Sponsored

Getting a Lund tune

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
So I want to get a Lund tune but I’m Catless will they still tune for it. I know they can’t turn off the check engine light and I don’t want the too I’m just wondering if they’ll even give me a tune with Catless headers on
Sponsored

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
they will. But just like you said they won’t do anything about the light

OP
OP
thecloneranger

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok good I can take care of the light my self thanks for your help gonna order a tune this weekend

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Did you tell LUND your catless ?

Sponsored

RicardoC50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I first got my e85r tune when I was stock than added catless headers and they told me no tune revision was needed which kind of sucks anyone else have this happen to them? After getting gapped by a mustang with the same exact mods but tuned by a local tuner I’m feeling theirs some power left out by the Lund tune.

OP
OP
thecloneranger

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I first got my e85r tune when I was stock than added catless headers and they told me no tune revision was needed which kind of sucks anyone else have this happen to them? After getting gapped by a mustang with the same exact mods but tuned by a local tuner I’m feeling theirs some power left out by the Lund tune.
ive been seeing stuff like this too which makes me want to go with my local tuner but he wants me to get a rtd plus i just bought a unlocked ngauge for lund

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
You shouldn't have a check engine light. Tuners won't force your emissions devices to be ready (what the emissions place checks for).

So you will not pass emissions and your tuner will not force your car to pass emissions. The car should not have a check engine light though.

Once you install the cats again your tuner can make tunes to help get the emissions devices ready but they won't actively try to bypass them.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'm confused. Lund tuned my car, which has catless headers, and I do not have any check engine light..
Just because your catless it won't necessarily trigger a cel. Some people have issues and some don't. If your tune was in 2020 maybe they turned your rear o2s off or maybe your lucky. I know they won't turn them off now. Not sure when thst started.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Just because your catless it won't necessarily trigger a cel. Some people have issues and some don't. If your tune was in 2020 maybe they turned your rear o2s off or maybe your lucky. I know they won't turn them off now. Not sure when thst started.
No, catless will throw a P0420/P0430. If it doesn't throw codes, The error was turned off in the tune. Period.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
No, catless will throw a P0420/P0430. If it doesn't throw codes, The error was turned off in the tune. Period.
I'm not saying it shouldn't cause those codes but I've seen multiple instances where it doesn't. Without using defoyulers or anything.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Wild is this true even if you use the rear o2 90* adapters? My understanding is the adapters help by changing the rate at which the exhaust gas reaches the rears sensors. Ensuring that the sensor doesn’t see it to early like when it was catted
Sponsored