Sponsored

Ford's warranty friendly Ecoboost tune?

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Photo of article or link because I have not heard of such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus one. I know that the tune for the RS will be more aggressive, but that leaves me to wonder if they changed parts in the head.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Photo of article or link because I have not heard of such thing.

Same here - any links?

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
ford options

I've heard about a Ford free tune update also. But when I asked my dealer about it and they didn't know anything about it and gave me one of those "yea right, dream on" looks. Would be sweet though if manufacturers would simply issue updated tunes for vehicles to improve hp and mileage. --- Ditto me on that magnatorheleogical shock option and while your at it, throw in a sew of those carbon fiber wheels. Anybody read the Febuary 2016 issue of Car & Driver where they tested acceleration and coast down on aluminum vs carbon fiber wheels on the same vehicle. Damn they make a real difference in performance (1.2 seconds when accelerating from 30 to 130; .9 seconds improvement in top gear 30 - 50 pull). Too bad you have to mortgage the house to buy a set.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I think it's crazy to pay $1400 for a tune file, it's not even a device...... And it's very conservative, for $1400 you can almost get the Vargas stage 1 turbo.... Just saying I think these ford racing and roush are a joke for the price. $500 would be ideal, $1400 is ludacris when anyone from tune + or Bama or unleashed would smoke your car. Just my 2 cents.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I heard (and read on C/D) that the tune was a factory update, NOT a Ford Racing/whatever BS, but an actual TSB-like upgrade for EB owners that is FREE!

This engine was sandbagged from the start, I think Ford owes EB owners
No idea if this is true but it would be smart on Ford's part. This way, they keep (more) control of what is running on their engines and satisfy people like me who are 90%, diminishing returns guys. Plus, they keep a safety margin they are comfortable with. I wonder if this has anything to do with the New Focus RS which will have 350HP stock. I bet Ford realizes that they will destroy EB Mustang sales if they don't at least keep up with a Focus.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
It will get blown out of the water by every other aftermarket tune. I have a suspicion that it will be much like the Cobb off-the-shelf tune with lots of extra torque down low and absolutely nothing up top

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
IT is a 4 cylinder . Where do you think top end torque wòuld come from ?

Given that I have owned the Ecoboost Mustang for 8 months and have only added a staggered wheel set up ..I am far from being the expert here ..I do have quite a few years of study into the field of mechanical sciences . I do enjoy researching innovative ideas at lengths ..

As far as this so called tune from Ford ..don't hold your breath .
Fiction comes in all kinds of forms and you usually have to pay for IT !

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Given that I have owned the Ecoboost Mustang for 8 months and have only added a staggered wheel set up ..I am far from being the expert here ..I do have quite a few years of study into the field of mechanical sciences . I do enjoy researching innovative ideas at lengths ..

Map tune gave mine a hell of a top end, though that is also taking advantage of the downpipe freeing up flow.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
So when are you going to pop your 2.3 Glenn ?

I am not going to wait around .

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
It will get blown out of the water by every other aftermarket tune. I have a suspicion that it will be much like the Cobb off-the-shelf tune with lots of extra torque down low and absolutely nothing up top

Honestly, I don't care if some other tune puts down 5 or 10 more HP at 5500 rpm. I never drive the car in that range. If Ford gives us 350 like in the Focus and it is a free TSB type update, that would be perfect for most people. Will I pay for it? Probably not. At that point I will go aftermarket.

Sponsored

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang

What do you mean "so called tune." If they have tunes for the other cars and it's a known fact that Ford will be releasing a tune for the Ecoboost Mustang... How is it fiction?

Hostility and pessimism is abundant around here.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Will you post the link where you found out that ford is coming out with an update for our cars please? I have not seen it, but would def love to read about it thanks

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Honestly, I don't care if some other tune puts down 5 or 10 more HP at 5500 rpm. I never drive the car in that range. If Ford gives us 350 like in the Focus and it is a free TSB type update, that would be perfect for most people. Will I pay for it? Probably not. At that point I will go aftermarket.
I could be mistaken but I don't think they get to 350 rwhp with the RS just on revised cpu tune

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
focus ST

According to Autoweek, "the (Focus) twin-scroll turbo 2.3-liter EcoBoost makes 350 hp". That's 350 at the flywheel. Given the weight advantage of the Focus RS, it should kick a stock EcoBoost Mustang's ass unless that EcoBoost Mustang has a really good tune and the usual bolt ons.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So when are you going to pop your 2.3 Glenn ?

I am not going to wait around .
August 7th 2020 if you must know

Seems to me, all EB failures so far have been due to owners flooring it in high gears. Since I absolutely never go wot <4k rpm unless I'm in 3rd or less I hope to prevent the conditions where lspi is prevalent.

I keep my Cobb ap mounted permanently and Adam's tune shows basically 0 knock when driven hard. The stock tune showed more.
Sponsored