Front Bumper Gap Under Passenger Headlight

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
anyone have dealers fix this issue?? just curious if they would do something if I took it in
Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
anyone have dealers fix this issue?? just curious if they would do something if I took it in
took it in and they just gave it to the body shop at the dealer location and they cleaned it up, free

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
What did they do?!?!?

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
What did they do?!?!?
Not quite sure, but they probably just took the front bumper off and put it back on again. don't quote me, and they did align my hood better also on top of that.

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
took it in and they just gave it to the body shop at the dealer location and they cleaned it up, free
Ive got this as well itā€™s annoying as shit. Iā€™m lowered on springs but I think mine is bad the lower front splitter is becoming separated from the bumper and the hood isnā€™t aligned perfectly on both sides. How long did they take to fix it?

Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
Ive got this as well itā€™s annoying as shit. Iā€™m lowered on springs but I think mine is bad the lower front splitter is becoming separated from the bumper and the hood isnā€™t aligned perfectly on both sides. How long did they take to fix it?
1 day actually in terms of time it took to finish that part however my car was at the dealer for 3 days because it was over the weekend. (I guess the body shop don't work on the weekends?)

then again it depends on your dealership

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I have this gap under the passenger headlight as well. Personally I don't think it's even worth the hassle to try and get it fixed. You can't even notice the gap unless you're specifically looking for it.

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have this gap under the passenger headlight as well. Personally I don't think it's even worth the hassle to try and get it fixed. You can't even notice the gap unless you're specifically looking for it.
My indicator under the headlight is recessed a little sometimes I have to barley adjust it forward. You canā€™t tell if u saw it but I know itā€™s there cause itā€™s my car and for 42k itā€™s crazy annoying

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to sabtaj1, for sharing this thread with me. I have/had the same exact issue. I have a 2018 Mustang GT PP1.
More details, here.

Yesterday, the dealership removed the bumper, and used new clips during the reinstalling of the bumper.
Both the left and right sides look BETTER than when I first purchased the car.

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
I also have that gap under the headlights (passenger side). When I had the front parking sensors installed, and the bumper had to be removed, I asked the dealer to look at it, and actually they were able to somewhat reduce the gap, although just marginally. But half a year later the gap seems to look the same as before the fitment.
Not sure if itā€™s considered ā€˜normalā€™ and I should just live with it, or is it worth to complain about it and try get it realigned under warranty?
F7316394-3484-48B2-9F86-2F0CB729F7F2.jpeg

Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion is to have it looked at under warranty (when you take the car in for oil change, tyre rotation, etcetera). Seems to me, there is a flaw of sorts, with the clips...

I also have that gap under the headlights (passenger side). When I had the front parking sensors installed, and the bumper had to be removed, I asked the dealer to look at it, and actually they were able to somewhat reduce the gap, although just marginally. But half a year later the gap seems to look the same as before the fitment.
Not sure if itā€™s considered ā€˜normalā€™ and I should just live with it, or is it worth to complain about it and try get it realigned under warranty?
F7316394-3484-48B2-9F86-2F0CB729F7F2.jpeg

kr1stof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Triple Yellow
My suggestion is to have it looked at under warranty (when you take the car in for oil change, tyre rotation, etcetera). Seems to me, there is a flaw of sorts, with the clips...
My annual service interval is due in late May, I have an appointment already, so Iā€™ll raise their attention to this problem again, mentioning the clips.
Although I bet theyā€˜ll just say itā€™s ā€˜normalā€™.
Pretty much all the 18+ models Iā€™ve seen had this gap under the headlight, itā€™s the extent of the gap that varies...wondering what degree is considered normal.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Mine is MY2019 and has the gap.
I have booked my first annual service past week.
The head of service department saw the gap and agreed that it's not normal and they will try to do something about it next week.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad no warranty on my 19+ front bumper, I have the Steeda Q Front Fascia and actually If I really look hard, can see it only from the front edge and yes it is the pax side only as others have with factory bumpers. but its all tucked in below the headlight on the side. I do not want to mess with it to see if corner under lamp might move further up, but I noticed that what possibly could make it worse over time for some is when you wash the car or touch it, try to avoid the area that tucks in under the headlight. because that if pressed down or bent down over time, it possibly could make gap worse, I do see how the gap can be possibly eliminated is to try to get some foam piece support under that area that presses it up from the turn lamps to the surface under the headlight? Well for sure have to remove the entire bumper to get back to that area. I have actually got my hand into the engine bay and touched that area, there is a support bracket on the headlight that gives the bumper under the corner some support, but it all has to do with how good the molded pieces are perhaps?

I sure hope high speed driving does not affect it as it does for some aftermarket lower bumper pieces.

DSC_3672.JPG
DSC_3673.JPG

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I went under the bumper again and I noticed that the lens has some support brackets and they are intact and holding up the bumper area by headlight designed to avoid droop or gaps, but maybe for some, the edge might need to be filed shorter if its actually pushing out the bumper away? Or some might have broken/missing support tabs?

lamp 1.jpg

LAMP 2.JPG
Sponsored