Sponsored

FYI Battery replacement

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I learn something new every day. Thanks.

I'm just saying you can turn on the radio without pushing the start button. Just push the Audio On button. Doesn't fire up as much of the electronics. It times out after about 10 or 20 minutes.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
You can turn on the radio and listen without pushing the Start button.

I'll file that thanks, assume the display is lit? Then wonder what else goes on in the background. It is still not the old AM/FM, radio, being more battery friendly. Even the modern AM/FM with a USB port is more efficient.

Kills this one and not being the hungry bear found in the Mustang. These cars a bloated with quite a bit of useless crap. I never use it personally, going for a dive. Set the track mode, as the car is warming up some, reach over swipe the display, and turn it off.

Everything I need to drive is seen in the cluster. GA being one huge PIA to get around and find an address, siri helps with that. If this frigging town/state had a grid, would not need her.

shawn.m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convert, 7.5 Dodge Ram
My stock battery failed and the negative post actually cracked away from case. Welding the negative post to the battery connector. Traveller 500cca battery and she fired up

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Next time, check out AC Delco, currently changing one in the wife's car. Not that it is having a problem but it's 10 years old. Gone are the days for me anyway, that one runs a battery until it craps out.

The battery starts going away, which increases the stress on the charging system, not a good thing.

1st choice
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/acdelco/acdelco-battery/acd0/96rg

Notice the warranties

2nd
https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-96r-1/2020-ford-mustang-v850l

Traveller 500cca battery ..... what a deal 24 months

Delco same price 42m 700 cca
Sponsored