Sponsored

Lund tune

Phantom2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got my tune from lethal performance. Got a question for you that have a tune from Lund. I don't know if it's me never noticing or if the tune changed the cooling fans kick on all the time.

Side note. I got a email saying that Lund will be rasing the price for his tune by 50 bucks soon. Glad I got it before that happen.
Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Yep, that is from the tune. Get a 170 thermostat from lethal performance and the fans will turn on less frequently due to the Tstat opening sooner. Engine runs about 10-12* cooler. I haven't had a problem with it. Head temps stay at 195* and coolant temps stay around 185-190* under normal driving. Trans temp still stays around 200*. The only thing I didn't like about doing the Tstat swap was removing the bottom belly pan do drain about a gallon of coolant prior to disconnecting the hose. Way too many screws/push pins.

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
^
What he said.

OP
OP
Phantom2015

Phantom2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sweet thanks for the info. Figured it was per the tune. Ya gonna order the thermostat and get that changed out. Lot of push pins lol

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
Yeah, I'm waiting for Black Friday deals to get mine.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i have a feeling black friday is going to be $50 off to bring it down to the price it's at now since lund is about to do a $50 price hike... I'm hoping for a big painted CO jlt intake + ngauge sale.

OP
OP
Phantom2015

Phantom2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Haha I told myself I would wait for wheels/tire and tune....couldn't wait no more. I got ngauge and wheels this week lol

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
regular tunes will not be going up, only remote tuning will be going from $450-$525

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I asked when I first got my tune and Lund sent me a revised tune to put the fans back to stock. I don't race this car so didn't see the need. It was annoying me to pull in my garage and have the fans blaring. If I was racing, I'd definitely see the benefit though!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I asked when I first got my tune and Lund sent me a revised tune to put the fans back to stock. I don't race this car so didn't see the need. It was annoying me to pull in my garage and have the fans blaring. If I was racing, I'd definitely see the benefit though!
How are your Temps?

I really don't want to mess with a tstat

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
How are your Temps?

I really don't want to mess with a tstat

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Never had any issues. I don't think the tune really does anything that makes it run hotter for daily driving. Again, if you do some occasional racing, I'm sure you'd benefit with the T-stat upgrade and fans mod that Lund does standard.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
actually the cooler stat benefits normal / daily type, vs drag racing.

at the drag strip, your only on a 10-12 second blast, the cooler stat isn't going to make much of a difference, especially since most people cool down before they run

the bigger benefit will be the longer drives, the two together help keep the car running cooler all the time. much more benefit for driving.

for example. last night at the track, cylinder head temps were climbing to as much as 230 during the run. very hot due to lots of boost,

however, with the 160 tstat in the car, driving the hour and 20 minutes each way to the track, the car ran anywhere from 10-15 degrees cooler for that extended time period

OP
OP
Phantom2015

Phantom2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
actually the cooler stat benefits normal / daily type, vs drag racing.

at the drag strip, your only on a 10-12 second blast, the cooler stat isn't going to make much of a difference, especially since most people cool down before they run

the bigger benefit will be the longer drives, the two together help keep the car running cooler all the time. much more benefit for driving.

for example. last night at the track, cylinder head temps were climbing to as much as 230 during the run. very hot due to lots of boost,

however, with the 160 tstat in the car, driving the hour and 20 minutes each way to the track, the car ran anywhere from 10-15 degrees cooler for that extended time period
Is there any negative side to getting the thermostat