Formula 1 talk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Great work RedBull in Mexican Grand Prix... Max win Checo third..
I'm super pleased for Checo. Well deserved honor for a great guy. Max did what he was supposed to, get around Bottas. Valterri screwed up royally. He should have never let him get up alongside of him and then braked too late. Max was really fast so I do not know if either Silver Arrow would have won but VB's BS start screwed up the race for him and the others. At this point I wish he would leave now and let George take over the seat.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Not looking good for Mercedes....Bottas seems to never catch a break.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Bottas seems to never catch a break.
Just not good at multi tasking. Between not wanting to block Lewis and not wanting to be banned from racing for taking out Max............

Lewis might regret criticizing Botas. That didn't work out too good for Tom Sykes. Cost him the WSB championship when the teammate he bad mouthed decided to not be a team player in the last race.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Lewis might regret criticizing Botas.
No way. Bottas had one job to do and he failed, miserably. Allowing Max to pass him on the racing line is unforgivable. Honestly he just phoning in these last races.

By the way Bottas not only cost Lewis but his team and Daniel.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No way. Bottas had one job to do and he failed, miserably. Allowing Max to pass him on the racing line is unforgivable. Honestly he just phoning in these last races.

Since Lewis will still need Bottas (barring force majeure) he was stupid to make the comment. Even he knows it because he tried to take it back. Very easy for Bottas to fail to do something Lewis needs to win the championship in some unprovable way. Say locking up a wheel in the last lap of a race trying to take fast lap point from Max and become champion by tie breaker on equal points. Lewis increased the odds of Bottas "failing" him by a factor of 10 with the criticism.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What was Bottasā€™s one job? I donā€™t get this at all. I canā€˜t believe not one commentator brought up if there was a team order to let Hamster through. Bottas didnā€™t do a damn thing wrong. If his job is to play blocker for Hamster then Hamster isnā€™t worth a shxt on his own. If I was Bottas and how Mercedes has treated him, I wouldnā€˜t give to shxtā€™s about those assholes either. Itā€™s really unfortunate how Hamster and Wolf have behaved when things havenā€™t gone there way. There true colors are out front and center and people are finally calling them on it. The fact is none of it mattered, Mercedes simply didnā€™t have the pace to match Verstappen and Redbull in Mexico. As good as Perez did, heā€˜s just slower then Verstappen. Much like it was with Vettel and Weber. Thereā€™s a reason why Rosberg bowed out as well. Itā€™s going to be amusing to listen to all the excuseā€™s next year when Russel gets in the Merc and Hamilton comes up short.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What was Bottasā€™s one job? I donā€™t get this at all. I canā€˜t believe not one commentator brought up if there was a team order to let Hamster through. Bottas didnā€™t do a damn thing wrong. If his job is to play blocker for Hamster then Hamster isnā€™t worth a shxt on his own. If I was Bottas and how Mercedes has treated him, I wouldnā€˜t give to shxtā€™s about those assholes either. Itā€™s really unfortunate how Hamster and Wolf have behaved when things havenā€™t gone there way. There true colors are out front and center and people are finally calling them on it. The fact is none of it mattered, Mercedes simply didnā€™t have the pace to match Verstappen and Redbull in Mexico. As good as Perez did, heā€˜s just slower then Verstappen. Much like it was with Vettel and Weber. Thereā€™s a reason why Rosberg bowed out as well. Itā€™s going to be amusing to listen to all the excuseā€™s next year when Russel gets in the Merc and Hamilton comes up short.
I did not mention Hamilton as my comments were not about him. This is a team sport and Bottas is being paid to be part of this team until the last race. His job was to keep Mercedes in the lead for the constructors championship. Allowing Max to get by him so easily and then getting tapped by DR because of it didn't help the team one bit.

I absolutely guaranty you that George would not have let Max get through. Neither would Rosberg.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Totally agree with @Bikeman315

No matter what he feels towards anyone, his job was to keep the racing line which he gave up instantly...and it was not his first time giving up positions to Max with little effort.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Damn cant believe I didn't know this thread was here.

Ill try to keep up now.

Let's go Mazepin!!!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Unless you are kidding about this I hope this is your first and last post. That man should not be allowed into a racetrack as a spectator. :facepalm::puke:

Kidding. :giggle: Your are entitled to your opinion. Welcome. :like:
I suspect it was a let's go Brandon joke.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Unless you are kidding about this I hope this is your first and last post. That man should not be allowed into a racetrack as a spectator. :facepalm::puke:

Kidding. :giggle: Your are entitled to your opinion. Welcome. :like:
Your too nice, I would have banned first and asked questions later. Were I serious, I would have booted myself.

Although I really want to like Haas, they are technically an American team, I was a Magnusson and Grosejan fan and Gunther is literally pure gold. I love Mick, because his dad was the greatest ever, and I mean that!!!, Mick has some great potential, I'm excited for his future.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Your too nice, I would have banned first and asked questions later. Were I serious, I would have booted myself.

Although I really want to like Haas, they are technically an American team, I was a Magnusson and Grosejan fan and Gunther is literally pure gold. I love Mick, because his dad was the greatest ever, and I mean that!!!, Mick has some great potential, I'm excited for his future.
OK, you had me going there for a moment. Like you I had great hopes for Haas, always like Gene. But after what seems like some early success, reality set in. Watching Grosjean in Indycar really shows just how good of a driver he is. I liked Magnussen too. But the cars just were/are not good enough. Mick shows promise and will get a top tier ride in the not too distant future. Hopefully Nikita will realize F1 isn't for him and get out.

i had great hopes for Andretti Racing buying Sauber but unfortunately that fell through at the last minute.

By the way every F1 team has their name at the top of their logo. Except one.

1636567557699.png

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
OK, you had me going there for a moment. Like you I had great hopes for Haas, always like Gene. But after what seems like some early success, reality set in. Watching Grosjean in Indycar really shows just how good of a driver he is. I liked Magnussen too. But the cars just were/are not good enough. Mick shows promise and will get a top tier ride in the not too distant future. Hopefully Nikita will realize F1 isn't for him and get out.

i had great hopes for Andretti Racing buying Sauber but unfortunately that fell through at the last minute.

By the way every F1 team has their name at the top of their logo. Except one.

1636567557699.png
Great observation I had not noticed that.

I think the Andretti talks aren't over, just on Ice for a bit. I was really looking forward to that.

I wonder how long Nikita will be in that seat, F1 is a Money Talks world, im not saying they aren't good, but look at Latifi and Stroll as well, I am certain a few of the F2 guys are better than them, even Hulkenburg, but Money definately makes that world go around.
Sponsored