Formula 1 talk.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I think they checked Max’s data and he did brake abruptly which caused the collision with Lewis.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Well there was another 5 second penalty after the race for the incident. But there was no brake check. Both drivers were trying to force the other to be in front for the DRS detection. Max slowed down to let Lewis pass; Lewis refused and matched the slow down, rinse & repeat until Lewis ran into him. Brake check wouldn't make any sense. Even if Max wasn't on track to win at that point, he wouldn't risk something that could leave him as the only one out of the race, not to mention that an intentional brake check isn't even possible without it being irrefutable in the data available to the stewards, FIA, etc.. and a guaranteed penalty of up to loss of all points for the season like Schumi got. Both drivers were being stupid. The only reason Lewis was directly behind instead of the side was so Max couldn't brake hard and Lewis pass before he could react and stay behind.
Umm there was data to prove that max pressed the brakes with 69 bar of pressure (1000 psi) and was issued another 10 second penalty. I think they did that because the penalized him but didn't change anything, because if either driver wins the championship and a penalty was involved to do it, there will be a uproar.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
max is a great driver (probably one of the best in recent times), but he needs some humility that Lewis has. I was rooting for max and checo, since I am bored with Mercedes getting the constructors again and again. Finally this year RedBull had a car on par with Mercedes (even better on certain circuits)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I think they checked Max’s data and he did brake abruptly which caused the collision with Lewis.
You're right. But the reason there wasn't more of a penalty was they felt Lewis was partially at fault for refusing to pass and participating in the who can go slowest competition. So fair penalty. Both were still idiots.

Comical how Lewis claims he stayed behind because he had no idea Max was giving a place back. I don't seem to recall when Lewis or any decent racer refrained from passing under green flags conditions because they didn't know why a car in front was slowing down.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
And people say NASCAR is "Rigged"!!!!!!!!

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
You're right. But the reason there wasn't more of a penalty was they felt Lewis was partially at fault for refusing to pass and participating in the who can go slowest competition. So fair penalty. Both were still idiots.

Comical how Lewis claims he stayed behind because he had no idea Max was giving a place back. I don't seem to recall when Lewis or any decent racer refrained from passing under green flags conditions because they didn't know why a car in front was slowing down.
With all the safety cars he may have thought he’s slowing down for that reason and it didn’t show on the steering wheel. If Max didn’t slam the brakes then Lewis would have just passed him. They should have told Lewis first that Max was going to let him pass instead of telling Max first.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Im a lews fanboi and doesnt bother me to admit it. I believe he will go down as one of the GOATs in F1. I cant stand Max though agree he has a ton of talent. BUT i think both were at fault. both didnt want to be in front by the DRS detection line. they both played games. I think Lewis knew what was going on. Most those drivers have such a grasp on things they are planning laps ahead, pitstops ahead and all. Maybe he was unsure if a yellow was out, he did just get reprimanded for yellows this week. but i think any other time he wouldve blew right by. I do think Max brake check was childish, but if Hamilton wouldve went by no telling what the outcome wouldve been if they were side by side turn 1. LH HAD to win and fastest lap to even points MV just needed to make sure he was behind him, in front of him, or they both didnt finish to take it to the final round.

