Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
sorry if I started a shit storm. Once again, putin has penis breath and I wouldn't support the russian gp.
End of discussion.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Let the babies stay home. Vettel is a brat.

There are 5,000 guys behind him that will race even if there's a full out fire fight on the streets outside.
Hello; Yeah, they would. I do not figure the fighting will be in Russia. Thing is they held the Olympics in China this year for example.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
sorry if I started a shit storm. Once again, putin has penis breath and I wouldn't support the russian gp.
End of discussion.
Hello; Not so soon on ending the discussion. I am going to figure Vettel has a contract of some sort. Maybe not for the tens of millions he use to demand, but for millions likely.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
It’s inevitable so who do you think should get the seat?

https://the-race.com/formula-1/who-should-haas-hire-if-it-has-to-replace-mazepin/
Fittipaldi as an interim solution as he's their reserve driver but Giovanazzi is probably their best bet.

He's not doing anything and has the most recent experience.

Rosberg spent too much time out of the seat and other non-F1 drivers would probably be a liability ad/or take too long to get up to speed. Not to mention their super license.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Fittipaldi as an interim solution as he's their reserve driver but Giovanazzi is probably their best bet.

He's not doing anything and has the most recent experience.

Rosberg spent too much time out of the seat and other non-F1 drivers would probably be a liability ad/or take too long to get up to speed. Not to mention their super license.
Safe bet, Fittipaldi or Giovinazzi. A little less safe, Piastri or Ilott. Out there pick is Andretti and Herta. Go USA!!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Safe bet, Fittipaldi or Giovinazzi. A little less safe, Piastri or Ilott. Out there pick is Andretti and Herta. Go USA!!
Herta would be a good pick if the rest of the field is supportive of Andretti's entry into F1.
Currently, I'm not too sure that is the case. I don't even know if Herta has a FIA super license either.

On a side note, and this is just my .02, is that the past couple US born F1 bids have been a total bust.
USF1 didn't even make it to the field, currently HAAS is in bed with the russians and last in the
field. Granted there are questions surrounding Their sponsor and driver after recent events.

If Andretti can pull it off with an American driver, that would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
OK, now it's time to move on. Honestly I'm flabbergasted. Bet Liberty Media had some input into this decision.

Formula 1 Cancels F1 Russian Grand Prix Following Russia's Military Invasion of Ukraine
https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a39222932/formula-1-cancels-f1-russian-grand-prix-following-russias-military-invasion-of-ukraine/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_aut&utm_medium=email&date=022522&utm_campaign=nl26831437&utm_term=AAA -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers
Hello; interesting, I guess they should have been canceling various US GP's for many years if a military invasion is the only criteria? Is it too late to make things equitable and should they?
Sponsored