Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Well, coitus! Just read that Hamilton was counciled to NOT support Colin Kapernick during USGP 2017. Now I am pretty sure I don't support whatever Kapernick is crying about, BUTT I do support his right to protest. This is still murica, right? This might be to political, remove as necessary.
Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whoops!

x7mguck3w0a51.png

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hoping for another insane race this weekend. Last one was quite entertaining!

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
EeMl2FBWkAU9aVC?format=png&name=small.png

Sergio Perez has tested positive for COVID-19, and will not take part in the British Grand Prix. Racing Point has a deal with Mercedes to use their reserve drivers, Stoffel Vandoorne and Esteban Gutierrez. Personally, I would take Stoffel, but I believe he's racing in Formule E this weekend, so it looks like it will be Esteban taking over Sergio's seat.

From the Formula One website:

Sergio Perez will not be able to race in this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone after he tested positive for Covid-19.

The Racing Point driver was absent from the circuit on Thursday after self-isolating following what his team called an "inconclusive" test.

But after being re-tested later in the day, it was confirmed he had registered positive for the virus.

"Perez has entered self-quarantine in accordance with the instructions of the relevant public health authorities, and will continue to follow the procedure mandated by those authorities," read a statement issued by Formula 1 and the FIA.

"With assistance of the local organiser of the British Grand Prix, local health authorities and the FIA COVID-19 delegate, a full track and trace initiative has been undertaken and all close contacts have been quarantined.

"The procedures set out by the FIA and Formula 1 have provided for swift containment of an incident that will have no wider impact on this weekend’s event."

Formula 1 is following a strict testing regime as part of the safety protocols put in place when racing resumed earlier this month, and this is the first time a driver has tested positive.

It's understood Racing Point - who confirmed the Mexican driver is "physically well and in good spirits" - intend to still run two car's in this weekend's race, with a revised driver line-up to be announced in due course.

A team spokesperson earlier confirmed a small group of team members that were in contact with Perez were self-isolating as a precaution and being re-tested, as is standard procedure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Such a bummer. He finally has a fast car and now this happens. I hope he kicks it quick tests negative and gets back in the car asap.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I followed F1 on and off for years. I was watching the race where Senna was killed on live TV, it was terribly sad. I love the pit stops in F1. Four tires and gas.....................gone.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I followed F1 on and off for years. I was watching the race where Senna was killed on live TV, it was terribly sad. I love the pit stops in F1. Four tires and gas.....................gone.

Red Bull’s record stop was pretty shocking.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
You know what is so nice about that Red Bull pit stop. The next pit over either way, no one hinders and the guys two pits over pulled the air hoses out of the way for the exit. Ferrari was at least seven years before.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Lewis Hamilton with Toto Wolf is just unbeatable.
0RIdEYG.jpg

Get over it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Decent racing last week.

I give vettel 2 more races before he drives around backwards the whole time.
Isn’t that what what he is doing now? I feel bad for him. Although never a favorite of mine he grew on me as he became older and wiser. I hope he gets a good ride next year and shoves it up Ferrari’s ass.