Sponsored

Ford's warranty friendly Ecoboost tune?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Wasn't Ford's warranty friendly tune supposed to be available for the Ecoboost by the end of 2015? Ford's only got about 5 hours to make good on this. Seriously does anyone know when this will be available?
Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
my car came with a stock tune
please don't drink and drive lol

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
my car came with a stock tune
please don't drink and drive lol
LOL. I meant the optional Ford tune for the Ecoboost, not the factory tune. Which I'm sure you already knew.

Thread title updated to more accurately represent the question.

Rascalrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP Prem.
When I called in October the guy I talked to said 1st quarter 2016!

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
This seems to always fall on deaf ears but the Ford racing tune is only sorta warranty friendly. Power train goes from 6/60 to 3/36 and ONLY if dealer installs. Also if something goes wrong there is only coverage up to a certain dollar value then. I had the Ford tune on my ST and it was just okay. Once heatsoak hit after about 3 hard pulls and the intercooler could not keep up, it pulls power quick.

Sponsored

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
1st quarter 2016. Was suppose to be December. But, "supposedly" it's delayed because the people at Ford didn't want to be outdone by other tuners. True or not, that's what I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Ford Warrantied tune

I can't help but think that if Ford puts out a tune they'll warranty for 3yrs, 36,000 miles, they'll do it very similarly to what Roush has recently started doing. Based on the thread I read on this forum from a guy who looked into it, buying the Roush tune went something like this. $400 for the tune - $500 for the warranty - $500 for the dealer install which is necessary for them to honor the warranty. That's $1400. What a bargain!!! Business wise, Roush just may have a potential gold mine going here if enough people actually turn off their brains and pay all this for the tune. If less than one of 15 of their tuned vehicles blows up within three years or 36,000 miles, they also make money off the warranties as well as the tunes. Damn, why didn't I think of that? Don't mean to bash Roush though, it's not crooked, it's business savy and they've built some really good aftermarket Mustangs in recent years. Their suspension people are especially good.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Danzo I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. The roush tune is a joke, as well as the ford racing tune, that's what your saying correct?

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Roush tune

I'm not necessarily saying the Roush tune itself is a joke. It might be a very good, safe tune. I would guess that Roush could get enough internal information through Ford to make up a safe tune, along with the knowledge of their own technicians. The reported increases in HP and TQ of the Roush tune are what they are. Some tunes make more, some tunes make less. What I'm criticizing is the expense to get a tune, the warranty, and the dealer technician installation necessary to get the warranty. That's how, I've read over and over, Ford intends to offer theirs and it will also be expensive as hell if they do so. I have to think though that no reputable Ford dealer would charge $500 for a tune installation, which is what was reported by the person who looked into getting the Roush tune. Maybe that dealer is crooked or maybe they were just trying to blow him off or talk him out of it. Who knows. I also think you're probably better off just spending your money on a very good, safe, moderate tune from a reputable tuner and taking the risk of going without the warranty. These tuned cars from reputable tuners aren't blowing up right and left and there are other things you can spend the money you save by going in a direction other than the warranty, on items which can help assure the longevity of the engine, like an oil separator kit, a good synthetic engine oil, first tier gasoline, and an improved intercooler. Hell, that 3 yrs, 36,000 miles can be up in no time and then you're on your own anyway. Also, you have to consider that the warranty offered is labeled a LIMITED warranty. I would suggest that anyone know exactly what those limitations are before investing $500 in such a warranty. If you're really worried about longevity, and your personal reasons may be very valid, it may be best to forego the tune and just go as far as you can with bolt ons which don't require one. But if you are a person who is absolutely going to get a tune, I say spin the bottle and go for it now, the risks don't look to be that high, especially since the good tuners have now had a year to perfect their wares.

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
There should be a way to neg people on this site. Like a reputation system.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I want the Mag Ride System ...you guys keep ur tunes ...

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I heard (and read on C/D) that the tune was a factory update, NOT a Ford Racing/whatever BS, but an actual TSB-like upgrade for EB owners that is FREE!

This engine was sandbagged from the start, I think Ford owes EB owners

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
And yes, I want Mag shocks too! If that was a standalone option Ford could have considered that box checked off even before I chose a premium

show7ime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I heard (and read on C/D) that the tune was a factory update, NOT a Ford Racing/whatever BS, but an actual TSB-like upgrade for EB owners that is FREE!

This engine was sandbagged from the start, I think Ford owes EB owners

Photo of article or link because I have not heard of such thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored