Sponsored

Front Bumper Pre-drilled Holes?

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is it normal to have 2 pre-drilled holes in the front bumper of the 2019 mustang?
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yep mine is the same as Mik’s...two little divots where the screws should go but thankfully the dealer never installed anything.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Yep mine is the same as Mik’s...two little divots where the screws should go but thankfully the dealer never installed anything.
Me three. I don't run it even though I'm supposed to. More and more states are getting rid of the front plate because it's useless and stupid.

OP
OP
hailo

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ok thanks. guess it's normal.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Me three. I don't run it even though I'm supposed to. More and more states are getting rid of the front plate because it's useless and stupid.
I wish Texas would kill the law. I have the sto n sho bracket mounted and while it’s not awful it sure doesn’t look as clean as no plate at all.

I had it in the windshield for a bit but I didn’t want to give the cops another reason to pop me. My tails are tinted and my windows are 3% and 5% so I’m whistling past the graveyard as is lol

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
More and more states are getting rid of the front plate because it's useless and stupid.
Ohio just ditched them, doesn't take effect until July 1st of 2020, so we have to run the front plates until then.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I also have two little indentions, but not drilled holes. They are painted.

California will never let is not run a front plate legally. What a stupid law, who does it really help. I only got pulled over once in 13 years with no plate, and of course it was in SF, liberal paradise. Shit on the side walk, fine, shoot up, fine, but you better have a front plate.

Not to mention you can't have any tint. 0. My last car i only tinted the back. This mustang came tinted on the front windows as well(probably an 85% tint, looks good, but still not too dark).It's so much better for keeping the sun out. Wondering how long until i get pulled over for another stupid law.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Illinois is a front plate required state. My Ford dealer always asks first if I want the front plate mounted. I definitely think the plate ruins the look but if it's going to cause a pull over or an additional ticket I figure it is not worth it. So reluctantly the plate always gets installed.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I’m in New York which requires a front plate. I don’t have one mounted and my logic is that it gives the Officer something to “downgrade” to instead of ticketing me for exceeding the posted limit. So far my theory hasn’t been tested. Ironically I am trading my Ecoboost with its virgin front fascia for a used GT that has the front plate bracket already mounted. I guess I’ll never know if my scheme would have worked.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I bought a flip-down bracket from American Muscle ( I think). $50, and the dealer charge me $150 to get underneath and install it properly. Anyone who knows there way around these cars could do it themselves. Definitely worth it. New Jersey hasn't seen the light yet. Who would let someone drill thru that pretty bumper? I can "James Bond" mine out of sight if I want, and because it's fastened from the bottom, no harm no foul.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I bought a flip-down bracket from American Muscle ( I think). $50, and the dealer charge me $150 to get underneath and install it properly. Anyone who knows there way around these cars could do it themselves. Definitely worth it. New Jersey hasn't seen the light yet. Who would let someone drill thru that pretty bumper? I can "James Bond" mine out of sight if I want, and because it's fastened from the bottom, no harm no foul.
It would be nice to see the flip down mount installed. Do you have any pictures? My 2019 GT will be here any day now and I have been considering not having the bracket installed.

"James Bond" it out. Does that mean you can flip it out of site on the move?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-motorized.html

Last edited:

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
They are required here too, i just got a fixit ticket and had to get a license plate bracket. I decided to get custom plates and a zl1 tow bracket plate holder

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera

It would be nice to see the flip down mount installed. Do you have any pictures? My 2019 GT will be here any day now and I have been considering not having the bracket installed.

"James Bond" it out. Does that mean you can flip it out of site on the move?

https://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-motorized.html
There are two set ups; one is manual, and is $50 plus installation. I think they have a motorized one available too. A bit more complicated.