Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I was adding the shelby lettering to my front splitter yesterday and noticed that i can see the clips somewhat exposed where the splitter meets the body. I did confirm that the hardware screws are installed and everything seems secure, but this somehow doesn't look right to me. Almost like it is not engaged fully in the clips? thoughts?
front splitter.jpg
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
They are not fully engaged and you will certainly suffer the fate of the splitter coming loose at speed. Either try to pound them up tighter or take it back to the dealer and share your concern.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If the long screws that run forward at a 45* angle are installed properly, it won't likely come off, but you should fully seat it. Fold up a shop rag thick, put it against the lip of the spoiler directly in front of each clip, and then give it a good whack with a heavy rubber mallet. It should click in. Repeat for each clip. Note - after you do that, go back and double-check tightness of those 45* screws.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
thanks guys.. it just didn't look right.. looks ok from a front view, but not when looking underneath. It might be ok..but...
I am going to take it to my dealership (I have a good one that works on the 350's a lot) and have them check it just to be sure....

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
thanks guys.. it just didn't look right.. looks ok from a front view, but not when looking underneath. It might be ok..but...
I am going to take it to my dealership (I have a good one that works on the 350's a lot) and have them check it just to be sure....
cant be too safe.. I know you saw my post about mine....not good.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
i can see a "gap" in mine too, been like that since the dealer installed it 20 mos ago. i've been meaning to fix it myself or take it in but too lazy to take it in so thinking to pound it myself. i've seen other R splitters and they are "tighter" than mine with almost no gap.

someone got a picture of the underneath splitter to show which ones to unscrew? hate to unscrew ALL of them if i dont have to...

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
hmm... so those notches in the upper portion of the splitter are normal? I can see the blue paint through them, so wasn't sure if they needed to be somehow clipped up further...

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Please take it in. Mine looked like that and folded under the car at 80mph. It wasn't pretty. My new one is tight, can't see any gap. If you can see the pins that press into the upper part of the bumper, it's too loose IMO.

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Please take it in. Mine looked like that and folded under the car at 80mph. It wasn't pretty. My new one is tight, can't see any gap. If you can see the pins that press into the upper part of the bumper, it's too loose IMO.
thanks, will be doing that. Would rather be safe than sorry. Have to get new wheels put on anyway.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If you can put it on a lift, you will be able to see whether each tab is fully seated in the slot. When fully seated (locked) there will still be a small space, similar to what your picture shows. So, two keys: 1) tabs are seated, 2) all hardware (screws and clips) is in place. The near viral installation video is very helpful.
Sponsored