FordPass Connect Attorney General Response

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

• I have followed the advice and filed a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General as well as the Michigan BBB. If enough of us file the complaint with the Michigan Attorney General maybe something will be done.

• This is what I sent to the Michigan Attorney General, FTC and the Michigan BBB.

• I purchased a 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt on 10/10/2019. The Mustang Bullitt is a
    limited edition performance pack 1, power pack 1, Ford Mustang GT Premium with
    a unique paint color and badge delete. According to Ford's printed and website
    marketing and advertising "FordPass Connect the 2019
    Ford Mustang GT350 and the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt come standard with the
    FordPass Connect system". In other words, this FordPass Connect is not an
    optional item for this vehicle, it is standard. It is optional on the Ford
    Mustang GT and Ford Mustang Ecoboost with the 301a and 401a packages but is
    standard on the Mustang Bullitt but Ford in reality did not include what they
    promoted and advertised. It is promoted for the Bullitt as a standard item that
    does not need to be selected by the customer. You can see it on the attached
    link, FordPass Connect, powered by FordPass.
    https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html
    I have talked with my selling dealer after the purchase as since it was
    advertised and promoted as standard I thought it was on the car, I also spoke
    with Ford customer service and both responses were it is out of their hands. I
    had the FordPass Connect on my 2018 Forfd Mustang GT Premium with the 401a
    package that I traded in for the 2019 Bullitt and I fully enjoyed it on it.
    This is an obvious deceitful part by Ford of falsely promoting a feature that
    they promoted as a selling point of the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt. I am asking
    that they supply and the modem and bracket that was promised for the FordPass
    Connect. It affects approximately 8000 2019 Mustang Bullitt's. Thanking you in
    advance for your time and consideration.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
@steve2150 Thanks!

This is a lengthy process, but it gets the gears moving. FTC and MAG are my next two forms.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Received a reply from the BBB.

Dear Stephen Rabinowitz:

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted to the Better Business Bureau on 11/12/2019 against Ford Motor Company / Consumer Affairs. Your complaint was assigned ID 13958947.

Your complaint has been sent to the business for their response. Most complaints are resolved within thirty (30) days. Your BBB will contact you as soon as a response is received from the business. Please wait to hear from us. If you have not received an update, and it is beyond the 30 day processing time, you may contact your Dispute Resolution Consultant for further information. Please reference this complaint ID if you contact us. In the meantime, if you and the company reach a resolution, please notify us.

Regards,

Better Business Bureau
Tessalonia Westbrook
Fax: 248-356-5156
[email protected]

Note: The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on the website(s) of BBB (BBB also reserves the right to not post the text of your complaint, in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information when you tell us about your problem or in your desired outcome. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.

Sponsored

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Received a reply from the BBB.

Dear Stephen Rabinowitz:

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted to the Better Business Bureau on 11/12/2019 against Ford Motor Company / Consumer Affairs. Your complaint was assigned ID 13958947.

Your complaint has been sent to the business for their response. Most complaints are resolved within thirty (30) days. Your BBB will contact you as soon as a response is received from the business. Please wait to hear from us. If you have not received an update, and it is beyond the 30 day processing time, you may contact your Dispute Resolution Consultant for further information. Please reference this complaint ID if you contact us. In the meantime, if you and the company reach a resolution, please notify us.

Regards,

Better Business Bureau
Tessalonia Westbrook
Fax: 248-356-5156
[email protected]

Note: The text of your complaint may be publicly posted on the website(s) of BBB (BBB also reserves the right to not post the text of your complaint, in accordance with BBB policy). Please do not include any personally identifiable information when you tell us about your problem or in your desired outcome. By submitting your complaint, you are representing that it is a truthful account of your experience with the business. BBB may edit your complaint to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.

