• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
HP is close but its the downlow TQ he is feeling and enjoying in his wifes car that the FI brings. He wouldn't reach that TQ downlow in the V6 without FI.
I would think it's the turbo and not the FI that's giving it the low end torque.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How soon people forget that 300HP was the domain of many of the famous muscle cars of the 70’s, and now that’s good not enough. SMH.
I'm speaking for OP, but I don't think his concern is with the output # per-say - it's the qualitative aspect of the vehicle's response, as it pertains to the transmission shifting and power delivery in the seat of the pants, which I think is the actual concern, comparing the V6 MT-82 to the Eco 10spd auto.

Because if we play the numbers game, 300hp was "a lot" back at a certain point in time, and "felt" a certain way. Now, though, if you factor in many things like power management electronics which dictate how power is delivered at any given point, and added weight in modern vehicles, etc., 300hp or so today definetly won't feel the same as before, assuming you take something like two cars from each era of the same class, in an attempt for a fair comparison.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm speaking for OP, but I don't think his concern is with the output # per-say - it's the qualitative aspect of the vehicle's response, as it pertains to the transmission shifting and power delivery in the seat of the pants, which I think is the actual concern, comparing the V6 MT-82 to the Eco 10spd auto.

Because if we play the numbers game, 300hp was "a lot" back at a certain point in time, and "felt" a certain way. Now, though, if you factor in many things like power management electronics which dictate how power is delivered at any given point, and added weight in modern vehicles, etc., 300hp or so today definetly won't feel the same as before, assuming you take something like two cars from each era of the same class, in an attempt for a fair comparison.
I totally agree, just an interesting side note.

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
After all the trouble I went through to get it, I'm thinking about getting rid of the V6. I love so many things about it, but am getting weary of the 6-speed.

Found this about 50 miles from my house. It's pretty much set up the way I'd want it with the wheels and leather. Just wondering about the wisdom of buying a used car in this market, although the price doesn't seem too far out of line for the mileage and equipment.

https://www.5starford.com/inventory...sed-2018-Ford-Mustang-North-Richland-Hills-TX

Drove my significant other's convertible last night. That thing will run circles around the V6, and the transmission behaves much better than the one I had in my '18 coupe.

I think I may go drive it to see how it behaves.

Signed,
Conflicted
Seems like you have the right reasons to make the switch, you want an auto and something that feels faster but that at the end of the day its not, 27K its a little higher than what i would pay tbh, but in this crazy market its not that bad. If you want something faster a tune and air filter would do the job, if you want a auto then nothing you can do but make the switch.

I have a turbo v6 and to be honest i´ve driven FBO tune EBs and they are not even close to what my car feels as fast, and for what i payed for my whole turbo build its just a downgrade imo.

i payed 3.5k for my whole turbo build, thats with a dyno tune from the guys i got the kit from, i did the install myself with a friend and a video they provide and in 1 day i got the whole thing done.

Im not telling you to turbo your car, but its the faster and cheaper option :wink:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like you have the right reasons to make the switch, you want an auto and something that feels faster but that at the end of the day its not, 27K its a little higher than what i would pay tbh, but in this crazy market its not that bad. If you want something faster a tune and air filter would do the job, if you want a auto then nothing you can do but make the switch.

I have a turbo v6 and to be honest i´ve driven FBO tune EBs and they are not even close to what my car feels as fast, and for what i payed for my whole turbo build its just a downgrade imo.

i payed 3.5k for my whole turbo build, thats with a dyno tune from the guys i got the kit from, i did the install myself with a friend and a video they provide and in 1 day i got the whole thing done.

