Formula 1 talk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Your comments were absolutely about Hamilton. The whole team is basically there for Hamilton, just ask Hamilton. I’m always amazed how people have the blinders on with Merc and Hamilton. It’s ok, it’s more amusing that way. I crack up every time I see his fluffer running beside him when he’s on a scooter. As for Russel not letting Verstappen by, give me a break. He was already past by the time they knew it. And once again, none of it would have mattered, Verstappen had to much pace for Merc, he’d of been gone regardless. Brazil should be fun though, weather will play a factor.

I did not mention Hamilton as my comments were not about him. This is a team sport and Bottas is being paid to be part of this team until the last race. His job was to keep Mercedes in the lead for the constructors championship. Allowing Max to get by him so easily and then getting tapped by DR because of it didn't help the team one bit.

I absolutely guaranty you that George would not have let Max get through. Neither would Rosberg.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah. I have no tolerance for touching a car without its consent.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Great drive. From 20th to 5th then 10th to 1st.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
It is amazing.

Whether you like Hamilton or not, he and Bottas have the same car and Bottas does not deliver like Hamilton does.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lmao, now your quoting Wolf. It’s complete bs, but ok. He started 10th. Lets talk about Merc tellling Botas to let him through. Goat, not by a country mile. There’s only two teams that are at the front. Merc and Redbull. Every one else is 3/4 of a second and up off the pace. Merc is also the team that couldn’t compete on pitstops and comes up with some bs to slow down Redbull. Did you see Senn or Schumacher with a fluffer in tow every where they went?

Overcomes 25 grid penalty spots and wins the race. GOAT!!!!!!!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Lets talk about Merc tellling Botas to let him through. Goat, not by a country mile.
Just gonna comment on this line.

You seriously think Bottas could have kept him from passing anyways? If Max could not you know Bottas could not.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just gonna comment on this line.

You seriously think Bottas could have kept him from passing anyways? If Max could not you know Bottas could not.
Agreed. But in this instance team orders are team orders, period. Does anyone think Red Bull would have let Perez win in Mexico City if Max was in 2nd?

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Plenty of other occasions where other teams told their drivers to swap because another driver is faster. Lewis was faster in Brazil. Although Merc should have told Bottas to pickup the pace earlier to catch up to Max. He was actually catching up to him.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Watching Verstappen’s onboard, he didn’t even attempt to make the corner.
He certainly wouldn't have taken that line if not defending from Hamilton, he didn't make the corner himself. He out braked himself and ran wide (there was no contact) As Hamilton was on his right (he could see him as he was slightly ahead) by definition his action forced Hamilton off the track as Verstappen left the track himself.

There have been plenty of cases where that would result in a penalty. If that had been a gravel trap they would both have probably been out of the race.

There is a rule that a driver must leave room (a car width) for the other driver on the track which Verstappen clearly didn't.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Tell us again who punted Verstappen in to the wall at over a 150mph again? Impact was almost 50 g’s. Your boy Hamilton DID the very thing your attempting to insinuate Verstappen may do. There is only one reason why Rosberg bowed out, and it wasn’t because he just won the championship by beating Hamster.

And this surprises you how? :giggle: Max is an awesome driver but his do or die attitude is going to get him or someone else killed. He has been around long enough now to know this.

and another great surprise........:clap:

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/for...urce=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=campaign

Sponsored