Four door Mustang?!?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Huh? The Falcon came out first in 1960. The Mustang was originally derived from the Falcon.

1960 Falcon
1634473300411.jpeg
Exactly..............

I want to do a 'birth year' car when I retire, and am thinking of a 64 Falcon as a start. If I do this will be a resto-mod with modern drivetrain and suspension/brakes/gauges/ac etc.

Also considering an MG or Triumph. Not a fan of the Gen 1 Mustangs for some reason, my favorite was 68-69.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
There is no Falcon since the 1960’s.
They're tallking about some euro car that Ford produces. It really doesn’t count, since if it’s not sold in America it’s not a real Ford. :crackup:
The Ford Falcon was manufactured in Australia, not Europe, until 2016 when Ford decided to shut our local factories down. It remained a RWD sedan when the the rest of the world had moved to FWD platforms for mainstream cars.
The Falcon made in Australia were originally based on the American market models until 1972 when Ford Australia went it alone due to the model being axed in the US. Falcon's from 1988 bore no mechanical resemblance to any other Ford in the world, in fact Falcon had IRS before the Mustang ever did! I think when American's think Falcon, they think of those basic economy cars of the 60's, when in fact it actually evolved into a spacious and well specified car that also doubled as a sports sedan.

What you have to consider is, we never got the Mustang properly until the S550 in 2015. These Falcon's when fitted with powerful V8 and Inline 6's were our muscle cars. So they were very much loved! I have have owned 4 and driven and enjoyed countless Falcon's.

2002 BA Falcon XR6 Turbo, the introduction of the mighty "Barra" -

xr6t.jpg

2004 Falcon GT with a DOHC 5.4 V8 -

BA-MK-II-FPV-GT-P-FORD-GT.jpg

BF Falcon GT and Typhoon -

BF_FPV_RANGE_2.jpg

FG MK II Falcon GT-F (Final Falcon GT) -

gtf100.jpg

FG-X Falcon Sprint (The last Falcon ever) -

sprint100.jpg

And my current two Falcon's, FG XR6 (blue) and FG-X XR8 (red) -

IMG_E1649.jpg

sep1511.jpg

IMG-0378.jpg

Sorry about the "history" lesson, but yes these cars are close to my heart and always will be. I love my Mustang and see it as a natural progression from what was once only available to us.

A four door provided the basis for the original Mustang, a new four door based off the two door Mustang would be a strange turn around.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That looks very much like a car GM made and brought to the U.S. as a GTO but in 4 door. I’ll bet we get a 4 door Mustang. Like it or not.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Ford Falcon was manufactured in Australia, not Europe, until 2016 when Ford decided to shut our local factories down. It remained a RWD sedan when the the rest of the world had moved to FWD platforms for mainstream cars.
The Falcon made in Australia were originally based on the American market models until 1972 when Ford Australia went it alone due to the model being axed in the US. Falcon's from 1988 bore no mechanical resemblance to any other Ford in the world, in fact Falcon had IRS before the Mustang ever did! I think when American's think Falcon, they think of those basic economy cars of the 60's, when in fact it actually evolved into a spacious and well specified car that also doubled as a sports sedan.

What you have to consider is, we never got the Mustang properly until the S550 in 2015. These Falcon's when fitted with powerful V8 and Inline 6's were our muscle cars. So they were very much loved! I have have owned 4 and driven and enjoyed countless Falcon's.

xr6t.jpg

BF_FPV_RANGE_2.jpg

gtf100.jpg

sprint100.jpg

IMG_E1649.jpg

sep1511.jpg

IMG-0378.jpg

Sorry about the "history" lesson, but yes these cars are close to my heart and always will be. I love my Mustang and see it as a natural progression from what was once only available to us.

A four door provided the basis for the original Mustang, a new four door based off the two door Mustang would be a strange turn around.
That looks very similar to the 2000's US Ford Lincoln LS....
1634557803128.jpeg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F

xr6t.jpg

BF_FPV_RANGE_2.jpg

gtf100.jpg

sprint100.jpg

IMG_E1649.jpg

sep1511.jpg

IMG-0378.jpg

Super cool informative post, I had absolutely no idea. Thank you for posting! Beautiful rides, and definitely being enthusiast owned and operated, enjoy them!!

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912