Sponsored

Four door Mustang?!?

Deleted member 35644

Surely they're not dumb enough to kill their mid-size sedan (Fusion) due to a perceived lack of sales (their excuse to dive head-first into crossovers), and then pump out yet another bastardization of the Mustang name as a mid-size sedan.

Sponsored

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
I saw one the other day. Crossover looking thing being loaded with groceries. True story.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I dont think its horrible- lowered with some wheels has a little Panamera vibe too it-
I mean if the Charger is successful as a 4 door- plus if it sells more cars which means more development $ to build more cool motors

I mean its kind of like when Porsche first went SUV/ 4 door- the purists hated it also but if it allowed for Porsche to keep building GT3s why not?

trying to think positive here

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Surely they're not dumb enough to kill their mid-size sedan (Fusion) due to a perceived lack of sales (their excuse to dive head-first into crossovers), and then pump out yet another bastardization of the Mustang name as a mid-size sedan.
The Focus was still one of if not the top selling in its segment when they killed it. Fiesta too.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Ugliest thing I've seen today besides the contractor that walked in the office earlier. I think Ford is just confused at this point and calling everything mustang. :giggle:
Better looking than the Mach E.

Rocketeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A PP
I dont think its horrible- lowered with some wheels has a little Panamera vibe too it-
I mean if the Charger is successful as a 4 door- plus if it sells more cars which means more development $ to build more cool motors

I mean its kind of like when Porsche first went SUV/ 4 door- the purists hated it also but if it allowed for Porsche to keep building GT3s why not?

That's Porsche. A performance brand that made bespoke body platform for Panamra line to be another model in the lineup. S550 already exists and cannot be modified into full size 4 seat coupe.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

I'm a lot more accepting of the idea than using the Mustang name for an electric SUV. If there's more back seat room in addition to 4 doors, I'm sure it would be appealing to young families with growing kids. When I was younger and still had teenagers in the house I actually considered a Charger while Mustang and Camaro were completely out of the question.

If Ford does this they should name it something like "Mustang Touring" to differentiate it from the 2-door.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I really feel they are trying to have Mustang(non-offroad), Bronco(offroad) and F series as 3 separate brands.
They are not trying, they have already done it. It is time to realize the the party is over, the fat lady has sung. Like it, don't like it, doesn't matter. Ford is going to do what Ford is going to do.

As far as I'm concerned so long as we have a two door coupe, hopefully with a V8, I'm happy. I'm not going to go nuts bitching about stuff we have zero control over.

Also remember we are talking S650 here so no one really knows what is really going to happen.
Sponsored