They both know that max can line up to the grid turn his car straight into LH and he is crowned champion. (no i dont believe Max would do that) but i also know he is not just going to let LH pass without running him off like he almost always does. Like has been mentioned when Max has a faster car that weekend there is no drama between them, only when LH stands a chance is there any type of drama.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Abu Dhabi has a lot of long straights. Let’s see how the Red Bulls fare with that.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
So the whole “brake check” accusation was initiated by Hamilton, his words. Has anybody bothered to actually look at what a real brake check in an F1 car is? It’s sure as fxck not 69bar and 2.x g’s. It’s 6 g’s plus. This is Hamilton’s mo. And it’s funny how Hamilton got a pass for backing up the field to cool Verstsppens tires. Or how Bottas backed up Verstappen to do a double pit. Hamilton knew what was going on when he arseholed Verstappen. Nobody in any race EVER doesn’t go around a slower car In a green flag situation. Anybody else notice how bad Hamilton was worked after the race? He was spent and had to go gather himself together. I don’t blame him for that. Verstappen looked like he was ready to do another race. Masi and the FIA have created an absolute cluster fxck with the regulations and there picking and chosing what and when to enforce it. I won’t even get in to the pitstop bs initiated by Wolf because Merc couldn’t compete. It’s all bs. It should all be decided racing, not being manipulated by those with an agenda.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So the whole “brake check” accusation was initiated by Hamilton, his words. Has anybody bothered to actually look at what a real brake check in an F1 car is? It’s sure as fxck not 69bar and 2.x g’s. It’s 6 g’s plus. This is Hamilton’s mo. And it’s funny how Hamilton got a pass for backing up the field to cool Verstsppens tires. Or how Bottas backed up Verstappen to do a double pit. Hamilton knew what was going on when he arseholed Verstappen. Nobody in any race EVER doesn’t go around a slower car In a green flag situation. Anybody else notice how bad Hamilton was worked after the race? He was spent and had to go gather himself together. I don’t blame him for that. Verstappen looked like he was ready to do another race. Masi and the FIA have created an absolute cluster fxck with the regulations and there picking and chosing what and when to enforce it. I won’t even get in to the pitstop bs initiated by Wolf because Merc couldn’t compete. It’s all bs. It should all be decided racing, not being manipulated by those with an agenda.
Your anti Lewis bias is showing again. It was confirmed that he braked at the last second thereby the ten second penalty.

Max is driving scared. He knows he cannot beat Lewis and Mercedes fair and square so he reverting to his 19 year old self.

So here we go to Abu Dhabi. Wonder what kind of BS Max & Horner will come up with this weekend.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Hello; Max was told to let lewis pass him he slowed to do so. Lewis ran into him. In my world the guy behind is not supposed to run into the guy in front.
So if you watch closely, Max moved to the right side and as Lewis got closer he drifted back to the middle of the track...Lewis had to go evasive left to try to minimize the accident but still could not get around him.

Well there was another 5 second penalty after the race for the incident. But there was no brake check. Both drivers were trying to force the other to be in front for the DRS detection. Max slowed down to let Lewis pass; Lewis refused and matched the slow down, rinse & repeat until Lewis ran into him. Brake check wouldn't make any sense. Even if Max wasn't on track to win at that point, he wouldn't risk something that could leave him as the only one out of the race, not to mention that an intentional brake check isn't even possible without it being irrefutable in the data available to the stewards, FIA, etc.. and a guaranteed penalty of up to loss of all points for the season like Schumi got. Both drivers were being stupid. The only reason Lewis was directly behind instead of the side was so Max couldn't brake hard and Lewis pass before he could react and stay behind.
Drivers of this caliber know when they have been brake checked....happens throughout their career. The telemetry data from Max's car proved this.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Drivers of this caliber know when they have been brake checked....happens throughout their career. The telemetry data from Max's car proved this.
Which I acknowledged many posts ago.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
My thoughts are that when Max brake checked Lewis, he wanted Lewis to crash into him so that Lewis would be a DNF. Then Max would win the race and win the championship. Think about it, why would brake hard when you know your competition is literally right behind you.

Red Bull are probably seeing this as their last chance to take the constructors championship this year. Next year it’ll be Lewis and George in the Mercs. Then you have McLaren and Ferrari becoming more competitive and can possibly start matching Mercs and Red Bulls pace next year more often.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
My thoughts are that when Max brake checked Lewis, he wanted Lewis to crash into him so that Lewis would be a DNF. Then Max would win the race and win the championship. Think about it, why would brake hard when you know your competition is literally right behind you.

Red Bull are probably seeing this as their last chance to take the constructors championship this year. Next year it’ll be Lewis and George in the Mercs. Then you have McLaren and Ferrari becoming more competitive and can possibly start matching Mercs and Red Bulls pace next year more often.
It was definitely a win/win/win scenario...if both cars DNF he keeps the points lead...if Hamilton DNF and he wins the championship is over...even if he got a puncture as long as Hamilton DNF he wins. I am not sure though this much thought went into it. I believe it was an immature reaction based on emotions.

As far as next year I think there is too much uncertainty to know till early season testing.
Sponsored