Sponsored

Ford's warranty friendly Ecoboost tune?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I think lspi is only in 6th if I'm correct, shouldn't be an issue in 3rd gear...... I would find it hard to believe for manufactured a car you can't floor in 3rd, that being said 6th gear is a tall gear and all lspi issues I read are from not downshifting from 6th to 5th and just mashing the gas pedal.
Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
According to Autoweek, "the (Focus) twin-scroll turbo 2.3-liter EcoBoost makes 350 hp". That's 350 at the flywheel. Given the weight advantage of the Focus RS, it should kick a stock EcoBoost Mustang's ass unless that EcoBoost Mustang has a really good tune and the usual bolt ons.
Exactly... that's why I wouldn't be surprised if Ford did come out with a factory revision to at least get the Mustang up to Focus HP. I don't think the RS is available with an automatic so the Mustang might be competitive in a drag race if they had the same HP. But the weight difference is pretty big.

Heck, the RS might be knocking on a GT's door at those numbers and after a tune... well, that would be embarrassing.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
I've tried to rationalize how it makes sense to get a tune package from Ford if that price point is anywhere near accurate and it just won't compute. It makes zero sense to not give it out for free as a "sorry we fucked you by sandbagging your car for no reason" apology. I wouldn't pay for that at all.

I can't think of who buys a car like this without wanting to play with it. Soccer dads? Republicans? Idk. I'll stick with Adam.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I've tried to rationalize how it makes sense to get a tune package from Ford if that price point is anywhere near accurate and it just won't compute. It makes zero sense to not give it out for free as a "sorry we fucked you by sandbagging your car for no reason" apology. I wouldn't pay for that at all.

I can't think of who buys a car like this without wanting to play with it. Soccer dads? Republicans? Idk. I'll stick with Adam.
Is Adam a democrat? lol.

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0

Sponsored

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I thought the tune was estimated at 595. Where is 1,400 coming from...??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Also be aware that when it's released the 3yr - 36k warranty begins upon dealer installation and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. So the only way you'll get 3 36 is if you install it when you take delivery of your vehicle.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I thought the tune was estimated at 595. Where is 1,400 coming from...??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The roush tune is 1400 $ 400 for the tune, $500 for the warranty and $500 for dealer install.

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Roush Flash Packs

I looked on the Roush Performance Parts web page and found this. To find out more, go to their website.

Roush EcoBoost Flash Pack ($399)
"Calibration is flashed using free Rousch RDT software using industry standard J2534 interface tools. Calibration is for 91 octane fuel. Dyno shows 42hp and 35 lbs-ft." The Level II Power Pack includes the Flash Pack, Roush axle back exhaust, and Roush CAI and is dynoed, by Roush, as adding "60 HP and 51 lbs. ft. of torque". Level II power pack = "$1169.00". "Optional powertrain warranty must be purchased within 30 days of installation."

IMO the Flash Pack and Level II Power Packs are pretty good deals by themselves, but when you add the dealer install and the "optional limited warranty" to the cost, it gets crazy. If you just forget the warranty and can get a dealer to install the Flash Pack at a realistic rate based upon the time it takes the technician to install it, which shouldn't take that long, it still might be a reasonable deal. But, that all depends upon finding a dealer who won't charge some blown up exorbitant price. I particularly like the fact that the Flash Pack is gauged for 91 octane fuel. The closest 93 octane fuel pump to me is 65 miles away across the Missouri state line. I've searched all over the Topeka/Lawrence/Manhattan, KS areas and noone sells 93. You have to mix up an expensive race fuel/91 octane blend here to get 93.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I looked on the Roush Performance Parts web page and found this. To find out more, go to their website.

Roush EcoBoost Flash Pack ($399)
"Calibration is flashed using free Rousch RDT software using industry standard J2534 interface tools. Calibration is for 91 octane fuel. Dyno shows 42hp and 35 lbs-ft." The Level II Power Pack includes the Flash Pack, Roush axle back exhaust, and Roush CAI and is dynoed, by Roush, as adding "60 HP and 51 lbs. ft. of torque". Level II power pack = "$1169.00". "Optional powertrain warranty must be purchased within 30 days of installation."

IMO the Flash Pack and Level II Power Packs are pretty good deals by themselves, but when you add the dealer install and the "optional limited warranty" to the cost, it gets crazy. If you just forget the warranty and can get a dealer to install the Flash Pack at a realistic rate based upon the time it takes the technician to install it, which shouldn't take that long, it still might be a reasonable deal. But, that all depends upon finding a dealer who won't charge some blown up exorbitant price. I particularly like the fact that the Flash Pack is gauged for 91 octane fuel. The closest 93 octane fuel pump to me is 65 miles away across the Missouri state line. I've searched all over the Topeka/Lawrence/Manhattan, KS areas and noone sells 93. You have to mix up an expensive race fuel/91 octane blend here to get 93.
Don't you get E85 out there in the midwest?

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
So you think $600 is reasonable for a conservative tune that's not warrantied???? Using software and not even s tool that you can have revisions with? Why not just go with one of the respected tuner guys?

mahyarv14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So you think $600 is reasonable for a conservative tune that's not warrantied???? Using software and not even s tool that you can have revisions with? Why not just go with one of the respected tuner guys?
I agree. That seems very high. Many people were holding out so that the tune is warranty friendly. Well, if you want warranty, you gotta shell out another $500. It would probably end up being close to $1000 for a tune+warranty+installation

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Roush Flash Pack

With the Flash Pack at $399 and if the dealer install is reasonably priced, say $75, it wouldn't be such a bad deal and like I said I'd be running the car on 91 octane all the time anyway. That's competitive with other tunes, but you're right, I wouldn't get all the benefits of having a tuner.-- The reason I still don't just write it off is that possibly, given Roush's affiliation with Ford, the wide engine mapping data base they have access to through Ford, and the fact that they sell modified Roush Mustangs through Ford dealers and need them to be reliable, maybe it's a little safer bet.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I talked to the sakes guy, he even couldn't find a reason for me to buy it lol

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Sales guy