Im not telling you to turbo your car, but its the faster and cheaper option :wink:
The biggest diff is going to be the 10 speed auto and torque difference. As much as I love, own and prefer a manual, humans simply cannot shift as quickly and consistently within the powerband max as the 10 speed can.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

The biggest diff is going to be the 10 speed auto and torque difference. As much as I love, own a prefer a manual, humans simply cannot shift as quickly and consistently within the powerband max as the 10 speed can.
I'm thinking the performance gap between the V6 and the Eco wouldn't feel as wide if the V6 had that transmission. Jumping out of one car and into the other like I did last night is a real eye opener.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I would really like to see what you did with your V6. Sounds like a really fun car. I miss those pizza and beer buddy days. Good for you.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking the performance gap between the V6 and the Eco wouldn't feel as wide if the V6 had that transmission. Jumping out of one car and into the other like I did last night is a real eye opener.
Right on.

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I would really like to see what you did with your V6. Sounds like a really fun car. I miss those pizza and beer buddy days. Good for you.
Thanks! It is a really fun car, Main things i did, fuel pump, injectors, upgraded clutch, i have a 6466 double bearing turbo, upgraded driveshaft, short throw shifter, i got my car with 3.73 gears already so that was really nice, and one of the best things is that the turbo is rear mounted. :inlove:

i daily drive the car so im in a 500hp map, which is very safe for the car. I dont have the money or time right now but im planning in doing a build engine for next year once im done with my pilot school.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! It is a really fun car, Main things i did, fuel pump, injectors, upgraded clutch, i have a 6466 double bearing turbo, upgraded driveshaft, short throw shifter, i got my car with 3.73 gears already so that was really nice, and one of the best things is that the turbo is rear mounted. :inlove:

i daily drive the car so im in a 500hp map, which is very safe for the car. I dont have the money or time right now but im planning in doing a build engine for next year once im done with my pilot school.
Chris,
You need to post some pictures of that beast. Great idea. 2016 Guard V6 with a turbo. All the rest stock. That would be a great sleeper.

Last edited:

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
We test drove a boost and honestly hated it. It ‘feels’ like a GT, but horrible very loud fake engine racket being piped in that as far as I’ve been able to determine can’t be defeated. And while it feels like a race car, it goes nowhere in a hurry. I get your point IPOGT, but we’ve all gotten used to the higher output of cars these days so 300HP just doesn’t feel like it once did.

My first car was a ‘79 Trans Am, 6.6L Pontiac 400 that at the time felt like it was screaming, but was only 225 horses; I think torque was what made the old muscle cars. GT has both.

GT is only mustang to own for us. Also these days, doesn’t seem like pricing differences between a loaded boost vs. loaded GT is enough to settle.

All of this is subjective though.

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Chris,
You need to post some pictures of that beast. Great idea. 2016 Guard V6 with a turbo. All the rest stock. That would be a great sleeper.
Im going to download some pics from my computer today and post them here! I run the stock v6 wheels on the front sometimes lol, they are powder coated black so they match pretty good with the welds on the back, gives it that old muscle car look, and when im not running welds, i got rtr mesh wheels in gun powder color

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We test drove a boost and honestly hated it. It ‘feels’ like a GT, but horrible very loud fake engine racket being piped in that as far as I’ve been able to determine can’t be defeated. And while it feels like a race car, it goes nowhere in a hurry. I get your point IPOGT, but we’ve all gotten used to the higher output of cars these days so 300HP just doesn’t feel like it once did.

My first car was a ‘79 Trans Am, 6.6L Pontiac 400 that at the time felt like it was screaming, but was only 225 horses; I think torque was what made the old muscle cars. GT has both.

GT is only mustang to own for us. Also these days, doesn’t seem like pricing differences between a loaded boost vs. loaded GT is enough to settle.

All of this is subjective though.
I like my GT too, but to be honest it’s a bit piggish handling wise because of all that front loaded weight of the coyote. It’s a more nimble car in the eboost/V6.
Depends what you’re after I suppose.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
I like my GT too, but to be honest it’s a bit piggish handling wise because of all that front loaded weight of the coyote. It’s a more nimble car in the eboost/V6.
Depends what you’re after I suppose.
Odd you mention the front weight. Our original order did not have the spare, but the one I ended up finding does and it seems to help a bit with the front heaviness although not sure what spare tire, wheel and jack weigh. Also can’t find anything online about weight distribution in GT either with or without spare. Sorry, off topic a bit here…
Sponsored