Sponsored

Ford's future?

Will you buy a Ford electric vehicle in the next couple years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Do you think the electric car market will bring Ford new wealth and help its stock be able to push out of the junk category? Or do you think all the billions spent on new electric vehicles, while cars for the American market disappear is yet another sign of trouble for the auto maker?
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Do you think the electric car market will bring Ford new wealth and help its stock be able to push out of the junk category? Or do you think all the billions spent on new electric vehicles, while cars for the American market disappear is yet another sign of trouble for the auto maker?
All I know is Ford just put the 2020 Super duty up and I can price and build my new truck with the 7.3 litre gas engine and I am sporting wood. :clap:

We don't need no stinkin' electric cars!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford is absolutely right to go after the electric market in a big way.

the Mach E is exciting.

the use of the name “Mustang” on an SUV is complete garbage. It’s bad enough to use a trim name. But the actual Mustang badge? It’s the equivalent to using the Expedition badge on a Focus.

there are better ways to market this thing. It’s cool looking and is a bold move into the future. But it’s also a slap in the face to both the present and the future.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
help its stock be able to push out of the junk category?
The only way to get the stock over $10 is to to put 'blockchain' in the name, fire union workforce and go all temp workers, and hire the McDonnell Douglas management team away from Boeing (hey, it worked before, and Boeing can murder 300 people and their stock keeps going up!). Oh they should also do a leveraged buyout of Santander and GE capital. Nothing spells success like vendor financing.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Going electric is the right move the Mach E will be the first of many from Ford. I agree that they shouldn't have put the Mustang name on it but Ford is not going to rename it. And by the way Ford is in a lot better shape than the public perceives and will be around for a long time.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Going electric is the right move the Mach E will be the first of many from Ford. I agree that they shouldn't have put the Mustang name on it but Ford is not going to rename it. And by the way Ford is in a lot better shape than the public perceives and will be around for a long time.
ford is healthy. They have been and will continue to be.
They were the only one of the big 3 that didn’t NEED bailout money, but asked for a loan anyway. Hey, if the other guys are getting a leg up, it would be unfair otherwise.

the stick is reflective of the stock market, which fluctuates based on a number of factors, some legit and some just plain stupid. All of it Manipulated. Most of it is based on your word, perception.

Heck, Apple was absolutely destroying its competitors for years in profit. But public perception couldn’t get past Windows 95 winning that ancient war. Only in recent years has Apple started being perceived as the stronghold that it has been. Ford is a company that is fairly nimble for such a large enterprise. They had served them well. And the fact that it can take big risks, such as going big in electric and SUV, is indicative of a company with room to try things. That’s a sign of robust health.
The stock market will wake up. But only after some old heads are out of influence.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
ford is healthy. They have been and will continue to be.
They were the only one of the big 3 that didn’t NEED bailout money, but asked for a loan anyway. Hey, if the other guys are getting a leg up, it would be unfair otherwise.

the stick is reflective of the stock market, which fluctuates based on a number of factors, some legit and some just plain stupid. All of it Manipulated. Most of it is based on your word, perception.

Heck, Apple was absolutely destroying its competitors for years in profit. But public perception couldn’t get past Windows 95 winning that ancient war. Only in recent years has Apple started being perceived as the stronghold that it has been. Ford is a company that is fairly nimble for such a large enterprise. They had served them well. And the fact that it can take big risks, such as going big in electric and SUV, is indicative of a company with room to try things. That’s a sign of robust health.
The stock market will wake up. But only after some old heads are out of influence.
:like:

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
But it’s also a slap in the face to both the present and the future.
Please elaborate specifically why this is a flap in the face.

1sml

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I will never buy an electric car!the sound of my 2014 GT500 is amazing! :like:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: nrc

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Thank you for the laugh today.
es8w1qn29m70b0e4wmtv.GIF
We will have to agree to disagree.
Are they nimble? Not really. But nimble for a huge company? Yes. I believe so.
They’ve made some sudden shifts and that takes agility.

do I agree with the direction? Partially. But I see some nearsighted flaws as well.

mans by the way, please never use that guys GIFs again. I almost threw up.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
No, not in the next few years. Maybe many years down the road but I will wait for them to get all the bugs worked out first

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I will never buy an electric car!the sound of my 2014 GT500 is amazing! :like:
mid eventually buy an electric car. There is still a “tech demo” feel to even the best of them right now.

But in about two years, I’d go for it - as a second vehicle.

as for a performance car, give me a force inductee v8 with traction and a lightning quick DCT. Need that internal combustion going on.

the way of the future for the Mustang is NOT the Mach E. That’s just stupid.

The Mach E is a cool E-SUV in its own right, but it’s not a Mustang. At all. Regardless of how much the board pressures Pericak et al to placate the faithful.

and a Shelby version? LOL

SHELBY Pep Boys Add ons is as far as it will go. Maybe they’ll install som Ford suspension parts. But What is Shelby going to do? Build their own batteries? Electric motors? We all know that even the current shelbys are simply branded Fords. But the Shelby name plus the Mustang name is all wrong in this SUV.

ELECTRIC ASSIST on a booster v8? Yep. AWD. That will be fine in a Mustang too. DCT. Yep.

But it needs to be a... CAR. Not a crossover. Not an SUV. Not a boat. Not a truck.

Long hood, short deck CAR.

WHATS SCARY is how the Ford guy was saying that this vehicle ensures the Mustang name lives on. So it sounds like Ford is killing the actual Mustang Nd just giving some other product the name so that the pretend Mustang can at least be called a Mustang and the badge doesn’t die.

It’s like the Mustang 2 all over again.

someone please fire Jim. Pronto.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No. performance 0-60 isnt good enough.
For 68k, I'd rather have the utility of the ciber truck, not to mention it's better 0-60 and 14,000 lb towing capacity. looks like a wedge, but I can get used to it. it's like nothing out. The mach E.... would have been better without using cues from the mustang. be original...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We will have to agree to disagree.
Are they nimble? Not really. But nimble for a huge company? Yes. I believe so.
They’ve made some sudden shifts and that takes agility.

do I agree with the direction? Partially. But I see some nearsighted flaws as well.

mans by the way, please never use that guys GIFs again. I almost threw up.
They give people a fake sense of agility because they can throw money at things, and have huge cash reserves right now. Trust me, they are not in any way agile. Their processes put their engineers in boxes and their product strategy and much of their marketing team are nearly useless. A few years there is enough to understand Ford.
Sponsored