Sponsored

Front passenger buzz/rattle!!!

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hey guys, depending on the road and temperature, I sometimes get a loud buzz/rattle from the passenger side. I don't know if its the dashboard or door, I haven't had time for someone to sit in the passenger sit while driving and point out the exact spot. Now I know some people have the "light switch rattle" (which I also have, plan to fix it on my own) or the "rear passenger rattle" ( I dont have this) but I haven't seen many comments with my problem. If anyone has this problem or solution anything will help, Thanks.
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Check the rear view mirror! I thought the same and it was the mirror

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
i have the loudest buzz which sounds like its coming from my front passenger speaker down by the feet of the passenger side. It almost sounds like the actual speaker buzzing from some sort of interference but it isnt. it all started after i got my headers on, so the vibration made something loose but i cant find what it is for the life of me... driving me nuts

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I just found my passenger door panel rattle. It had a very annoying buzz over bumps that would go on for about 1/4 of a second. You could hit the door panel and make it do this as well.

I took the door panel off and found that the cable housing going into the window regulator was rattling against itself. If i pushed on it, it would stop.

You can hear the noise in this video:

I was able to wedge a piece of 5/16" round plastic tubing between the door panel and the regulator housing wrapped in tesa tape to keep it from rattling. I wish there was a better fix for it, but it took care of the heavy buzzing you could hear in the original video.

I also removed my dash panel bezel (the one that houses the center vents) and completely wrapped the back side in tesa tape, especially where it meets the speaker bezel in the center to keep it from creaking (you can tell you have fixed it when you press on it and it no longer crackles).

And of course the c pillar buzz we all know. I did the same thing with that. Took about an hour worth of work - but so far so good.. completely quiet with the windows up.

100.jpg

101.jpg

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I just found my passenger door panel rattle. It had a very annoying buzz over bumps that would go on for about 1/4 of a second. You could hit the door panel and make it do this as well.

I took the door panel off and found that the cable housing going into the window regulator was rattling against itself. If i pushed on it, it would stop.

I was able to wedge a piece of 5/16" round plastic tubing between the door panel and the regulator housing wrapped in tesa tape to keep it from rattling. I wish there was a better fix for it, but it took care of the heavy buzzing you could hear in the original video.

I also removed my dash panel bezel (the one that houses the center vents) and completely wrapped the back side in tesa tape, especially where it meets the speaker bezel in the center to keep it from creaking (you can tell you have fixed it when you press on it and it no longer crackles).

And of course the c pillar buzz we all know. I did the same thing with that. Took about an hour worth of work - but so far so good.. completely quiet with the windows up.

100.jpg

101.jpg
Exactly what I did and found too and fixed it. You're gonna save a lot of people! haha

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Exactly what I did and found too and fixed it. You're gonna save a lot of people! haha
You had this same issue before me? Or you were able to fix it because of what i posted?

Very interesting to see either way that this may be a common problem, and i really do hope i help others find the sources of their rattles.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
You had this same issue before me? Or you were able to fix it because of what i posted?

Very interesting to see either way that this may be a common problem, and i really do hope i help others find the sources of their rattles.
LOL I had the issue before and I fixed it the same way you did. I just never got to around posting it cause I didn't take pictures. But you did it for me!

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

100.jpg

101.jpg
Are the screws to remove the panel just regular 6 point socket screws?

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
I believe the rattle some of you guys speak of is a loose passenger vent... push it or pull it and it should move back and forth, put some felt tape under it.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

100.jpg

101.jpg
Hey there, I have the exact same rattle from that area. Is there alternative way to fix it with felt tape or is the tubing thing the only way? What tubing exactly did you use?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
LOL I had the issue before and I fixed it the same way you did. I just never got to around posting it cause I didn't take pictures. But you did it for me!
Did you fix that same buzzing/rattle by wedging plastic tubing? or do you have a different way of fixing this buzz?

Deleted member 35644

Have a passenger lay his or her hand on the defroster vent while you're driving. That's how I found mine.
Sponsored