Sponsored

From 370z to Mustang GT

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I bought a new 07 350z HR Enthusiast which is probably 90% plus the power/performance of a 370z. Put on the Fujita twin intakes and deleted the resonator. They are fun cars for what they are. The pony wars went into high gear around 2011 and really pulled away power wise from the Z’s imo.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
that's because Murica....
AHEM!!!!!

I said, I said AH.....HEM!!!!

ROAD AMERICA;
1603478805421.png

My favorite drive, Skyline;
1603478914601.png

And since we're both Michiganderers........

1603478996769.png

There's these things called turns.

And good drivers can do more than just go fast in a straight line.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Michigander too ... add avoiding potholes & debris on 75 ... that's always fun :)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
AHEM!!!!!

ROAD AMERICA;
1603478805421.png

1603478914601.png

1603478996769.png

I don't understand. Where are the burnout box's?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
AHEM!!!!!

ROAD AMERICA;
1603478805421.png

1603478914601.png

1603478996769.png

Actual track driving absolutely wrecks a car... Lots of shit to replace all the time...

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
6-speed. Thanks for the response. I’m just gonna take it easy at first and get a good feel for it
I came from 4 banger fWD cars. Car before this Mustang gt was a civic type r. I even made a post awhile back on how do people loose control of these cars cause i dont see it. I have regular tires nothing fancy and i have the calibration tune and its a 2019 gt automatic. Even when i turn the traction control off it is very very hard to get this car to just loose control. I almost never loose grip or have the back end come out from me. I also do not drive like a grandpa. Im pretty much flooring it and paddle shifting through out the whole thing. I personally dont understand all these people who say the car is uncontrolable or that the back end goes squirly all the time. It simply never happens to me and like I said im fairly heavy on the throttle.

My buddy with the gt pp1 and now a supercharger and tune and all the goodies with around 700 plus hp has to really try to get it to break loose and just go nuts. And he still has to try to get it too as apposed to it just happening.

My point dont let these stories scare ya. The car is very stable and I have almost never been able to lose control even when I have gone into a parking lot and tried to.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Briebee72 - Have a look at this from @RasJeremy :

Good fucking God! I had this experience today and I gotta say... those rear tires really wonna get in front when it is a little wet!

For you MPH guys It was accelerating from around 25MPH to 30MPH when it had a quick slide.
Might not look like much but that heart rate was enouhg workout for me for the day! :crackup:
WD :like:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
@Briebee72 - Have a look at this from @RasJeremy :

wet road in a turn.... what condition were tires? mods of any sort... lots of factors there. IM not saying it doesn't happen Im just saying I have tried and cant get it too. Dont understand people who just say the car is always going sideways. If anything this has been one of the most stable cars I have ever driven. I can get my 2007 ford focus se to loose grip on a wet road in a turn.... just saying.

we can split hairs all day and have examples of anything we look for. IM just saying the car isnt this crazy uncontrollable thing that goes sideways at every tap of the peddle as some would have you believe. Yeah sure wet roads and in a turn.. I mean any car can loose traction not just a mustang specific thing.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Actual track driving absolutely wrecks a car... Lots of shit to replace all the time...
I would think that's true. Tires and brakes first and foremost.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
wet road in a turn.... what condition were tires? mods of any sort... lots of factors there. IM not saying it doesn't happen Im just saying I have tried and cant get it too. Dont understand people who just say the car is always going sideways. If anything this has been one of the most stable cars I have ever driven. I can get my 2007 ford focus se to loose grip on a wet road in a turn.... just saying.
I think we covered in your thread that for sure you are doing something wrong. However the problem with the car is that the factory alignment is jack shit. A good alignment and the car is super planted even without any Steeda goodies. My car used to slide ever turn and was super scary had two very scary aquaplaning at the highway at 130 km/h always in a turn but now the car is more predictable and easier to recover from such events. My brother drive the Mustang very rarely but after my last alignment he tried to slide it in a 90 degree corner and the car just turned he said why you broke the car :D So now even if I want to slide it is really hard to do but it's much more predictable on the street and on the road course.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Briebee72 - New car, A10, no power mods, pp1 wheel / tyre spec, 14 deg C :like:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we covered in your thread that for sure you are doing something wrong. However the problem with the car is that the factory alignment is jack shit. A good alignment and the car is super planted even without any Steeda goodies. My car used to slide ever turn and was super scary had two very scary aquaplaning at the highway at 130 km/h always in a turn but now the car is more predictable and easier to recover from such events. My brother drive the Mustang very rarely but after my last alignment he tried to slide it in a 90 degree corner and the car just turned he said why you broke the car :D So now even if I want to slide it is really hard to do but it's much more predictable on the street and on the road course.
That’s fantastic information. Didn’t realize alignment was that important. With the cold here in Michigan, 40, yesterday I hit it hard from about 45mph and fishtailed like one of the mustang fails. I fishtail quiet a bit having a supercharger but nothing like that.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
To the last three post above mine here. Cold weather...wet roads... 90 degree turns.... Yeah of course you are gonna loose traction. This is not a Mustang problem its a all car problem. Any car can loose traction in those conditions. Yall just tryin to scare the new guy is all :)

Last edited:

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I have managed to 360 a Mark IV Cortina with a 1.6L Pinto engine putting out all of 68Hp. Wet road, cold, worn but very legal tires, all it took was a 20 year old with a heavy foot giving it loads off a red light turning right. The video above was the car reminding the driver to pay attention and read the road, conditions and always be prepared :-)

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
To the last three post above mine here. Cold weather...wet roads... 90 degree turns.... Yeah of course you are gonna loose traction. This is not a Mustang problem its a all car problem. Any car can loose traction in those conditions. Yall just tryin to scare the new guy is all :)
Yeah but I have lot's of tire spins on hot dry pavement as well. The car with factory alignment and loose traction control want's to play. With the new alignment the car is not that much tail happy as it was. That's all I'm saying.
Sponsored