Passenger Door Rattle

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Picked up 2015 GT Vert with upgraded audio 3 days ago. On the way home at moderate stereo volume the passenger door is rattling. This only happens when playing the stereo.

Took it to Riverside Ford in Sumner the next day explaining the problem. Got the standard call 4 hours later "Our service manager and Technician could not duplicate the noise". I suggested to the service advisor that the put the balance to the right and fader to the front to isolate the passenger door (should I really have to tell them that?). The advisor called me back told me that she heard it and she was going to "check one of the mustangs they have on the lot with Shaker audio to see if it was normal". I told her that would be a waste of time because it is clearly not normal because the drivers door does not do it. I just want it isolated and fixed.

2 hours later she calls me back and states that she checked a mustang on the lot and it does not rattle when playing the shaker audio. Additionally it was too late in the day so they would not be able to fix it.

The next day she stated they were in the process of fixing the rattle and the car would be ready in the afternoon. My wife checked the car at the dealership and thought it was fixed.

When I got home from work, I isolated the speaker to right - front and the rattle is still there. It is something inside the door (it is not coming from the speaker).

Very frustrated......typical dealer run around. Bought a new car. It should not have problems......if it does the dealer should fix it the first time.....and in a timely manner.

Am I being unreasonable?
Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have some rattles in my dash, I'm just going to pop the pieces off and reattach them, a door on the other hand might be more troublesome, I'd keep nagging the dealer or if you can take off the door panel yourself, Id just take out the side speaker, put it back on and make sure you snug everything down tight enough and see if it goes away

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Picked up 2015 GT Vert with upgraded audio 3 days ago. On the way home at moderate stereo volume the passenger door is rattling. This only happens when playing the stereo.
Hey painoz,

Your tunes should compliment the driving experience, not interfere. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into options on my end to assist. :thumbsup:

Jeff

toplessfun

Photographer / IS Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yankiyuksel.com
First Name
Yanki
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey painoz,

Your tunes should compliment the driving experience, not interfere. Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into options on my end to assist. :thumbsup:

Jeff
I have the exact same problem on the passenger side with my 12 speaker system. When there is a song with bass, it tends to rattle and is quite annoying. I wonder if others are having similar issues. I guess I should contact the dealer first and see what they say.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the exact same problem on the passenger side with my 12 speaker system. When there is a song with bass, it tends to rattle and is quite annoying. I wonder if others are having similar issues. I guess I should contact the dealer first and see what they say.
I definitely suggest contacting your dealer, toplessfun, as they're best able to diagnose the specific issue. Send over your information via PM though: VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll enlist any potential assistance on my end.

Jeff

Sponsored

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the same exact issue on my driver's door.

I've taken it to my dealer 3 times already and they haven't been able to resolve the issue - currently there on the 4th attempt. Apparently some of the wiring rubs against the inner panel due to vibration of the woofer on the door speakers, so that's the cause of the "rattling" noise.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the same exact issue on my driver's door.

I've taken it to my dealer 3 times already and they haven't been able to resolve the issue - currently there on the 4th attempt. Apparently some of the wiring rubs against the inner panel due to vibration of the woofer on the door speakers, so that's the cause of the "rattling" noise.
Hey spicyypenguin,

Let me help end this cycle. Shoot me a PM; include your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll check out the situation and see how to best assist. :)

Jeff

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey spicyypenguin,

Let me help end this cycle. Shoot me a PM; include your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll check out the situation and see how to best assist. :)

Jeff
PM sent. Thanks for the follow-up!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
DOOR RATTLE-PANEL REMOVAL

Stage3MotorSports has a Youtube video which shows how to remove a 2015 door panel: [ame].
Looks pretty straight forward...few tools needed.

Remove the panel and check the speaker frame screws, and anything else that may be banging around in there.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have this issue with my brand new 2021 GT Premium. The moment I play something with a little more bass the driver's side door has some sort of rattle unless the windows are all open. This tells me it isn't the speaker itself but something in the door not being secured.

Does anyone have any resolutions to this? I know this is a necro thread but Google Search was my friend.

Deleted member 35644

You'll be at it forever if you rely on the dealership to resolve it. Remove the door panel, turn on the stereo, and track down the rattle. Have a flashlight and some double-sided foam tape ready.

I had a rattle in the driver's door of the V6 that I had to listen to the entire drive home from Denver. Turned out to be the connector for the mirror was dangling, and banging against the door skin at highway speeds. It's supposed to be attached to a plastic 'hook' inside the door, but I couldn't locate it, so secured the connector with Gorilla tape. No more rattle.

You can do it. The door panels are a breeze to remove and reinstall.
Sponsored