FYI BBB is a 100% scam. It is not a government entity or a "consumer watchdog" it's a business. They pretend like they are something different, but they are not. If you pay, as a business, to be a verified member, you cannot get a bad review. All you have to do is reply with "nope didn't happen" and it's closed. Been dealing with them for 15 years as a car dealer, complete ripoff. This applies to truecar, dealerrater, yelp, carfax, and autocheck fyi. How do you think all these "free service" companies afford to stay in business??

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Mumble jumble reply to BBB from Ford

Tessalonia Westbrook

Better Business Bureau Serving Eastern Michigan

20300 West 12 Mile Road, Suite 202

Southfield, MI 48076-6409

Re: Stephen Rabinowitz; Complaint: 13958947; VIN: Unknown

Dear Ms. Westbrook:

A complaint was filed with your office by Mr. Rabinowitz regarding 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt. You asked Ford Motor Company to review and provide your office with our written response. Our Consumer Affairs Department has reviewed Mr. Rabinowitz’ concern regarding the FordPass Connect as standard issue with the Mustang Bullitt.

The review indicates that the concern Mr. Rabinowitz experienced with the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt at (Dealership Unknown) was not attributed to a warrantable factory defect. This appears to be an issue with whether the FordPass Connect is standard issue with the vehicle.

Ford and Lincoln Dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses; we believe this issue can be best resolved at the dealership by contacting the Dealer Principle or General Manager.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please consider this our closing report.

Sincerely,

Anthony Gregory

Consumer Affairs Legal Analyst

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Tessalonia Westbrook

Dear Ms. Westbrook:
A complaint was filed with your office by Mr. Rabinowitz regarding 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt. You asked Ford Motor Company to review and provide your office with our written response. Our Consumer Affairs Department has reviewed Mr. Rabinowitz’ concern regarding the FordPass Connect as standard issue with the Mustang Bullitt.

The review indicates that the concern Mr. Rabinowitz experienced with the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt at (Dealership Unknown) was not attributed to a warrantable factory defect. This appears to be an issue with whether the FordPass Connect is standard issue with the vehicle.

Ford and Lincoln Dealerships are independently owned and operated businesses; we believe this issue can be best resolved at the dealership by contacting the Dealer Principle or General Manager.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please consider this our closing report.

Sincerely,
Anthony Gregory
upload_2019-11-13_18-9-6.jpeg

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)

Tessalonia Westbrook

Dear Ms. Westbrook:

Sincerely,

Anthony Gregory

For what it is worth I rejected their response that the dealer has nothing to do with this, it is a factory installed item that is standard on the 2019 Bullitt when it is being built and included the link that shows it to be standard.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Exercise in futility..me thinks!! But hey, if you’ve got the time and nothing else to do... go for it!! I’ll just drive and enjoy what I’ve got and be happy!! Good Luck.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
For what it is worth I rejected their response that the dealer has nothing to do with this, it is a factory installed item that is standard on the 2019 Bullitt when it is being built and included the link that shows it to be standard.
You can update your ftc report with this info.

Bullitt1589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #1589
I may be coming in late with this, but my car connects with the FordPass app just fine. It's pretty useless, but it did send me notices of my BLIS fault so I can prove to the dealer that the intermittent problem actually happened, so that might help. The car doesn't have any wifi hotspot or anything, which would be cool but oh well.

EDIT: Ok I found the other 9 page thread, I see the wifi modem is the issue. I'll check mine when I get home, but never saw it mentioned in the app. I have an early build, took delivery in Oct. 2018.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I may be coming in late with this, but my car connects with the FordPass app just fine. It's pretty useless, but it did send me notices of my BLIS fault so I can prove to the dealer that the intermittent problem actually happened, so that might help. The car doesn't have any wifi hotspot or anything, which would be cool but oh well.
All Mustangs/Bullitt's will connect to the FordPass app. That is not the issue. That would be FordPass Connect. That's why you do not have a hotspot. But according to Ford's advertising/marketing departments you're supposed to. If this doesn't matter to you fine that's your call. But to many others getting what you were told you were getting it what is of importance.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
See this thread: Bullitt and FordPass App
Sponsored