Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Sorry, but how will this not fit v6 fastback models? or even ecoboost. I get that there may be weight differences, but not that substantial that it would make that huge of a difference....

70sstrat08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Sorry, but how will this not fit v6 fastback models? or even ecoboost. I get that there may be weight differences, but not that substantial that it would make that huge of a difference....
So in that Edmunds article it says it fits ecoboost models too if I remember correctly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
My goal was to build planted light mustang with the right amount of power. Im trying to do it with the v6 but every site has parts that they say wont fit or are not applicable.. i don't see how a suspension upgrade wouldn't be the same across the board (excluding convertibles obviously.) They said the FFPP strut k brace with shock brace wouldnt fit. It fits.. so i assume this would make my boaty V6 handle like shes on rails with this suspension upgrade.
Again when going aftermarket coilovers, they are never engine specific. so why bs here?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
The kit is for GT coupe only. The spring rates are incorrect even for a GT convertible let alone a V6 or an Ecoboost.

Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
No it isn't. I called Ford Performance and they confirmed it fit the Ecoboost.
Someone else posted that, while the parts will fit an Ecoboost or GT convertible, the spring and damper rates are tuned for GT fastbacks only. This was apparently per a conversation this particular person had with a Ford Racing representative. Of course, I can't find that particular post anywhere at the moment...

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Again, even if the spring rates would be stiff to compensate the torque squat, still doesn't make sense why it wouldn't fit v6. I may just bite the bullet and get it anyways just very frustrated with information...

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Makes sense why the convertibles would be excluded because of the different balance of the chassis. But all the fastbacks should be identical.

Sponsored

BrimstoneBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 GT PP
So what's the weight difference from the GT to the V6 and the EB?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Again, even if the spring rates would be stiff to compensate the torque squat, still doesn't make sense why it wouldn't fit v6. I may just bite the bullet and get it anyways just very frustrated with information...
You would knowingly throw springs with incorrect rates on your car?
The springs/dampers are obviously setup for the GT weights at the corners. I would think it would not do too well in a car they were not designed for... whether they "bolt" up or not.

BigGuy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium
I called them as well. - it will fit physically but the spring rates will be incorrect. I spoke to:
Mike Goodwin
[email protected]

who did you speak to?
I don't know. I called the number on the Ford racing web site and spoke to someone who told me that initially they were making the kit as GT only but after confirming the fitment are now saying it will fit the ecoboost as well.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Are the sway bars in this kit tubular (hollow) or solid and what size are they please?

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I am considering wrapping this package into my upcoming special ordered GT/PP. I can get a killer deal being an employee.

In hindsight, if you had to do it all over again, would you do just springs and swaybars and square tire setup and get similar results? Seems like it'd be more cost effective.
Sponsored