Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So some penalties were just handed to Verstappen and Bottas for ignoring single and double yellow flags even though the drivers didn’t see them as they weren’t shown in track or in the car.

So now it should be Hamilton, Gasly, Alonso and Norris on the front rows.
Hello; penalties from officials should be even and dished out to all without shades. How can a driver be held responsible if the officials did not show them the yellow flag?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hello; penalties from officials should be even and dished out to all without shades. How can a driver be held responsible if the officials did not show them the yellow flag?
Do the steering wheels have the information?

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
1. Silverstone. Max refuses to lift because he assumed Lewis will. Well Lewis didn't and Max got punted. Lewis either assumed that Max would lift or he just didn't give a shit. Either we they both could have/ should have received penalties. Only Lewis did.
Uh, that's because it was 100% Lewis' fault.

He didn't hold his line, period. Any other lap he'd be right on the curbing. He knew what he was doing.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
LOL, a new car isn't gonna help one of the worst drivers in F1:facepalm:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Well, that was interesting.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just finished watching it in my NJ hotel room (thank you Hulu). What the heck was that? Each race you can’t think it’s going to get stranger…..but it does. I’ll watch the interviews over breakfast.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just finished watching it in my NJ hotel room (thank you Hulu). What the heck was that? Each race you can’t think it’s going to get stranger…..but it does. I’ll watch the interviews over breakfast.
Yeah, I was waiting for both of them to come to a complete stop to make sure the other was still in front at the DRS detection mark. LoL

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Crazy race...very enjoyable.

I do think there should have been a penalty that mattered for the brake check though. That is blatant.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

I do think there should have been a penalty that mattered for the brake check though. That is blatant.
Hello; Max was told to let lewis pass him he slowed to do so. Lewis ran into him. In my world the guy behind is not supposed to run into the guy in front.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Well there was another 5 second penalty after the race for the incident. But there was no brake check. Both drivers were trying to force the other to be in front for the DRS detection. Max slowed down to let Lewis pass; Lewis refused and matched the slow down, rinse & repeat until Lewis ran into him. Brake check wouldn't make any sense. Even if Max wasn't on track to win at that point, he wouldn't risk something that could leave him as the only one out of the race, not to mention that an intentional brake check isn't even possible without it being irrefutable in the data available to the stewards, FIA, etc.. and a guaranteed penalty of up to loss of all points for the season like Schumi got. Both drivers were being stupid. The only reason Lewis was directly behind instead of the side was so Max couldn't brake hard and Lewis pass before he could react and stay behind.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Hello; Max was told to let lewis pass him he slowed to do so. Lewis ran into him. In my world the guy behind is not supposed to run into the guy in front.
I don't usually get involved in here, but yesterday left a sour taste in my mouth. Max blatantly brake checked LH. Don't believe me, believe the telemetry data from Max's car. Stewards agreee, that's why he was given a further penalty.
Sponsored