Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Newey to leave Red Bull over Horner allegations

"Red Bull design chief Adrian Newey is to leave the team in the wake of the controversy involving allegations about team principal Christian Horner."

"Newey’s contract with Red Bull lasts until the end of 2025 but he is said to believe he can negotiate an exit that allows him to work with another team from next season."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cmm3v9ny78eo

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...es-to-leave-red-bull-after-nearly-two-decades

Will Newey join Ferrari? Aston Martin? 🤷‍♀️

I suspect that, during discussions with Hamilton, Ferrari let it be known they were either in pursuit of Newey or had already secured him.

Alonso seems really comfortable at AM and enjoys being with that team. His experience and style with Newey's magic would be great to see.

Will Verstappen leave Red Bull? 🤷‍♂️

I have a sense Verstappen is becoming increasingly annoyed of a lot of things, the dynamics of Horner being one. With Newey leaving, it might be best to simply move on and start anew.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

"Red Bull design chief Adrian Newey is to leave the team in the wake of the controversy involving allegations about team principal Christian Horner."

"Newey’s contract with Red Bull lasts until the end of 2025 but he is said to believe he can negotiate an exit that allows him to work with another team from next season."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...es-to-leave-red-bull-after-nearly-two-decades

I suspect that, during discussions with Hamilton, Ferrari let it be known they were either in pursuit of Newey or had already secured him.

Alonso seems really comfortable at AM and enjoys being with that team. His experience and style with Newey's magic would be great to see.

I have a sense Verstappen is becoming increasingly annoyed of a lot of things, the dynamics of Horner being one. With Newey leaving, it might be best to simply move on and start anew.
If only the on track action were as exciting as the off track action. 🤭

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Yawn. The British media is right on par with a season of the kardcrappians. There’s a reason why Verstappens Dad and Agent aren’t seen around the team any more. They tried orchestrating a coup and it blew up in their face. F1’s capacity for the constant drama and bs is its biggest downside. I’m amazed how many in and around the sport seem to have a feminine product inserted most of the time.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
No way RB lets Newey out his contract early. So, he is there until 2025 whether he is in the garage or not. then at least a 1-year gardening leave, that means 2027 would be the earliest he would be able to start working for another team, 2028 before we will start seeing that car come into fruition. IDK if Newey really wants to stay that long? He has stated before he as at the end of his career.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
This is no place for logical thinking and posts. :computerrage:

No way RB lets Newey out his contract early. So, he is there until 2025 whether he is in the garage or not. then at least a 1-year gardening leave, that means 2027 would be the earliest he would be able to start working for another team, 2028 before we will start seeing that car come into fruition. IDK if Newey really wants to stay that long? He has stated before he as at the end of his career.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Newey is a quiet man who wields a lot of power. My guess is he will get what he wants.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I’d bet it’s just more of the same same. Made up conjecture. I got a big kick out of Max/Merc supposedly basically almost to terms for upwards of roughly 275mil yesterday.

Newey is a quiet man who wields a lot of power. My guess is he will get what he wants.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; An old observation. The races are so boring we resort to this pit lane stuff for something of interest to talk about.
I stumbled on an INDYCAR street type circuit race Sunday. More action in the fifteen to twenty minutes of racing than in two or there F1 races. They were bumping into each other often. Made an impression on me that maybe there are too many rules in F1. Every little thing in F1 is an infraction with a penalty. Before someone corrects me I did not watch the Indy racers long enough to see if penalties were handed out.

Last thoughts. I recorded the MOTO Spanish GP. The sprint and the main race. I do not know the racers but that series is exciting. Happy i set the series to be recorded. I was trying to record the series of motorcycle races in which Kayla Yakoff (sp) is racing. At 14 & 15 she was beating the guys on the even ground of a motorcycle.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Motogp is amazing. Even better in person. F1 could learn a lot from Motogp on how to treat fans. We’ll see if Liberty screws up Motogp now that they bought it.

Hello; An old observation. The races are so boring we resort to this pit lane stuff for something of interest to talk about.
I stumbled on an INDYCAR street type circuit race Sunday. More action in the fifteen to twenty minutes of racing than in two or there F1 races. They were bumping into each other often. Made an impression on me that maybe there are too many rules in F1. Every little thing in F1 is an infraction with a penalty. Before someone corrects me I did not watch the Indy racers long enough to see if penalties were handed out.

Last thoughts. I recorded the MOTO Spanish GP. The sprint and the main race. I do not know the racers but that series is exciting. Happy i set the series to be recorded. I was trying to record the series of motorcycle races in which Kayla Yakoff (sp) is racing. At 14 & 15 she was beating the guys on the even ground of a motorcycle.
Sponsored