Getting A Little Nervous Driving This Thing

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I don't know WTF is going on with me, emotions are not normally a thing for me.

But this car is so nice, I'm starting to be concerned about driving it. The damn drivers in D.C. are so terrible, I'm worried about being rear-ended by one.

I even just called my insurance agent and upped my coverage on the damn car.
Bro do your self a favor and go hit a curb... Or take it to a track day and get it off track...

Fix the wheel and the control arms if it's damaged and you're good to go.

These cars are built for driving, not garages and parking lots. You cant control what others do only what u do. If driving your car is becoming stressful to the point of fear then you arent using the car as it was intended...

Fear behind the wheel of these cars is deadly...

A nice little tap or an off road excursion will help get rid of the anxiety...

Worrying is like a rocking chair gives u something to do but gets you nowhere...
Sponsored

Last edited:

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
Gonna give yourself an ulcer. Just enjoy your car, and drive defensively. All you can do.
I know right. Something about this reminds me of a friend of mine who leaves all the plastic on any new electronics so he can keep it protected.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
This reminds me of a funny story. A BMW owner flew to Germany paid the 15k extra to do the factory delivery option BMW offers took his wife and young daughter with him.

He watched his car go down the assembly line, get the final checks done, then they rolled it out. The sales rep was demonstrating the feature where u can open the trunk by putting ur foot under the bumper. His daughter was so impressed by that feature that she walked up to the car and kicked the bumper as hard as she could...

His heart pretty much fell out his body, his wife and the sales guy burst out laughing uncontrollably. The only ones not laughing was him and his confused daughter. He decided not to ruin the trip, and her kicking the car got rid of all the anxiety he had about it...

Its just a car, and cars are meant for driving. If they get damaged you can change parts... Its not a faberge egg...

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
this stat probably won't make you any less nervous:

"According to figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), out of the 6 million car accidents that happen on U.S. roads every year, over 40% of them (2.5 million) are rear-end collisions

The upside is that the Mustang is rated Good by IIHS for rear end collision. A lot of older cars are not. Although if it gets hit, and requires a lot of metal work, who knows. But you will still get fresh paint and a newly minted Carfax, which you can print and frame.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I was rear ended lightly. now its all i think about. whens the next one coming? :(

Me 2. Every stop light I'm waiting for someone to slam into while they're texting. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have a nice car. To much worrying. If I lived in a busy place like DC I'd have a beater for sure. Thankfully I have a beater Truck that I like and it has nice steel bumpers that If I got rear ended, It wouldn't do much damage with todays plastic cars that fall apart easy ...lol

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
this stat probably won't make you any less nervous:

"According to figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), out of the 6 million car accidents that happen on U.S. roads every year, over 40% of them (2.5 million) are rear-end collisions

The upside is that the Mustang is rated Good by IIHS for rear end collision. A lot of older cars are not. Although if it gets hit, and requires a lot of metal work, who knows. But you will still get fresh paint and a newly minted Carfax, which you can print and frame.
So that mathematical we should state 40% of accidens are front end collisions, so...
That means you should be also worried about running into the rear of another car.
Adding in probably another 10% for Tboning, well looks like you need to pay more attention to what is in front of you.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Me 2. Every stop light I'm waiting for someone to slam into while they're texting. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have a nice car. To much worrying. If I lived in a busy place like DC I'd have a beater for sure. Thankfully I have a beater Truck that I like and it has nice steel bumpers that If I got rear ended, It wouldn't do much damage with todays plastic cars that fall apart easy ...lol
Bro dont ever let other peoples stupidity dictate how u choose to live your life...

Its a car. If it gets rear ended it can be fixed. Ford designed these cars really well so it's very very easy to repair them, the entire rear end is made of sheet metal thats stitch welded on. If u get hit, all u have to do is drill out the spot welds, pull off the panels, order the replacement parts from ford then have them welded back in place and apply 3m seam fill

Stupid easy repair.

