Sponsored

FRPP Handling Package installed and impressions

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I am considering wrapping this package into my upcoming special ordered GT/PP. I can get a killer deal being an employee.

In hindsight, if you had to do it all over again, would you do just springs and swaybars and square tire setup and get similar results? Seems like it'd be more cost effective.
Disclaimer - speaking more as an enthusiast/engineering background fellow and not from experience on this specific kit.

I would not change out the springs while keeper the stock dampers. The springs and dampers should always be paired to work together, or the bounce will get worse etc. This kit is the only one out there right now for the S550 GT (other than some early takes on Coil Overs) which is matched.
Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
I am considering wrapping this package into my upcoming special ordered GT/PP. I can get a killer deal being an employee.

In hindsight, if you had to do it all over again, would you do just springs and swaybars and square tire setup and get similar results? Seems like it'd be more cost effective.
That's what I did and I have no regrets on the kit.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Are the sway bars in this kit tubular (hollow) or solid and what size are they please?

Anyone know this and what size are the bars?

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
Here you go. Mine was delivered on Friday. Haven't installed it yet. The bar does sound hollow when I hit it a couple of times with a flat head.

Rear 25.74mm

Front 37.84

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Cheers buddy! :)

Stock I know is around 32mm and 22mm so a nice upgrade there.

Did you buy the complete kit? I am thinking this is the best move and if at a later date I want more adjustability or if the FRPP bars are solid I could always change them for the BMR ones, but I do like how the FRPP is one matched package.

Look forward to hearing your feedback on the package and the improvements over stock PP setup. :)

Sponsored

Stei3403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
So my car already has Eibach lowering springs. Would this kit work well with those springs or is it absolutely necessary to use the Ford springs? I am considering just purchasing the Strut/Shock kit instead of the whole FRPP, and saving myself ~650 bucks. This, however, would lose me the upgraded sway bars that come in the kit, but I would still have the upgraded shocks and struts (and eibach springs). How much of a difference should I expect?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
So my car already has Eibach lowering springs. Would this kit work well with those springs or is it absolutely necessary to use the Ford springs? I am considering just purchasing the Strut/Shock kit instead of the whole FRPP, and saving myself ~650 bucks. This, however, would lose me the upgraded sway bars that come in the kit, but I would still have the upgraded shocks and struts (and eibach springs). How much of a difference should I expect?
Buy and install the whole, balanced, engineered-to-be-a-kit package, and sell the Eibachs.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
As this kit is for the GT, purchasing it wouldn't make much since as the springs are for the GT as well as the shocks. Having a base Eco I could only benefit from the front and rear sway bars correct?

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Does this kit do anything to reduce or eliminate wheel hop, or do you need other parts for that.

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Buy and install the whole, balanced, engineered-to-be-a-kit package, and sell the Eibachs.
I think this is what I am doing - will likely keep my steed sways though - just install the matched struts, shocks and springs.

Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
This is somewhat true, but there are exceptions. People have been raving about Steeda Ultralite Linears + FRPP dampers.

As this kit is for the GT, purchasing it wouldn't make much since as the springs are for the GT as well as the shocks. Having a base Eco I could only benefit from the front and rear sway bars correct?
Owning an ecoboost mustang, its sort of hard to not mix and match parts. This is my list of priorities when choosing suspension parts:

1. Spring rates should be paired for your car. Do not buy the complete FRPP kit and put the GT springs on your Ecoboost. The spring rates and overall ride height will be off.

2. Damping should be paired for your spring. The stock PP or nonPP dampers will not do you much good when paired with a stiffer aftermarket spring. In this case, it is better to go with an aftermarket damper (such as a FRPP damper), even if you aren't using the FRPP springs.

3. A swaybar is a swaybar. They are all adjustable anyways so they all will provide a range of torsional flex on the bar. There is a reason nobody sells ecoboost sways vs GT sways vs V6 sways. Any of them should be fair game. Its just a matter of quality of the bar or quality of mounting points you have to decide on.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The kit would still fit on the ecoboost, as far as the spring rates/damper rates go, They would feel a tad stiffer than what they would feel like in the GT. The main difference in the ecoboost is that your car is lighter by X amount of weight. It was designed for a car that weighs X+Y weight. So if you are using the set that was designed for the heavier car, it'll still be proportionately engineering, but it'll just be a more aggressive kit (in theory).

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Who has the best deal on the FRPP strut/shocks? If I recall correctly, somebody was selling the kit for $500 on black friday.
Autonation Ford, White Bear Lake.
Sponsored