Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
For Abu Dhabi 2021, I’m surprised I didn’t hear more teams complain that they couldn’t unlap themselves when only the 3 between Hamilton and Verstappen were allowed to. I mean they were still racing for points. No chance of gaining more when the cars ahead could end up being behind you and now you’re a lap down.
Lol, you gonna bring up some old wounds. We all know Lewis is really an 8 time champion. :)
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For Abu Dhabi 2021, I’m surprised I didn’t hear more teams complain that they couldn’t unlap themselves when only the 3 between Hamilton and Verstappen were allowed to. I mean they were still racing for points. No chance of gaining more when the cars ahead could end up being behind you and now you’re a lap down.
No one had time to complain because no one actually knew what was happening. But, honestly, this is ancient history at this point and not worth rehashing.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Not trying to rehash anything or beat a dead horse. Just saying if you’re racing for the most points that you can get and you’re a lower tier team, I’d be pissed.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Also, the Andretti denial. What a joke. Andretti would bring value to themselves and F1, but they’re okay with a having team named VISA CASH APP RB! Just get rid of the VISA CASH APP RB team and let Andretti in. I mean it’s technically 9 teams since RB has 2 teams. Mercedes, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc aren’t running 2 teams.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Also, the Andretti denial. What a joke. Andretti would bring value to themselves and F1, but they’re okay with a having team named VISA CASH APP RB! Just get rid of the VISA CASH APP RB team and let Andretti in. I mean it’s technically 9 teams since RB has 2 teams. Mercedes, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc aren’t running 2 teams.
Hello; This makes sense. I confess to so far ignoring news of the Andretti bid to have a team. Appears to be just as well since it seems it will not happen. Without knowing the whys and all i do not see a problem having another team. I would like to have another engine builder in the mix at any rate.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Completely agree, and complete bs. He’s met the criteria, and should be a done deal. It’s racing, not frick’n Augusta and balls and sticks. :cwl:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
First, that’s awesome. Not a Merc fan but I’m getting that for my boys. They love legos.
Second, what changed with Seb? I’ve never really seen him come off as arrogant. He’s always been a good guy first off the track, not giving two shxts about pr and the drama. I will say the reborn crock wearing tree hugger isn’t a plus for me. Lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
First, that’s awesome. Not a Merc fan but I’m getting that for my boys. They love legos.
Second, what changed with Seb? I’ve never really seen him come off as arrogant. He’s always been a good guy first off the track, not giving two shxts about pr and the drama. I will say the reborn crock wearing tree hugger isn’t a plus for me. Lol.
Yeah I’m getting it too, for me. But I’m sure my grandson will want to help.

Honestly, I do not remember why I disliked Seb so much. Probably because he was winning so much. :giggle: What I do remember are his starts. He pulled half a lap ahead of the field on the first lap. Not even Max does that.

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Thoughts?

1706967070905.png
Hmm, maybe maybe not. Has he learned enough from Hamilton to be able to be competitive and not make the same rookie mistakes in the Mercedes if they can make a competitive this time around? Is Mercedes willing to take that chance or sign someone who’s a proven winner? Alonso? Sainz? Ricciardo? Honestly I don’t know who’s contract is up at the end of the year so just throwing out names. Would love to see Vettel come back and into the Mercedes but he probably wants to still play with bees.

I feel bad and sad for Mick though. Has the name but not the experience. You can tell he really wanted his dad to be there when he started racing to learn from him. However he did get the next best thing by being with Mercedes and learning from Hamilton.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Mercedes fans unnerved by how Lewis Hamilton's Ferrari move panned out - "They didn't show much faith in him" (msn.com)

Hello; seems LH wanted a three year contract from MB. They only offered a 1+1 contract. Not sure but seem to recall he now has a multi year contract with Ferrari. No idea of the monies. He may have snookered Ferrari pretty good. May turn out like the guy who wound up with my first ex-wife. The having not as good as he imagined.

For a time i thought Lewis might be like a Hollywood type celebrity. The sort who cannot stand no longer being in the limelight. Thought he was puling another stunt to keep from fading away from sight. I may have been wrong. He may have worked a great money deal.

We will soon see but picture the bosses at Ferrari during the coming 23 season if Lewis continues to fall further behind his teammate in the MB on the tracks.

Wonder how the sale of LH MB gear will go with fans this season?

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Mercedes fans unnerved by how Lewis Hamilton's Ferrari move panned out - "They didn't show much faith in him" (msn.com)

Hello; seems LH wanted a three year contract from MB. They only offered a 1+1 contract. Not sure but seem to recall he now has a multi year contract with Ferrari. No idea of the monies. He may have snookered Ferrari pretty good. May turn out like the guy who wound up with my first ex-wife. The having not as good as he imagined.

For a time i thought Lewis might be like a Hollywood type celebrity. The sort who cannot stand no longer being in the limelight. Thought he was puling another stunt to keep from fading away from sight. I may have been wrong. He may have worked a great money deal.

We will soon see but picture the bosses at Ferrari during the coming 23 season if Lewis continues to fall further behind his teammate in the MB on the tracks.

Wonder how the sale of LH MB gear will go with fans this season?
I thought it was Lewis who made the 1+1. I can’t see Mercedes being the ones to make a contract like that. From the various rumours I’ve read, the Ferrari deal is close to 100M per year. Not sure if that’s the just for F1 or part of it is to fund Hamilton’s side projects.
Sponsored