Watch these videos and sleep easy... You made a smart choice buying a mustang...

Go to 1:30 to skip the cheesy intro in the first video. The body guy explains stuff well

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Bro dont ever let other peoples stupidity dictate how u choose to live your life...

Its a car. If it gets rear ended it can be fixed. Ford designed these cars really well so it's very very easy to repair them, the entire rear end is made of sheet metal thats stitch welded on. If u get hit, all u have to do is drill out the spot welds, pull off the panels, order the replacement parts from ford then have them welded back in place and apply 3m seam fill

Stupid easy repair.

Watch these videos and sleep easy... You made a smart choice buying a mustang...

Go to 1:30 to skip the cheesy intro in the first video. The body guy explains stuff well

Lol ... cool videos.

So it’s repairable and it cost you money and when you try to sell the car some day nobody wants it because the Car Fax says it was rear ended.

I’m having that problem now for a Honda Civic I bought 2 years ago for my daughter. She moved to NYC and don’t need a car anymore. I bought it not knowing it was in a accident. Everybody asks me the VIN and they see it was in a accident and they pass.

I don’t let other peoples stupidity ruin my life but it still sucks to be rear ended. It’s never a good thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Lol ... cool videos.

So it’s repairable and it cost you money and when you try to sell the car some day nobody wants it because the Car Fax says it was rear ended.

I’m having that problem now for a Honda Civic I bought 2 years ago for my daughter. She moved to NYC and don’t need a car anymore. I bought it not knowing it was in a accident. Everybody asks me the VIN and they see it was in a accident and they pass.

I don’t let other peoples stupidity ruin my life but it still sucks to be rear ended. It’s never a good thing.
Why would you ever want to sell your car?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The drivers down here in Myrtle Beach are pretty bad as well. In season, which thank G-D just ended, we have the tourists who are totally clueless. Many of the locals are just as bad. Never use a signal, turn into your lane without looking, etc. So what do I do? I go out and drive my car, carefully. Why should I not enjoy what I've waited all my adult life for? I'm not letting other people or situations dictate my happiness. If/when my car gets hit, I'll deal with it then. I'm not worrying about it now. Neither should you. Just get out, drive, and enjoy it.

Or move :cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup:
I have two ways to go to my parents house on the coast of NC. One way, the longest, is along I-40 in NC and the Short way is through South Carolina. I go the Long way because them drivers in SC are nuts. No signals not even looking. Half the cars held together with duct tape. I feel for you. :cwl:

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I had a girl ram my car in Texas because i was waiting too long at an intersection...

She pulled over gave me her name and a phone number then drove off..

I called the cops, cop came said in Texas all she's legally obligated to do is give me her name and number... She was driving without insurance and a suspended license so... they werent gonna do anything...

That's life. Shit happens fix it and move on.all u can do. We live in a world of entitled dickheads in a rush to go nowhere...

Last edited:

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
For me, adding clear bra takes most of the daily worry of scratches/chips away. Dustless brake pads and ceramic coated wheels keeps it pretty clean, reducing washes to once per tank of gas or less. Not lowering takes away fear of bottoming. Lexol products and tray-style floor mats keep the interior like new. Cheap extended warranty from Flood Ford and I can ignore any tick concerns.

Whats left is just drive and enjoy (with insurance for anything major).

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yep, all I can do.

My work drive into D.C. is 5 days a week, so that's my exposure. But I do get to wash my car at work, so there's that. I'm getting PPF and looking into a Quartz sealant for the wheels.

Sometimes my Mother, who lives on the other side of D.C. from my work, invites me over for dinner. That's a hard pass. We can met in Virginia for breakfast once a week. No way in hell I'm driving all the way across D.C. in that traffic.
Make sure you get a set of Rokblokz stone guards on the car. Highly recommended for avoiding self inflicted stone chips by those pebble slinging tires. Between those and a full frontal PPF treatment, you'll be well protected.
Sponsored