Vehicle Showcase

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I wouldn't mind a decent Thunderbird two seater, not like that last try. Something along the lines of a Mercedes SL550 or SL 63 AMG, but a lot cheaper and about 1000lbs lighter, would be great. The Mustang has gotten too big and heavy. It's a great car for it's size and price, but lacks the intimate feel of a two seater.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The rear seat delete can give the Mustang a stingray feel. I've considered it, but cannot seem to make the move. The biggest reason what's offered lacks a finished look. Has that after thought about it.

As it stands the fact that the rear seats are useless. Rides like a 2-seater.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Bring one back with a Coyote engine, a 2700 pound curb weight, combined with a killer look/stance and it‘ll fly. Set it up with the ability to go in either direction (road race or drag race) and they’ll sell. Maybe even sneak a Cougar version in there again.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
If they would take the "Mustang from the big & tall section" approach they did in the 90s - I would have one in a heartbeat. I loved those cars, a modern MN12 would basically be a Dodge Challenger equivalent - I like the 2015+ Mustang, but they do have some "too small" aspects to them as far as interior space and comfort go - also, where did ergonomics go? 94-97 thunderbird/cougar and 93+ Mark VIII had a nice ergonomic dash/door panel setup - everything within easy reach. These cars are horrible about that - Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love my Mustang....but if I could get a modernized 90s bird/cat I would.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If they would take the "Mustang from the big & tall section" approach they did in the 90s - I would have one in a heartbeat. I loved those cars, a modern MN12 would basically be a Dodge Challenger equivalent - I like the 2015+ Mustang, but they do have some "too small" aspects to them as far as interior space and comfort go - also, where did ergonomics go? 94-97 thunderbird/cougar and 93+ Mark VIII had a nice ergonomic dash/door panel setup - everything within easy reach. These cars are horrible about that - Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love my Mustang....but if I could get a modernized 90s bird/cat I would.

Here is what I think makes the controls hard to live with, believe it or not. It these lame touch screens, and why?

Think about it push buttons and knobs one never needed to look at or for.

Driving a driver could blindly reach for the control feel it, and use it.

Now one must scroll for them and make sure he hits what is wanted.

Hate it !

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; one thing about the latest Mustangs to me has been they are large for the type. I get the platform is used to make other Ford models.
I have thought for years that same platform could be made into a nice midsized sedan. A four door sedan with Mustang running gear would be worth a good look. I was not thinking to have it called a Mustang however. Chevy made an SS Sedan back in 2017 based on the Holden chassis. That was a bit too big but the same sort of concept.
I would want a V8 and a manual trans or the concept would be a waste to me.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
My guess, just a familiar name to use on a new platform in the future. They can hype the news anyway they want, any news is good news, right.
If they do use it to compete with Corvette, it will be all battery. Something for the rich people to buy and put away in their garages.

The days of manufacturing a light vehicle are gone. Not really possible with what is required safety wise, and by what people who actually buy want.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious how the Thunderbird is anywhere in the same zip code as a Corvette? When Ford rereleased the Thunderbird, I don't recall anyone comparing it to a Corvette.

It's bad enough that people compare the GT500 (the height of Mustang models) to the C8 Z51 (the lowest model for the 8th generation Corvette). Don't get me wrong, the GT500 is definitely an awesome car but it is no Corvette. The Z06/Z07 (depending if you are going street car to street car or track pack to track pack) is going to decimate the GT500 and it won't even be the top of the line Corvette. The ZR1 I'm betting will put the GT to shame (not the Mustang GT, THE GT).

How the Thunderbird will fit in this picture... IDK. Wishful thinking?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That all happened in 50s, Thunderbird was the first Corvette a come lately is a me too.

The Corvette is overrated, must own one to understand.

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
That all happened in 50s, Thunderbird was the first Corvette a come lately is me too.

The Corvette is overrated, must own one to understand.
I have owned several and I have mixed feelings about them. If you have ever owned a Porsche you would understand.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have little interest in foreign cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Bring one back with a Coyote engine, a 2700 pound curb weight, combined with a killer look/stance and it‘ll fly. Set it up with the ability to go in either direction (road race or drag race) and they’ll sell. Maybe even sneak a Cougar version in there again.
If they could get it down to 3200 I would be seriously impressed. I owned a C5 Z06 (3,000 lbs) and that thing was a little scary feeling in heavy traffic. I definitely didn't want to get in an accident with it. My GR86 is 2800 lbs but it feels like a rolling tank by comparison.

I love the idea of any sporty Ford CAR. Even if it's a little more personal luxury and a little less sports car like the T-bird always was. We need more CARS in this world.
Sponsored