Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Not knowing your exact rear setup, do you think there’s merit in giving the BMR rear shock mounts a try along with shortened jounce bump stops before switching out your current setup ?
Just a thought.
Your suggestion @GregO is to the top of the list as of this morning. Will these pair right up with my 10mm Steeda proactions or will modification be needed?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Will these pair right up with my 10mm Steeda proactions or will modification be needed?
Not sure.
BMR uses a spherical rod end as an attachment so if one is resourceful I’d think anything is possible.
Check out FK Rod Ends to match up what your working with.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know Bmac and others have done some looking around and posted some solutions for a different piece that would allow the BMR mounts to work with different shocks, but price and availability tend to be the issue.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
wow those bilstiens sure look really good. Good price also.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
The cheapest thing would just be trade a non performance pack car your suspension for his stock suspension.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The cheapest thing would just be trade a non performance pack car your suspension for his stock suspension.
I don't think he wants a floaty, boaty mess either, though I know the '18MY+ is definitely better.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
All,

I really appreciate the help and insight. I'll be buying a set of the FRPP Track shocks (yep, just shocks for now) to see the reaction in my suspension setup.

As I see it, the problem I'm having (unsettling/oscillation when going over long patches of bad/short frequency wavy road surface) can be fixed with the speedy reaction from a monotube damper mated with a near-perfect pairing between shock and spring (880lb/in Steeda Ultralite rear spring with FRPP shocks designed for 914lb/in).

I get that the monotube may be a bit more firm than my current twin tube, but the firmness isn't what is bothering me. We'll see how it works -- my guess is it will be pretty good, especially considering Ford mated twin tube struts with monotube shocks as OEM equipment for the PP (albeit under-dampened in OEM form).

Thanks again,

Mike

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
All,

I really appreciate the help and insight. I'll be buying a set of the FRPP Track shocks (yep, just shocks for now) to see the reaction in my suspension setup.

As I see it, the problem I'm having (unsettling/oscillation when going over long patches of bad/short frequency wavy road surface) can be fixed with the speedy reaction from a monotube damper mated with a near-perfect pairing between shock and spring (880lb/in Steeda Ultralite rear spring with FRPP shocks designed for 914lb/in).

I get that the monotube may be a bit more firm than my current twin tube, but the firmness isn't what is bothering me. We'll see how it works -- my guess is it will be pretty good, especially considering Ford mated twin tube struts with monotube shocks as OEM equipment for the PP (albeit under-dampened in OEM form).

Thanks again,

Mike
I think that'll be a nice change, though probably even better with more rear suspension travel (either from ride height or shock travel).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
...though probably even better with more rear suspension travel (either from ride height or shock travel).
No doubt on this. I'm 50/50 whether I pop for new mounts or not. Considering the FRPP shocks come with new OEM mounts, I'll likely just throw them on and see how they feel and then reassess. Luckily a shock / mount can be swapped in 20 minutes while blindfolded, so not much time lost.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No doubt on this. I'm 50/50 whether I pop for new mounts or not. Considering the FRPP shocks come with new OEM mounts, I'll likely just throw them on and see how they feel and then reassess. Luckily a shock / mount can be swapped in 20 minutes while blindfolded, so not much time lost.
OEM mounts are unfortunately going the wrong direction on bouncy behavior, but I totally understand wanting to just undo 8 bolts and try it. As Greg mentioned, you will definitely need to trim the stops anyway, so you might as well install a different mount.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OEM mounts are unfortunately going the wrong direction on bouncy behavior, but I totally understand wanting to just undo 8 bolts and try it. As Greg mentioned, you will definitely need to trim the stops anyway, so you might as well install a different mount.
Valid point. To add, I suppose for a more apples to apples assessment against what I have now versus what I’m going to, it would only be fair to get new un-flexing mounts.
Sponsored