Sponsored

Fore Level 2 vs. Level 3

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Looking to pick up a fuel system for my d-1x kit. Call me a noob here but I'm not sure how the logistics of things would change between these two.

Level 3: The feed line enters our F4i regulator, then distribution lines feed to the rear of both fuel rails. The front of both fuel rails are plugged.

Level 2: The feed line run the fuel rails in series and terminates with our stainless/ceramic valve F2i fuel pressure regulator.

Is there one preferred over the other in regards to location of the regulator?
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Parallel:
- Feed line splits at a Y block to feed both rails from the back, then the front of the rails go to each side of your regulator. This is called running the rails in parallel and is the most ideal method of plumbing your system.

In Series:
- Feed line goes into the back of one rail, the front of this rail then got to the other banks rail, then the other end of this second rail go to the regulator(the second port on regulator is capped). This method is less than ideal, not bad, just not ideal(parallel is always ideal)

Deadhead:
- The feed line is ran to the regulators(side doesn't matter), the opposing side of the regulator is then ran to you fuel rail inlet, the end of the fuel rails are capped). This is the cheapest and most economical way of routing a system, but the lesser of ideal methods.

pardon any typos, I'm not going back to spell check

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Parallel:
- Feed line splits at a Y block to feed both rails from the back, then the front of the rails go to each side of your regulator. This is called running the rails in parallel and is the most ideal method of plumbing your system.

In Series:
- Feed line goes into the back of one rail, the front of this rail then got to the other banks rail, then the other end of this second rail go to the regulator(the second port on regulator is capped). This method is less than ideal, not bad, just not ideal(parallel is always ideal)

Deadhead:
- The feed line is ran to the regulators(side doesn't matter), the opposing side of the regulator is then ran to you fuel rail inlet, the end of the fuel rails are capped). This is the cheapest and most economical way of routing a system, but the lesser of ideal methods.

pardon any typos, I'm not going back to spell check
Thank you sir! I did a bit of research and I guess that changes things a bit because the level 2 system is regulator after the rail (more ideal) versus before the rail for the stage 3. Hm.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
You'll want the L2 or the L4, the L3 does work, but if you're spending that kind of cash, just get the one that lets you plumb the system in the most ideal way possible
Sponsored