Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Lol. Hope he can find some of that past glory.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Feel horrible for Perez. He deserved better. Hope he gets a ride. But, this is a business so congrats to Seb. Now go kick Ferrari's ass.

Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A brief summary of the Tuscan Grand Prix for anyone who missed it.....

1600013295537.png

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Twelve drivers were officially warned regarding their involvement in the crash on the pit straight. No penalties have been handed out (including any license penalty points) as the stewards decided that no single driver was to blame.

Their statement is below:

"The Stewards conclude that the root cause of this incident was the inconsistent application of throttle and brake, from the final corner along the pit straight, by the above drivers," the bulletin reads. The Stewards acknowledge the challenges the location of the Control Line presents at this circuit and the desire of drivers to take advantage of the restart. However this incident demonstrates the need for caution to be exercised in the restart situation and note that there was an extreme concertina effect which dramatically increased as it moved down the field. We also note that some drivers might have avoided being involved in the incident had they not followed directly behind the car in front. By doing so they effectively blocked off all visibility of what was happening immediately in front of the preceding car. A warning has been imposed as it is the view of the Stewards that no one driver was wholly or predominantly to blame."

The twelve drivers given an official warning are:

• Kevin Magnussen
  • Danill Kvyat
  • Nicholas Latifi
  • George Russell
  • Antonio Giovanazzi
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Lando Norris
  • Alexander Albon
  • Lance Stroll
  • Sergio Perez
  • Daniel Ricciardo
  • Esteban Ocon

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Twelve drivers were officially warned regarding their involvement in the crash on the pit straight. No penalties have been handed out (including any license penalty points) as the stewards decided that no single driver was to blame.

Their statement is below:

"The Stewards conclude that the root cause of this incident was the inconsistent application of throttle and brake, from the final corner along the pit straight, by the above drivers," the bulletin reads. The Stewards acknowledge the challenges the location of the Control Line presents at this circuit and the desire of drivers to take advantage of the restart. However this incident demonstrates the need for caution to be exercised in the restart situation and note that there was an extreme concertina effect which dramatically increased as it moved down the field. We also note that some drivers might have avoided being involved in the incident had they not followed directly behind the car in front. By doing so they effectively blocked off all visibility of what was happening immediately in front of the preceding car. A warning has been imposed as it is the view of the Stewards that no one driver was wholly or predominantly to blame."

The twelve drivers given an official warning are:

• Kevin Magnussen
  • Danill Kvyat
  • Nicholas Latifi
  • George Russell
  • Antonio Giovanazzi
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Lando Norris
  • Alexander Albon
  • Lance Stroll
  • Sergio Perez
  • Daniel Ricciardo
  • Esteban Ocon
What I do not understand is why the drivers in the back weren’t told that Bottas was coming to the line slowly. You hear this all the time from spotters on NASCAR & Indycar. The drivers cannot see anything but the rear wing of the car in front of them. When it goes, they go.

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What I do not understand is why the drivers in the back weren’t told that Bottas was coming to the line slowly. You hear this all the time from spotters on NASCAR & Indycar. The drivers cannot see anything but the rear wing of the car in front of them. When it goes, they go.

On top of that, it's not like these super-late restarts have never been seen before. Brazil last year (October), and every race at Baku (so that's four years) all featured the same stuff, for exactly the same reason. Everybody knew the slipstream into San Donato would be really powerful, and the leader would try to nullify it as much as possible before the race started. Why everyone completely failed at this restart is a mystery to me...

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Not spoiling it for anyone that hasnt watched but... Jesus..... I’ve never seen a wreck like that in modern F1. Im not for or against Romain, but sooooo glad he climbed out of that With relatively minor Burns being reported on his hands... they were just scooping up parts of that car...

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Not spoiling it for anyone that hasnt watched but... Jesus..... I’ve never seen a wreck like that in modern F1. Im not for or against Romain, but sooooo glad he climbed out of that With relatively minor Burns being reported on his hands... they were just scooping up parts of that car...
Haas Racing has had a terrible year.

I'm glad he walked away from the crash.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
F1 fan here! Got the wifey into it as well.

As far as tracks, where have you spectated at? Me personally, I've been to COTA and was going to watch F1 at Silverstone in July (COVID canceled those plans).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I have seen some horrific crashes in Nascar and Indycar but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like this in F1. There were so many ways this could have been far worse. It just wasn’t Romain’s day to leave us. Jules Bianchi was smiling down from heaven on the grid today. If it wasn’t for the halo………….

Also feel terrible for Perez as he was set for his second podium in two races. I have no love for Racing Point. I understand it's just business but what they are doing to Sergio is a crime.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Haas Racing has had a terrible year.

I'm glad he walked away from the crash.
That was insane!
Sponsored