Sponsored

Getting A Little Nervous Driving This Thing

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I got a 50k agreed value on my car with Grundy Insurance. Cheap money. Under 600 bucks a year.
I think I'm going to up it a bit to 60k agreed value in January.
My daily driver has more than the required amount of insurance on it. Too many idiots out there.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You just need a beater. I drive an old acura to and from Frederick and Rockville every day. It also makes driving the mustang more fun and enjoyable because youā€™re not always in it. I typically drive it on super nice days and sometimes Saturdays because 270 is vacant. Saves fuel costs, wear and tear on the mustang, and youā€™re theoretically cutting down on your chances of being in an accident. Iā€™ve had my mustang for a year and 3 months (Iā€™ve had the integra as a beater the whole time) and Iā€™ve put 10,500 miles on the mustang in that time. So having a beater doesnā€™t make your car some garage queen like people think it does. Most of those 10k miles are hard driving back roads for hours on the weekends :like:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I have lived in every part of the DMV. DC (for school), Falls Church, Suitland and now Hanover. Every time I drive to DC I just think about there would no way I could own the car and live in the city. Fortunately when I was living in Falls Church I took the metro/MARC to work(BWI) so that cut down on me driving my car around 50 miles a week. I ended up buying a 4Runner as my DD because there is now way I could take the car out of fear of other drivers and vandalism. Having a DD makes that commute easier on my conscience lol.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I keep telling myself it's why I got a GT instead of a Shelby or Bullitt. Doesn't help, I park well away from everyone at work and take the wife's car when we go out on the weekends. Granted there are other reasons she doesn't get much seat time in my car...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Simple solution... move. Who the hell would want to live anywhere near D.C? If a terrorist attack happens, you or NYC is the probable place. Couple that with too much traffic and crazy people everywhere. Nah, I'll pass.

Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Being a driver of a 17 GTPP with great brakes and a 02 f150 4x4 having not so great brakes with long stopping distances, I have to constantly remind myself, in the GTPP, not to brake hard when coming to a light, a stop sign or whatever if there are vehicles behind me. Most of their reaction times and poor to average brake systems don't give them good stopping distance.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Being a driver of a 17 GTPP with great brakes and a 02 f150 4x4 having not so great brakes with long stopping distances, I have to constantly remind myself, in the GTPP, not to brake hard when coming to a light, a stop sign or whatever if there are vehicles behind me. Most of their reaction times and poor to average brake systems don't give them good stopping distance.
Exactly why I give even more space in front of me when someone tailgates me.

JonDW29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
As someone who's lived 37 of my 41 years in NoVA, I feel your pain. Mine isn't my daily driver and I quite honestly rarely drive into DC anymore. I used to and had an older Explorer that I'd drive in as my truck at the time never fit in any of the garages. Otherwise all you can do is try to keep an eye on the geniuses driving around here. Between the traffic and the cell phones it's gotten pretty bad.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Hate driving in DC. When I worked down there I took the metro since the office was right above a station. Bought the s550 after job moved to Woodlawn near Balto. Took ICC to 29 both ways; much safer and enjoyable

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's all good. I've scratched up the Count Chocula splitter a bit, so I'm past worrying.....for the most part.
Sponsored