Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I still do not know what this might mean. Saw the other day that showing up for work on time and working hard was considered racist or some such. Seems the definitions are ever changing and expanding. Back a few decades ago I understood and the meanings were tight.

On top of that this is aimed at the fans. Fans use to get to have a say. They could boo or cheer as they wished. The thing i saw which bothered me was the huge cloud of orange smoke in the stands. I would not want to be breathing all that smoke.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; I still do not know what this might mean. Saw the other day that showing up for work on time and working hard was considered racist or some such. Seems the definitions are ever changing and expanding. Back a few decades ago I understood and the meanings were tight.

On top of that this is aimed at the fans. Fans use to get to have a say. They could boo or cheer as they wished. The thing i saw which bothered me was the huge cloud of orange smoke in the stands. I would not want to be breathing all that smoke.
This is hardly cheering and booing. This is totally inappropriate behavior. The smoke was the least of their issues.

“The behaviour has been… disappointing,” wrote one Twitter user. “My expectations were low but, holy cow, racist, homophobic slurs, cat-calling, inappropriate talking and touching the list goes on.”

“I can also confirm that it is bad,” wrote another user on Twitter, who claimed they were targeted within an hour and a half of arriving at their campsite at the track. “I got a misogynistic comment, and afterwards it went downhill with inappropriate touching and many more misogynistic comments.”

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
This is hardly cheering and booing. This is totally inappropriate behavior. The smoke was the least of their issues.

“The behaviour has been… disappointing,” wrote one Twitter user. “My expectations were low but, holy cow, racist, homophobic slurs, cat-calling, inappropriate talking and touching the list goes on.”

“I can also confirm that it is bad,” wrote another user on Twitter, who claimed they were targeted within an hour and a half of arriving at their campsite at the track. “I got a misogynistic comment, and afterwards it went downhill with inappropriate touching and many more misogynistic comments.”
Hello; I read those comments. Still do not know what happened. As in my other post it is no longer the condition that such claims match the traditional definitions. Guess i will never know as the reports fail to quote what things were said. No longer just take someone else's interpretation of a comment. Seems the person writing the article would not use the actual words. Too bad traditional social norms cannot be counted on. By that I mean at one time I could have easier accepted someone saying a comment is racist, homophobic or misogynistic without hearing it myself. Not any more.

Some years ago when NASCAR was not so big time as it eventually got to be, it was the rednecks who kept it going. If you did not want beer cans flying over your head, you got seats further up in the rows of seats. Beer cans clanging off the fence added to the spectacle. All that went away when the races got more sophisticated.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Some years ago when NASCAR was not so big time as it eventually got to be, it was the rednecks who kept it going. If you did not want beer cans flying over your head, you got seats further up in the rows of seats. Beer cans clanging off the fence added to the spectacle. All that went away when the races got more sophisticated.
I stopped going when it changed to champagne glasses flying.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wolff is probably trying to put his personal lawyer in the position now that she’s in the FIA.

Hello; Yes, too many Lewis fans were upset so he had to go. I liked the comments section.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fortunately, team bosses are making passionate pleas for return to civility.

1657675656831.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Hello; Turns out a part of the "bad" behavior was actually cheering. Cheering in one case when Hamilton crashed out of qualifying.

JV: Fan reaction to Hamilton crash ’embarrassing’ (msn.com)

Not clear to me which inappropriate behavior that cheering was. Turns out I am not the only one not a fan of Hamilton.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Turns out a part of the "bad" behavior was actually cheering. Cheering in one case when Hamilton crashed out of qualifying.

JV: Fan reaction to Hamilton crash ’embarrassing’ (msn.com)

Not clear to me which inappropriate behavior that cheering was. Turns out I am not the only one not a fan of Hamilton.
Wow, you really do not want to understand this, do you. This had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Lewis. The booing was on Saturday, not Sunday. The is a huge contingent of Max fans that are as stupid as some of Lewis’ fans at Silverstone. Both Red Bull and Mercedes spoke out about the booing saying it was totally unnecessary and poor conduct.

What happened on Sunday was a mob mentality whose behavior was so egregious that it was condemned by the entire racing community. It’s frightening to think what could have happened if it had gotten out of control.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you really do not want to understand this, do you. This had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Lewis. The booing was on Saturday, not Sunday. The is a huge contingent of Max fans that are as stupid as some of Lewis’ fans at Silverstone. Both Red Bull and Mercedes spoke out about the booing saying it was totally unnecessary and poor conduct.

What happened on Sunday was a mob mentality whose behavior was so egregious that it was condemned by the entire racing community. It’s frightening to think what could have happened if it had gotten out of control.
Hello; Not a question of understanding. I still do not know what happened. Since you seem to know about it why not just spell it out? Seems something other than a cheer when Hamilton wrecked happened.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Not a question of understanding. I still do not know what happened. Since you seem to know about it why not just spell it out? Seems something other than a cheer when Hamilton wrecked happened.
Well I wasn't there and thereby have to go by the reports that came out of the track. This occurred on Sunday and had absolutely nothing to do with Lewis or Max or any other driver. There was a group of extremely rowdy fans whose poor behavior included hateful language and physical confrontation. Not sure what else you could possibly want.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp