Front Splitter

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Has anyone taken the upper splitter off that comes on the car from the factory? Not the track splitter. I wanted to know how it comes off as my ppf installer was trying to figure it out. There looks like there are some offsets on the left and right side corners that are screwed from the inside. Thanks!

I cannot find a breakout diagram anywhere.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Update:

I found out through trial and error that the upper splitter removal is no easy task as there are a ton of screws,push-pins and clips to remove so I wanted to pass this along before any of you decide to take on the task. My PPF installer with my help went above and beyond making sure the corners were wrapped nicely. This was a royal PITA but was well worth it.

The p/n MR3Z-17D957-AA that ford calls out didn't much help to identify the breakdown diagram either. I assume I would need a service manual for more details.

mach 1 upper splitter 4.jpg

mach 1 upper splitter 3.jpg

mach 1 upper splitter 2.jpg

mach 1 upper splitter 1.jpg

Attachments

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Damn that’s a lot of work. Nice to see it almost finished though. Just in time for spring!

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Damn that’s a lot of work. Nice to see it almost finished though. Just in time for spring!
Yep. He is very particular about doing things but was surprised how much work was involved at same the time. Can almost guarantee if I didn't use but half the screws going back in the upper splitter it still would never come off....lol....Unbelievable!

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Does anyone have a photo showing the screws used to hold on the upper splitter? I am curious if there are some missing screws. I know there are spaces to allow for the lower splitter to screw onto the upper splitter but sure seems like some are missing but could be wrong.
I am definitely not worried about it coming off considering the hardware that is holding it on...lol.
Sponsored