Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well I wasn't there and thereby have to go by the reports that came out of the track. This occurred on Sunday and had absolutely nothing to do with Lewis or Max or any other driver. There was a group of extremely rowdy fans whose poor behavior included hateful language and physical confrontation. Not sure what else you could possibly want.
Hello; So, you only know what the vaguely worded reports say. I did do some searching and reading of links and hardly any details to be found. Guess my point about how the meanings of words have been expanded way too much the last few years is not reason enough to question and ask for details?
There is a segment of a late night satire TV program called EVERYTHING IS RACIST. Every few nights something new is added to the list. The things which happened at the track may be as bad as reported, but without some details I will not just take reports at face value.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hello; So, you only know what the vaguely worded reports say. I did do some searching and reading of links and hardly any details to be found. Guess my point about how the meanings of words have been expanded way too much the last few years is not reason enough to question and ask for details?
There is a segment of a late night satire TV program called EVERYTHING IS RACIST. Every few nights something new is added to the list. The things which happened at the track may be as bad as reported, but without some details I will not just take reports at face value.
I completely understand you or anyone not accepting some stranger's possible spin on something. Maybe was as bad or worse than reported but also maybe not so much. Remember, these days using the wrong pro-noun might get someone prosecuted.

Someone told me college professor accused a US senator of making transphobic remarks (one of the things reported in articles about race fans) and even endangered people's life. A search found this:

Like @sk47, I want to hear or see something that has massive variations in how it may be characterized before deciding to believe or act on.

I don't disbelieve the articles, but I have no reason to believe them either. All I can do is guess how likely the articles are accurate and how likely the author's definition for things are even close to mine. Fortunately for me, not knowing for sure has no bearing on my life.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I completely understand you or anyone not accepting some stranger's possible spin on something. Maybe was as bad or worse than reported but also maybe not so much. Remember, these days using the wrong pro-noun might get someone prosecuted.

Someone told me college professor accused a US senator of making transphobic remarks (one of the things reported in articles about race fans) and even endangered people's life. A search found this:

Like @sk47, I want to hear or see something that has massive variations in how it may be characterized before deciding to believe or act on.

I don't disbelieve the articles, but I have no reason to believe them either. All I can do is guess how likely the articles are accurate and how likely the author's definition for things are even close to mine. Fortunately for me, not knowing for sure has no bearing on my life.
Hello; Saw that video. Perfect example.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Vettle to Retire

Sorry to see him go but can understand his reasons.
Damn, I really wanted him to stay preferably in a competitive car. He was never my favorite driver but over the years I’ve come to respect and really like him. I guess it’s time for the old guard to let the next generation show their stuff. Wasn’t it just yesterday that Lewis was a rookie? 🙁

So will Fernando be next?

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Damn, I really wanted him to stay preferably in a competitive car. He was never my favorite driver but over the years I’ve come to respect and really like him. I guess it’s time for the old guard to let the next generation show their stuff. Wasn’t it just yesterday that Lewis was a rookie? 🙁

So will Fernando be next?
I wanted Vettel to stick around too. Hoped for him to get another podium or maybe even a win. I wonder who’ll take his spot.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
As Albon would say:

GEORGE!!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well that was fun. Congrats to Max, P10 to P1 with a 360 to make it interesting. I think it’s safe to say that Mercedes is going to enjoy their summer break, Ferrari not so much.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well that was fun. Congrats to Max, P10 to P1 with a 360 to make it interesting. I think it’s safe to say that Mercedes is going to enjoy their summer break, Ferrari not so much.
Anyone know if Binotto's family has asked for donations to some charity in lieu of flowers?