hunts" for the idle with a singular "chug" while the vacuum jumps all over bouncing from 850-1000. but then it'll suddenly settle down back to normal.

might be from it not having enough time to relearn IAC and stuff, or because I was running a full tank of E85.

it doesn't like being in 6th gear around 1500 RPM or less. You can freely be in 6th at those RPMs or less with the stock tune.

It honestly has cammed car problems that cammed cars actually have. Buuut my GTO with it's cam in it could be in 6th at those RPMs and not buck and surge, it's only at idle where it got weird (like it would have anyway)

It is a performance tune just like the regular flex fuel tune, just has the fun idle added.

You can run it all the time if you like, or just as a novelty.

Beware though with that tune in and a tank of E85 it'll burn through gas at idle like nobody's business, lol.

I don't mind dealing with "cammed car problems" but I have cats installed at the moment, and they all piss and moan about "you're gonna burn out your cats" yet there are tons and tons and tons of cammed cars out there with cats on them.

Take it or leave it. The way I see it, yeah it's dumping some raw fuel w/ the overlap, that's how it'll be. But when you're running a tank of E85, it takes like 33% more fuel to do the same stuff, so that means it's dumping a LOT more raw fuel when E85 is in the tank. That WILL accelerate the death of cats if you do have them around. Also I have no idea if Lund turns off the Cat Over Temp. If it's still present then they should have it to be able to accommodate cats, whether stock, or high-flow.

So while I have cats installed at the moment -- if I were to run the tune again, it'll be with regular E10, not E85.

I previously ran a cam-idle tune on my '13 GT for the majority of it's 40,000 miles I put on it. It was one of Lund's competitors, and well frankly I had issues with driveability. But it's well known that they just copied Lund's work and after a long struggle they totally just stopped offering it because of that.

Also to add to that, it was a milder lope like it was a 114LSA car, and the Lund tune lopes a lot harder, easily like a 112LSA. So they aren't even apples to apples.

OP
OP
Masorcas

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
Thanks bro appreciate the detailed response you answered my question spot on..i cant wait to get my ngauge in the mail and listen to the cammed idle.
I have had it for a few days now. No issues at all with stalling but......

sometimes it "hunts" for the idle with a singular "chug" while the vacuum jumps all over bouncing from 850-1000. but then it'll suddenly settle down back to normal.

might be from it not having enough time to relearn IAC and stuff, or because I was running a full tank of E85.

it doesn't like being in 6th gear around 1500 RPM or less. You can freely be in 6th at those RPMs or less with the stock tune.

It honestly has cammed car problems that cammed cars actually have. Buuut my GTO with it's cam in it could be in 6th at those RPMs and not buck and surge, it's only at idle where it got weird (like it would have anyway)

It is a performance tune just like the regular flex fuel tune, just has the fun idle added.

You can run it all the time if you like, or just as a novelty.

Beware though with that tune in and a tank of E85 it'll burn through gas at idle like nobody's business, lol.

I don't mind dealing with "cammed car problems" but I have cats installed at the moment, and they all piss and moan about "you're gonna burn out your cats" yet there are tons and tons and tons of cammed cars out there with cats on them.

Take it or leave it. The way I see it, yeah it's dumping some raw fuel w/ the overlap, that's how it'll be. But when you're running a tank of E85, it takes like 33% more fuel to do the same stuff, so that means it's dumping a LOT more raw fuel when E85 is in the tank. That WILL accelerate the death of cats if you do have them around. Also I have no idea if Lund turns off the Cat Over Temp. If it's still present then they should have it to be able to accommodate cats, whether stock, or high-flow.

So while I have cats installed at the moment -- if I were to run the tune again, it'll be with regular E10, not E85.

I previously ran a cam-idle tune on my '13 GT for the majority of it's 40,000 miles I put on it. It was one of Lund's competitors, and well frankly I had issues with driveability. But it's well known that they just copied Lund's work and after a long struggle they totally just stopped offering it because of that.

Also to add to that, it was a milder lope like it was a 114LSA car, and the Lund tune lopes a lot harder, easily like a 112LSA. So they aren't even apples to apples.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Only used it on car shows or cars and coffee events. other than that did not enjoy the drivability since its a novelty tune. Wish they made one for FI as well

Cam tune is separate tune from Flex fuel

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]7RN8pY172Ik[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Masorcas

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
That sounds mean as f*ck bro. Does lund turn off the oxygen sensors or is there an option on the ngauge so the check engine light wont go on?
Only used it on car shows or cars and coffee events. other than that did not enjoy the drivability since its a novelty tune. Wish they made one for FI as well

Cam tune is separate tune from Flex fuel

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
As a comparison, here's mine. FRPP/Borla Touring with Corsa Tips.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can drive with it fine, every combo is a little different, it is a novelty tune, but we drove everywhere with ours

OP
OP
Masorcas

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
Wondering if lund turned off the oxygen sensors in the tune or if the ngauge has the option to do it
you can drive with it fine, every combo is a little different, it is a novelty tune, but we drove everywhere with ours
Sponsored