Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Took a shot at another MY19 Stang I saw today at the dealership, it has the gap as well.
C9A6FBCD-1EC5-478F-8A20-A0E1222D1943.jpeg
I used your photo today to show the stealership your bumper. If you read my post you will see they could not give 2 shits. I will be posting my experience on every mustang site.
Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Lmao and i tought i was crazy to notify this on my own car, i come across this topic. My 2018 have the same gap

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you all the best trying to get the dealership to fix it under warranty. If you have read my posts you can see they are denying the it's a factory defect.

Lmao and i tought i was crazy to notify this on my own car, i come across this topic. My 2018 have the same gap[/QUOTE

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I wish you all the best trying to get the dealership to fix it under warranty. If you have read my posts you can see they are denying the it's a factory defect.
For my part im not gonna leave my mustang at the stealership to try and have it fixed when they could damage other stuff, my 2018 have been paint corrected for 24 hours 3 guys on it and its opticoated so i don't want any swirl or defect to it. I only noticed it the first time ive wash my car then after it never bothered me you have to look for it honestly anyone staring at your car not going to see that

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I went under the bumper again and I noticed that the lens has some support brackets and they are intact and holding up the bumper area by headlight designed to avoid droop or gaps, but maybe for some, the edge might need to be filed shorter if its actually pushing out the bumper away? Or some might have broken/missing support tabs?

lamp 1.jpg

LAMP 2.JPG

Good investigative work!

So even if the bumper cover edge is properly secured into the lower edge of the headlight, due to weather conditions the urethane bumper covers (not front and rear) expand and contract due to temperature. There’s always going to be unevenness where the bumper covers meet either sheet metal edges or other plastics.

The above insight as to the headlight assembly having the tabs is good to know, it will close the gap to a point, but if the cover expands/contracts due to temps I think there’s always going to be a gap of sorts.

Plus if the bottom of the headlight assembly is in constant contact with the top surface of the bumper cover - it’s going to wear through the painted layer due to vibrations caused by driving and wind sheer...

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Good investigative work!

So even if the bumper cover edge is properly secured into the lower edge of the headlight, due to weather conditions the urethane bumper covers (not front and rear) expand and contract due to temperature. There’s always going to be unevenness where the bumper covers meet either sheet metal edges or other plastics.

The above insight as to the headlight assembly having the tabs is good to know, it will close the gap to a point, but if the cover expands/contracts due to temps I think there’s always going to be a gap of sorts.

Plus if the bottom of the headlight assembly is in constant contact with the top surface of the bumper cover - it’s going to wear through the painted layer due to vibrations caused by driving and wind sheer...

In my case my (aftermarket) pax side area is little warped a bit over the headlight brackets, luckily the fwd part near the headlight is warped up so it presses up to close the gap more. I am thinking its all in the mold of the bumper as well and how it forms even over each guide pin on the headlight surface?

Prior to changing out my front bumper, my fog lights have some slight up down scrapes on the top corner probably from high speed and the bumper shifting up and down on top area.

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
I used your photo today to show the stealership your bumper. If you read my post you will see they could not give 2 shits. I will be posting my experience on every mustang site.
I hope you can make them to get it fixed. This is actually not my car, just a random one I saw at the dealership, so I went closer to check the area and it had the same gap as on my yellow car. A week before I checked the brand new model standing in the middle of their showroom, and it also had this gap. However, you can see models with almost no gap there. Not sure if this is a design flaw, or a QC issue at Flat Rock, but if the latter, the dealer should fix it. I was told that they could “fix” the gap, but not under warranty, and it’s likely to move back over time. It’s sad that Steeda’s aftermarket bumper has a better fitment than the OEM one.
However, I owned a Jaguar previously and that had worse panel fitment I must say. That dealer told me that if panel gaps really bother me, I should buy a Lexus...well I didn’t take their word, and overall I’m still really happy with my Stang.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
That’s all pretty minor compared to this gap on my driver side turn signal that I can fit my thumb through. But my passenger headlight also had the game that’s being talked about. Pretty trash quality control.
72290675-C4C8-4B72-AA06-6DF30DEF9E44.png

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bullitt has same issue, dealer has seen it, taken photos, agreed no scuff marks or grounding/curbing cause, and agreed to fix it.

Just waiting until 1st oil change after its run in, and will get it looked at then.

I honestly think the build quality on my 2019 is worse than my 2010, still fun though

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My Bullitt has same issue, dealer has seen it, taken photos, agreed no scuff marks or grounding/curbing cause, and agreed to fix it.

Just waiting until 1st oil change after its run in, and will get it looked at then.

I honestly think the build quality on my 2019 is worse than my 2010, still fun though
I would agree with that statement. My 2010 interior didn’t rattle but my 2019 started rattling everywhere after 1,000 miles.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My Bullitt doesn't have the glaring gap visible from above that some other cars have, but there's a gap on both sides that shouldn't be there. The good news is you can only see it if you lower your head. I'm sure if the headlight tabs are ground a little, the bumper would fit deeper into the headlights, for a better fit. But some bumpers just seem to have been cut short in that area IMO.

As a side comment, have you seen how the bumper ends in the trunk when you open it? It's almost embarrassing how bad it fits in my car. There's a big gap on my car, but it's just the way the car is produced (as in very cheaply).