Formula 1 talk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
In all my time watching F1 no one has got the calls and pass’s Hamilton has. The one thing I do really like about Nascar is when they don’t do there job the other drivers will take care of it. I completely agree its the stewards jobs to call the races evenly and fairly. I don‘t know what it is about F1 and why its lacking so bad in that one area.

Maybe, but I agree with you. When Lewis made that dumb ass move at Spa I immediately put the blame on him. He’s human and sometimes does stupid things. But it’s on the stewards to call it. Like it or not champions sometimes get the benefit of the doubt.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
In all my time watching F1 no one has got the calls and pass’s Hamilton has. The one thing I do really like about Nascar is when they don’t do there job the other drivers will take care of it. I completely agree its the stewards jobs to call the races evenly and fairly. I don‘t know what it is about F1 and why its lacking so bad in that one area.
Hello; Had an interesting conversation some time ago about Tiger Woods the golfer. A friend was explaining how his presence (Woods) upped the number of viewers/attendance during tournaments. Please note this conversation was during one of his comebacks after a time away. Not the more recent time away due to a car wreck.
The notion as explained by my friend is so many are interested in Woods that his mere presence draws attention. I do not keep up with nor play golf so cannot say if he is still a good player. He may be lessened by health issues for all I know. Even if he is not a top player anymore, he helps ratings.

Let me be clearer. I do not know if L. Hamilton is that sort of ratings draw and such is why he has gotten so many "calls and passes" over time. I have seen all the hype over him these past years. He even got a knighthood of some sort. Anyway, this celebrity status is one WAG as to why he gets so many calls going his way.
Hamilton moved from one good team into another good team and it worked out for him. Vettel moved to Ferrari and it did not work out for him quite so well.

I started going to NASCAR races back in the late 1950's early 60's before i had a driver's license. It was a regional sport back then. Sometime around the late 80's and early 90's NASCAR went national and big time. The cost to attend went way up. The track I knew best changed, Bristol. I recall sitting on concrete seats and the banking being more shallow. We could go on the track and walk around among the drivers and cars. I met Wendel Scott that way. Now Bristol is a mega structure.
A change I noted was how the drivers began to make silly ads and the hype started to make me think of professional wrestling hype.
Drivers, some at least, started being whiners both on the team radios and during TV interviews. I recall one driver we called Bowhine. F1 has been going down that same sort of road lately. The biggest joke is how they gave a nod to hybrid race cars. I get they are making the power units work better lately, but these are all out race cars. I miss the V-8 and V-10 engines.

Enough from me.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
The v8’s and v10’s hands down had and provided a much more visceral experience. They sounded amazing. The tranny’s as well. So cool and so different in person then on tv.

Hello; Had an interesting conversation some time ago about Tiger Woods the golfer. A friend was explaining how his presence (Woods) upped the number of viewers/attendance during tournaments. Please note this conversation was during one of his comebacks after a time away. Not the more recent time away due to a car wreck.
The notion as explained by my friend is so many are interested in Woods that his mere presence draws attention. I do not keep up with nor play golf so cannot say if he is still a good player. He may be lessened by health issues for all I know. Even if he is not a top player anymore, he helps ratings.

Let me be clearer. I do not know if L. Hamilton is that sort of ratings draw and such is why he has gotten so many "calls and passes" over time. I have seen all the hype over him these past years. He even got a knighthood of some sort. Anyway, this celebrity status is one WAG as to why he gets so many calls going his way.
Hamilton moved from one good team into another good team and it worked out for him. Vettel moved to Ferrari and it did not work out for him quite so well.

I started going to NASCAR races back in the late 1950's early 60's before i had a driver's license. It was a regional sport back then. Sometime around the late 80's and early 90's NASCAR went national and big time. The cost to attend went way up. The track I knew best changed, Bristol. I recall sitting on concrete seats and the banking being more shallow. We could go on the track and walk around among the drivers and cars. I met Wendel Scott that way. Now Bristol is a mega structure.
A change I noted was how the drivers began to make silly ads and the hype started to make me think of professional wrestling hype.
Drivers, some at least, started being whiners both on the team radios and during TV interviews. I recall one driver we called Bowhine. F1 has been going down that same sort of road lately. The biggest joke is how they gave a nod to hybrid race cars. I get they are making the power units work better lately, but these are all out race cars. I miss the V-8 and V-10 engines.

Enough from me.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Well glad I didn’t stay awake to watch the Japanese GP. Majorly delayed due to rain. When they eventually got going it was exciting though. Congrats to Max.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup yup. Glad I could watch the replay as I fast forwarded a lot.

Congrats to Max for winning his first almost controversy free championship. :)

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I did watch the whole race live starting at 1 am. As noted once the race got going there was a lot of good action.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Gotta loveeee the Hamilton fanboys. :cwl:

Yup yup. Glad I could watch the replay as I fast forwarded a lot.

Congrats to Max for winning his first almost controversy free championship. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Gotta loveeee the Hamilton fanboys. :cwl:
Come on Charlie what do Hamilton fanmen (I haven’t been a boy in 60 years 🤭) have to do with this? Oh, you mean the FIA screwing everything up again? I watched the race from my hotel room last night. Max, as usual this year, was in his own solar system. The other racing was quite exciting. Props to Ocon for a fantastic drive keeping “my” Lewis at bay. Seb and Fernando were also fun to watch. But the f-cking FIA can’t seem to follow their own rules.

Congrats to Max for his second, and well deserved, title.
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/f1-max-verstappen-caught-disgraceful-farce-world-title-204416704.html

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
oops. Be interesting to see how this is dealt with
https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-red-bull-guilty-minor-overspend/

While i don't watch F1 i do keep up with some of the news as what happens in F1 either happens in Motogp sooner or later. Though Motogp has had gyro cameras for a few years now whereas F1 is trialling them so it's not a one way street from f1 outwards.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FIA’s statement on the cost-cap breaches reads in full:

“The FIA cost cap administration has issued certificates of compliance to seven of the 10 competitors.

“The review of the reporting documentation submitted has been an intensive and thorough process, and all competitors gave their full support in providing the required information to assess their financial situation during this first year of the financial regulations.

“The FIA cost cap administration notes that all competitors acted at all times in a spirit of good faith and cooperation throughout the process.

“The FIA would also note that with respect to this first year of the application of the financial regulations the intervention of the FIA cost cap administration has been limited to reviewing the submissions made by the competitors and that no full formal investigations were launched.

“The FIA cost cap administration is currently determining the appropriate course of action to be taken under the financial regulations with respect to Aston Martin and Red Bull and further information will be communicated in compliance with the regulations.”