Ford's warranty friendly Ecoboost tune?

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Aren't the tune form COBB or SCT 'delete-able' , and there is no way for ford to know if you flashed the engine? I don't see why would anyone go for a more expensive tune ...
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Aren't the tune form COBB or SCT 'delete-able' , and there is no way for ford to know if you flashed the engine? I don't see why would anyone go for a more expensive tune ...
Ignition counter resets after every flash it's believed. If you bring a 10000 mile car into the dealer with 4 cycles, they'll know.

Filli_at

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
Ignition counter resets after every flash it's believed. If you bring a 10000 mile car into the dealer with 4 cycles, they'll know.
i believe i remember reading the ignition counter resets with removing the battery cables that's hearsay though

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Mine has been in service multiple times and I have loaded at least 50 different tune revisions and my turbo was replaced under warranty no issues whatsoever, and all I did was unhook the battery.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ford can tell if the ECU has been flashed if they look hard enough. They probably only really look if it's related to engine failures.

Sponsored

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
rorush tune install cost

I talked to Thoroughbred Ford in KC, MO. today and they told me that the Roush tuning flash pack install takes about 1.5 hours at $120 per hour shop hour for labor, or about $180. The tune + the install would be $580 without the warranty. They offer three alternatives. The Flash Pack, costs $400 and includes just the tune (adds 42 hp and 35 ft.lbs according to Roush). Level I, is the Flash Pack plus the Roush CAI for $765 (adds 51 hp and 45 ft. lbs., according to Roush) The Level II includes the flash pack plus the CAI, plus the Roush axle back exhaust for $1170 (adds 60 hp and 51 ft. lbs according to Roush). The warranty by Roush for the Flash Pack, I have been told is another $500. The Level II (flash back, Roush CAI, Roush Axle Back) without the warranty costs $1170. With install would be $1350 for parts and install. If you buy a X4/SFR tuner, a Roush axle back, and a Roush CAI from American Muscle the total cost would be $1327. Which is fairly comparable. However, you wouldn't have the tuner and all its benefits. If you're someone who has decided to not tune unless there is a warranty of some sort for the engine, this is the only game in town as of this time. I'm not holding my breath for Ford any more.

danzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
ford verification of a special ecoboost tune

I've never heard of an official verification one way or the other from a Ford official. All I have heard over the past year is from Mustang forums contributors who said a special performance package was suposed to be coming, last sumer and then by the end of 2015.

Mike Delo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP European specs
Back in December a Ford Performance expert who I chatted with on their website told me that the official kit would have been released in the beginning of the first quarter of 2016...who knows!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Triple Yellow Ecoboost Premium
Well it's winter here in ohio so I can wait to see how all of this tuner stuff turns out. The Ford limited warranty covers 3yrs/36,000 or until your original new vehicle warranty is over. I think it's well worth waiting out the winter to see what ford releases and then choosing a tune.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Well it's winter here in ohio so I can wait to see how all of this tuner stuff turns out. The Ford limited warranty covers 3yrs/36,000 or until your original new vehicle warranty is over. I think it's well worth waiting out the winter to see what ford releases and then choosing a tune.
Again this is open for many debates, but if you take the time to read all the posts on here about the different after market guys like unleashed, Bama, tune+ for what you get with the price and also perfect drive ability and power, ford can't touch or compete with them in my opinion. A lot of these guys, me included are running 18,000 miles strong on tunes and have been to dealers and flashed back with no issues. I have yet to hear anyone really talk about any horror stories that their dealership denied them warranty work or found out they had a tune. Fords tune, plus the cost of install, plus the cost of warranty will be very exspensive. Sort of like what roush is doing. Not only exspensive but ultra conservative. I mean hey to each his own, but if I had a choice to pay $800 for balls to the wall power and TQ and run in the 12's for the 1/4 vs paying $1200 or whatever for fords package and minimum gains, I would and most people would opt for the latter. I just think people need to realize tuning these cars is nothing new and if you do your research and pick one of those or even Lund or something, they would be very very happy. Plus with the extra $$$$ u can buy some other great mods!!!!!! Good luck all!!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
True, and on top of that, I wonder if Ford will just update the EB in the Mustang to meet power output in the new Focus RS 350HP. I'd be good with that.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
True, and on top of that, I wonder if Ford will just update the EB in the Mustang to meet power output in the new Focus RS 350HP. I'd be good with that.

The Focus RS isn't at 350 just from a tune, it has a whole different turbo and some engine internals, cams so on so forth.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Triple Yellow Ecoboost Premium
Again this is open for many debates, but if you take the time to read all the posts on here about the different after market guys like unleashed, Bama, tune+ for what you get with the price and also perfect drive ability and power, ford can't touch or compete with them in my opinion. A lot of these guys, me included are running 18,000 miles strong on tunes and have been to dealers and flashed back with no issues. I have yet to hear anyone really talk about any horror stories that their dealership denied them warranty work or found out they had a tune. Fords tune, plus the cost of install, plus the cost of warranty will be very exspensive. Sort of like what roush is doing. Not only exspensive but ultra conservative. I mean hey to each his own, but if I had a choice to pay $800 for balls to the wall power and TQ and run in the 12's for the 1/4 vs paying $1200 or whatever for fords package and minimum gains, I would and most people would opt for the latter. I just think people need to realize tuning these cars is nothing new and if you do your research and pick one of those or even Lund or something, they would be very very happy. Plus with the extra $$$$ u can buy some other great mods!!!!!! Good luck all!!
I agree. If it is not a good buy price-wise I wouldn't waste the money on it. I will admit I am timid to put any engine mods on during the warranty period, but that's probably unwarranted.