Garage Floor Surfaces

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Will those tiles prevent moister penetration down to the cement floor? Wondering about drainage, too.
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I have heard that the epoxy coatings have issues with melting away from hot tires, and not holding up well against some of the harsh chemicals used in a shop environment..they're mostly just for 'show' garages. Anyone have any experience with that?
I had that issue with my last home. however, it wasn't too bad.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had an epoxy floor professionally installed about 10 years ago. It was pricey, but has held up really well. It has beads in it, so the surface is fairly rough and not at all slippery. I've never had anything damage it and it cleans up easily with just water.

If you have a snow blower you've seen the rusty stains they leave on the floor - they just clean up with water and paper towels. I empty the garage, hose it down, scrub any areas where stuff is stuck with a push broom and squeegee it and it's as good as new.

I'm a construction project manager for a County government and have built several fire stations. We did an epoxy floor in a station and it held up really well until they brought in a 70,000 pound truck with chains and didn't put the pads down. :rant: The area was patched and has held up since. Now we are doing polished concrete.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Here's mine, my wife and I designed it and installed it - it's Race Deck "coin" tiles:

The Cobra side of garage:

The Cobra at rest:

My EB sits on the other side of the Cobra.

I don't have any better pics at moment of entire floor - bad weather up this way this time of year. We did black outer tiles for border, then a darker gray border, then black again and then "checker boarded" it by making large checks for final center section.

It was easy to install - the only time consuming part was cutting tiles on one side for proper fitment (and NO house or garage ever has perfectly squared off walls or floors...).

The tiles clean up with ease too - I've spilled fluids on them when doing 2 brake jobs on our other vehicles - sprayed brake cleaner on them - etc - no staining, just use Simple Green and an old mop to clean up (or use Shop Vac). Currently my snow blower is parked on them and it leaves a rusty mark from the blade area - that wiped right up off the tiles too!
This looks awesome!! I really think this is the way I want to go with my garage floor.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your flooring? I am guessing $2000?

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
That Race Deck seems like an awesome product. However, that price tag is pretty steep. Did any of you haggle with them or is the price pretty much the price?

I asked about military and they do free shipping as mil discount.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This looks awesome!! I really think this is the way I want to go with my garage floor.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for your flooring? I am guessing $2000?
$2k - nope.

Just a little over $1k - no BS.

We have a 2 car attached garage w/14ft ceiling - the floor print measured 20' wide and 21' deep. It was 420 tiles all together, plus another 20 edges for the entrance onto floor.

They are 12"x12" tiles and you can design the floor on the website - you put in your measurements of garage, then design floor and it calculates exact tiles needed.

We bought from the web site I am including below and also used the 25% off deal at the time (last May), so that's how we saved a good amount of cash. Based on our extensive research before buying and reading TONS of Customer reviews on the retailers site (and looking at customer supplied pictures), the quality was high, customers were extremely satisfied and the tiles looked exactly like all designs Race Deck offered...

When the boxes were delivered, they all had the Race Deck, Snaplock Industries and Duragrid logos and the actual address of Race Deck, even though the online site does not state the manufacturer of the tiles. I believe the website is a distributor of Race Deck and is able to keep costs low due to extremely high volume sales.

Here ya go, go design & price!!:
http://www.garageflooringinc.com

Customer service was awesome too!! We even ordered their free samples prior to purchasing just to see quality and colors we chose - I'd recommend the retailer (and tiles) to anyone on here looking to do a nice floor.

Just another FYI - we received local quotes to do epoxy and the costs exceeded $2500+ from multiple businesses. After reading how many people are satisfied with Race Deck tiles on the above site AND on here www.garagejournal.com - we made the decision to do the same... And I'd do it all over again too...

Regarding spills, etc - The tiles do not sit flush onto cement garage floor, meaning if fluids spill and seep below, there is passages for air - so no worries. ** Let me clarify, the tiles when installed DO sit flat - but they are designed with channels/ridges underneath to allow passage of air and its part of the tile support structure. ** You can also easily lift the tiles to clean up a major spill and/or replace tiles if wanting to change design, etc.

We have received lots of compliments from the neighbors, family and friends. Super easy to clean, maintain, it looks great and you can really "take it up and move it" if ever deciding to relocate. :D

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
$2k - nope.

We have a 2 car attached garage w/14ft ceiling - the floor print measured 20' wide and 21' deep. It was 420 tiles all together, plus another 20 edges for the entrance onto floor.

They are 12"x12" tiles and you can design the floor on the website - you put in your measurements of garage, then design floor and it calculates exact tiles needed.

We bought from the web site I am including below and also used the 25% off deal at the time (last May), so that's how we saved a good amount of cash. Based on our extensive research before buying and reading TONS of Customer reviews on the retailers site (and looking at customer supplied pictures), the quality was high, customers were extremely satisfied and the tiles looked exactly like all designs Race Deck offered...

When the boxes were delivered, they all had the Race Deck, Snaplock Industries and Duragrid logos and the actual address of Race Deck, even though the online site does not state the manufacturer of the tiles. I believe the website is a distributor of Race Deck and is able to keep costs low due to extremely high volume sales.

Customer service was awesome too!! We even ordered their free samples prior to purchasing just to see quality and colors we chose - I'd recommend the retailer (and tiles) to anyone on here looking to do a nice floor.

Just another FYI - we received local quotes to do epoxy and the costs exceeded $2500+ from multiple businesses. After reading how many people are satisfied with Race Deck tiles on the above site AND on here www.garagejournal.com - we made the decision to do the same... And I'd do it all over again too...

Regarding spills, etc - The tiles do not sit flush onto cement garage floor, meaning it fluids spill and seep below, there is passages for air - so no worries. ** Let me clarify, the tiles when installed DO sit flat - but they are designed with channels/ridges underneath to allow passage of air and its part of the tile support structure. ** You can also easily lift the tiles to clean up a major spill and/or replace tiles if wanting to change design, etc.

We have received lots of compliments from the neighbors, family and friends. Super easy to clean, maintain, it looks great and you can really "take it up and move it" if ever deciding to relocate. :D
THANK YOU for this detailed reply!! You freaking rock:D:first:

I for sure want to go this route and not do the epoxy stuff.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
$2k - nope.

Regarding spills, etc - The tiles do not sit flush onto cement garage floor, meaning it fluids spill and seep below, there is passages for air - so no worries. ** Let me clarify, the tiles when installed DO sit flat - but they are designed with channels/ridges underneath to allow passage of air and its part of the tile support structure. ** You can also easily lift the tiles to clean up a major spill and/or replace tiles if wanting to change design, etc.

NICE! This makes the product MUCH more feasible. Thanks for this! :headbang:

I also just ordered 3 sample colors (white, black and red) in these tiles.

https://www.garageflooringinc.com/tiles/diamond-grid-loc-tiles.html
Same here. Ordered 4 sample tiles for a total of 50 cents, can't beat it lol. Did you get the "Save 28% if you buy a week after receiving your samples" code?

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Ordered 4 sample tiles for a total of 50 cents, can't beat it lol. Did you get the "Save 28% if you buy a week after receiving your samples" code?
I actually did not get that code. Weird as I opted in for the emails.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
I actually did not get that code. Weird as I opted in for the emails.
Seems just like a generic code "save28". Plug it in and see if it works for you.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I got the save28 code too. Thanks for all of the post! I was going to do a custom epoxy floor but the tile is cheaper and easier. One of the colors that I am going to get is shelby blue

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues with using jack stands on these tiles?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Any issues with using jack stands on these tiles?
It says not to use jacks but curious about jack stands myself. I am about to pull the trigger on these tiles in the next couple of weeks:thumbsup:
Sponsored